Author Topic: veggies question  (Read 7253 times)

Offline LACHY

• Forager
    • View Profile
veggies question
« on: June 03, 2013, 02:06:03 pm »
whats the best way to cook them in order to preserve their nutritional value? steam them?? I eat a lot of sprouts, cabagge,,etc
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 03:03:57 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: veggies question
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 03:04:28 pm »
Yeah, steaming is best. Boiling lightly in water isn't too bad either.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 08:03:20 pm »
Yeah, steaming is best. Boiling lightly in water isn't too bad either.

My personal preference is breaded and fried in canola oil.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LACHY

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 08:46:04 pm »
Thanks guys... i was actually  boling them a bit but read somewhere  boiling  them in  water kills the nutrients in sprouts and cabbage...reason why i decided to ask on here...I'm new to Paleo so wanted to do things right.

p.s..everytime one posts have to go throught verification and  the math questions?? jesus...lol

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 09:34:25 pm »
Thanks guys... i was actually  boling them a bit but read somewhere  boiling  them in  water kills the nutrients in sprouts and cabbage...reason why i decided to ask on here...I'm new to Paleo so wanted to do things right.

p.s..everytime one posts have to go throught verification and  the math questions?? jesus...lol

I was being sarcastic. Very sarcastic. I assume TD was too.

We're a raw forum. We eat everything raw.

Sorry if you're a newbie and you're trying to work your way into a raw diet. I didn't mean to come off as a d**k (didn't realize this was posted in the newbie section).
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 09:49:22 pm by DaBoss88 »
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline LACHY

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 12:53:34 am »
damn..lol......although when i read" breaded in canola oil" i was like WTF???..so raw sprouts and cabbage eh???

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 05:18:25 am »
damn..lol......although when i read" breaded in canola oil" i was like WTF???..so raw sprouts and cabbage eh???

Yeah. In fact it would be a good idea to look into the fermented plant foods section under display your culinary creations if you're interested in fermenting that cabbage into sauerkraut or other ferments.

We also eat our animal foods raw. Make sure before you start eating raw animal foods you know which kind to get (organic and grassfed, wild caught, etc.). Here's a link showing why we go for grass fed.

http://www.eatwild.com/foodsafety.html

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 06:07:07 am »
I generally don't eat veggies.  I find them too hard to digest raw.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk