Author Topic: Brushing Teeth Primal Style  (Read 51692 times)

Offline Waungata

• Trapper
  • Neander Valley
    • View Profile
Brushing Teeth Primal Style
« on: December 23, 2008, 09:19:31 pm »
How many of you brush your teeth with butter and clay? I've tried it with butter and clay, butter and baking soda, and plain soap with and without clay and/or baking soda. Adding minerals does seem to whiten the enamel, especially after going a long period with only using soap.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Brushing Teeth Primal Style
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2008, 09:28:54 pm »
I use baking soda and regular toothpaste when I haven't the time to get hold of baking soda.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

William

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2008, 03:57:11 pm »
Back in the day I used to brush, but put nothing on the toothbrush.
I don't mind if teeth are yellow.

Offline boxcarguy07

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2008, 11:08:30 pm »
If I do brush my teeth, it is with just a brush and nothing else. I used to use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, but found it not to really be necessary.

I usually just don't brush my teeth, and my breath is fine unless I've gone off the diet

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2008, 06:43:35 am »
I usually brush my teeth with either water or some organic soap.
I discovered the harm of flouride way many years ago and do not buy the commercial toothpastes.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2008, 07:16:39 am »
How many of you brush your teeth with butter and clay? I've tried it with butter and clay, butter and baking soda, and plain soap with and without clay and/or baking soda. Adding minerals does seem to whiten the enamel, especially after going a long period with only using soap.

:P I've tried butter and clay, and I like it.  It gets my teeth the cleanest and so sleekly smooth.  My teeth hadn't felt so smooth for a while before I started RAF.  Eating raw whole eggs generally can clean my teeth too sometimes.  It's the whites I think, but I wouldn't want to eat them alone -d.  I've tried baking soda, toothsoap, Bronner's, peroxide, plain water.  Plain water worked a lot better for me than SA(D) toothpaste.  I started that when I was a teenager.  I needed it too. ;D  Baking soda tastes like artificial salt or something, I dislike that too much.   
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Waungata

• Trapper
  • Neander Valley
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 04:25:34 pm »
I believed all the hoopla about toothsoap but it never seemed to make much of a difference. It did make my teath darker. You'd have thought that I drank coffee, tea, and smoked all day long!

Adding bicabonate of soda made a little differnce but adding clay made quite a bit of difference. To add to that, I've found butter and clay the best! The raw-vegan-induced enamel rot has gotten lighter as well as the rest of my teeth. The spots that disintigrated haven't come back but the enamel along the gumline hasn't given me any problems what-so-ever! My teeth feel and look stronger.

Anyone have a Raw Paleo substitute for butter? No offence to Primal Dieters.

Offline feral

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2008, 05:31:20 pm »
I believed all the hoopla about toothsoap but it never seemed to make much of a difference. It did make my teath darker. You'd have thought that I drank coffee, tea, and smoked all day long!

Adding bicabonate of soda made a little differnce but adding clay made quite a bit of difference. To add to that, I've found butter and clay the best! The raw-vegan-induced enamel rot has gotten lighter as well as the rest of my teeth. The spots that disintigrated haven't come back but the enamel along the gumline hasn't given me any problems what-so-ever! My teeth feel and look stronger.

Anyone have a Raw Paleo substitute for butter? No offence to Primal Dieters.

I either use nothing ( a little water...) or baking soda.  I have a sister who uses sea salt, and another sibling who uses Himalayan salt (not much difference).  Raw Paleo substitute for butter?  Maybe making it from human milk  -\

Offline Elainie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2009, 04:51:23 am »
Hi there, I use dental blotting and oil pulling- no toothpaste, brushing or flossing.

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2009, 10:13:49 am »
I've heard you can whiten teeth with coconut oil.  Let coconut oil sit in your mouth for 15 or so mins, and then spit; it also helps to remove toxins.  I tried it once w/o much effect, but I would think if you did it once a day, it might work.  Anyone tried this?

Also, while we're at it, for bathing I lather up w/ coconut oil, and then hop in a hot shower.  I figure it should bring the blood circulating to the skin, where the oil should help toxins to transpire out, and maybe help protect me from various chemicals in the water (of which there are many in Vegas).  After a few minuites of rinsing, I'll then take orange/lemon/lime and squeeze over my whole body and hair.  It leaves me smelling like citrus for the rest of the day.  Strong citrus also seems to soften my hair.  Be careful though, if you use lemon/lime too often and too much on the armpits, it may start to sting after a few weeks.
When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline Elainie

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2009, 10:45:27 am »
That is what I do- I oil pull with coconut oil first thing in the AM for 20 minutes, then spit it out. My teeth and gums are very good/clean as a result.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2009, 08:21:18 pm »
"Oil-pulling"? What is that? Just swilling in the mouth and spitting it out? I wouldn't mind trying that except that I have food-intolerance issues with coconut-oil so would be afraid of swallowing it inadvertently. Any suggestions of any other raw substances I might use?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 02:44:00 am by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2009, 10:37:18 pm »

Everyone I've spoken to about it does it about twenty minutes.  Many use organic cold pressed sesame oil, but others use canola, olive Oil, safflower, sesame, sunflower or walnut.

Apparently it's supposed to help cure a lot of ills.  See this article in the Hindu Business Line online edition: http://tinyurl.com/2ccvln

I tried it a couple of times.  I don't have a lot of experience with it.
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline Juicy Dan

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 07:37:35 am »
Hi there, I use dental blotting and oil pulling- no toothpaste, brushing or flossing.

Hi Elainie,

Would you be willing to describe dental blotting for the forum?  I like the oil pulling idea and will incorporate that into my daily routine.  I floss because some of my teeth are very close together and food stuff sometimes get in between.   

Juicy Dan!

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 08:24:27 pm »
Blotting techniques explained here with a great vid explaining it, the 3 pound 50 is way too expensive tho, get em in bulk from the states for about 2 dollars each, about 1 pound each ...

http://www.anousta.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=111&Itemid=183

Available for $1.50 here ...

http://sava2th.com/product5.html

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 12:27:50 pm »
my toddler brushes his teeth once a while with just raw grass fed organic butter. i see his teeth shines right away. i'm too lazy to do that. i know about oil pulling and this is so time consuming... i heard that's really helpful for gums and teeth.
bugs or country chickens

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 12:32:17 pm »
my toddler brushes his teeth once a while with just raw grass fed organic butter. i see his teeth shines right away. i'm too lazy to do that. i know about oil pulling and this is so time consuming... i heard that's really helpful for gums and teeth.

i hear that if you use organic strawberries to brush your teeth, that makes teeth whiter. in my country i never know any yellow tooth. i find this yellow teeth hear. every other people have this yellow teeth issue here and dentists are making tons of money.
bugs or country chickens

Offline nero

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2010, 02:49:48 pm »
I'm not trying to steal the focus but what do those old farts (66) like me do to paleologically clean their dentures.  I had a very serious calcium absorption problem growing up and lost my teeth the time I was in my very early twenties.  They just crumpled in my mouth. 

There must be a better, safer way to clean/brush dentures than using Efferdent or like products.

Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance for any usable advice.

nero
_____

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2010, 04:48:29 pm »
Any suggestions? 

Fine clay would probably help.

William

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2010, 09:56:17 pm »
Some of us on raw zero carb have noticed that out teeth stay white and clean without brushing, same as our fellow carnivores.
Proof that the primal diet is not paleo.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 10:23:27 pm »

There must be a better, safer way to clean/brush dentures than using Efferdent or like products.

nero
_____

baking soda and vinegar/peroxide as a soak then brush/scrub em off if you want a more conventional technique then clay, it will effervesce so be careful(not harmful just messy, dont use this mixture in your mouth!)

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2010, 03:47:35 am »
I'm not trying to steal the focus but what do those old farts (66) like me do to paleologically clean their dentures.  I had a very serious calcium absorption problem growing up and lost my teeth the time I was in my very early twenties.  They just crumpled in my mouth. 

nero
_____

What type of dentures are they?

Offline nero

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2010, 05:05:43 pm »
'Couldn't really say what kind of dentures they are, Roony.  Full top and bottom, of course; plastic with porcelain teeth, I'm told.  Best I can tell ya.  Lost a tooth a few years ago and they charged me double the going rate to replace the tooth with a perfect match.  Since they are almost fifty years old, they probably differ greatly from the sets made today but since they fit perfectly, you can bet I'm not going to go get another set any time soon.  As a matter of fact, the old temporaries still fit as well as the old final, finished set so I really have two utile sets.

I'll try all suggestions at least once.  By the way, where does one find 'clay'?

Thanks.

nero
_____

Offline roony

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 11:58:37 pm »
'Couldn't really say what kind of dentures they are, Roony.  Full top and bottom, of course; plastic with porcelain teeth, I'm told.  Best I can tell ya.  Lost a tooth a few years ago and they charged me double the going rate to replace the tooth with a perfect match.  Since they are almost fifty years old, they probably differ greatly from the sets made today but since they fit perfectly, you can bet I'm not going to go get another set any time soon.  As a matter of fact, the old temporaries still fit as well as the old final, finished set so I really have two utile sets.

I'll try all suggestions at least once.  By the way, where does one find 'clay'?

Thanks.

nero
_____

If your on a paleo diet, it doesnt really matter if you clean them or not, just clear it of debris

But if it contains plastic, the bacteria in your mouth will detiorate it, as all plastics are liquids & leech chemicals, even food grade plastics

You can prevent this easily, by using some lemon or vinegar, as suggested earlier, with something granular as a gentle scourer, im not sure clay is the correct medium, as clay reacts to plastics

Some sort of dried herbs, or oats, would work much better, as they dont react to plastics etc.

Basically create an anerobic environment the bacteria cant feed on, like the lemon, vinegar, peroxide etc

The only problem is, some bacteria will always get at the plastic, its probably best to try & get fully porcelain, or none toxic dentures

Or even better, make your own denture moulds

Offline spear of destiny

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2010, 01:18:16 pm »
charcoal might work

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk