Author Topic: eggshells for white teeth  (Read 16379 times)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: eggshells for white teeth
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2013, 10:05:45 am »
Then why can't one uptake minerals like iron from a finely ground nail, assuming correct dosage? Is it because a nail, through heating, loses something that allows it to uptake? Couldn't clay at any point in history been exposed to a natural fire?

Minerals  (both pure elements like graphite, and mineral compounds like calcium carbonate) vary widely in their solubility in stomach acid. Calcium and magnesium (and their common mineral forms) generally dissolve VERY easily in stomach acid, some other minerals less so. 

Heat has nothing to do with that. It's just molecular chemistry.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2013, 06:18:20 am »
wyhat a joke. Minerals are greatly affected by heat just like anything else. You can see them change form when heating them up.

but believe what you want. Iv personally thrown a mineral in a fire once just for fun when i was a kid and it exploded after about 5 seconds. sounds like a pretty big change to me lol.
-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2013, 07:56:40 am »
Ya even molecular chemistry deals with heat often to secure a certain change. I think it denatures in the same way as enzymes gets denatured.

Solubility may be determined by heat. Nails were melted into that form, heated, so solubility dropped. A dog that ingests a raw bone dissolves it completely and can't digest cooked bone at all really.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2013, 10:25:34 am »

A dog that ingests a raw bone dissolves it completely and can't digest cooked bone at all really.

Your evidence?

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
  • smart enough to play dumb...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2013, 11:24:02 am »
perhaps a new thread dealing with the topic of mineral chemistry (?) would help bring additional feedback from other members...  (since we're all curious now).  this thread started as a means to convey the idea of using eggshells for dental whitening...  now it's veering towards dog digestion. 

fresh thread, fresh set of eyes.
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 04:02:29 am »
Your evidence?

observing my own 3 dogs feces. I feed them raw bones all the time, no issues re digestion. Clean solid formed logs. When they have gotten into the garbage in the past, chicken bones come out in shards.

and yes Bookittyrun, probably a new thread on this would help. It veered possibly from trying to figure out WHY the eggshells helped.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 08:23:31 am »
observing my own 3 dogs feces. I feed them raw bones all the time, no issues re digestion. Clean solid formed logs. When they have gotten into the garbage in the past, chicken bones come out in shards.

That's not minerals, that's cooked chicken bones.  The digestibility of the protein in the bones is definitely damaged by heat.  However, the actual minerals themselves, if the were not part of the protein complex in the bones, would be very absorbable.  I ought to know, I've eaten many pounds of bone meal, dolomite, Terramin, Pascalite, etc. over the years. I definitely get good health effects from those, when I've needed them.  They absorb just fine.

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2013, 04:05:48 am »
not in an effort to continue "beating the dead horse", but to pass on info...

it's my understanding that poultry bones, along with pork rib bones, are not suitable for canines, due to the fact they splinter when chewed (as evidenced in the feces you've observed).  the potential for injury to the digestive system exists.  felines, for whatever reason, don't seem to have the same issue?  maybe they don't eat the bones, i'm not a cat fanatic enough to investigate, or care...

i'm moving on now...
"it'll be just like a sleepover, only we'll be sweaty and covered with grease!"  spongebob squarepants

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2013, 02:37:18 am »
That's another myth propagated in the same manner that humans eating raw meat will surely die from foodborne illness. When the bones are raw, they are soft and malleable. easy for any dog over 4 months to chew and digest. Even chicken legs and pork necks. The cooked bones are firm and brittle, however, and do splinter and cause serious damage.

I feed my pups raw too and follow another community on that, none of which have EVER had problems. Something that, like high-meat, the word would get out fast if its that bad.

Other fun myths to deter people from feeding their pups raw:

"They will get a taste for raw blood and become aggressive"
"They will see other animals as something to chase down and kill for their meal"
"They will get parasites/worms/sick/etc."
"They will hurt their teeth on bones"

silly stuff.
-Dustin

Offline bookittyrun

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2013, 03:22:14 am »
ahh...  interesting.  thanks for the follow up!     8)

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 06:21:27 pm »
wyhat a joke. Minerals are greatly affected by heat just like anything else. You can see them change form when heating them up.

but believe what you want. Iv personally thrown a mineral in a fire once just for fun when i was a kid and it exploded after about 5 seconds. sounds like a pretty big change to me lol.

do you still eat your one eggshell per day? any other positive(or negative) changes? do you clean in any way your eggshell before eating it?

one eggshell = how much powdered eggshell?

thaks
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk