Author Topic: Why not omnivore and carnivore along with carb focus?  (Read 4535 times)

Satya

Why not omnivore and carnivore along with carb focus?
« on: May 25, 2008, 10:17:34 am »
In the 'raw paleo to suit you' the focus is on carbs.  Personally, I eat omnivorous, but little carbs - just some vegetables and lower carb fruit.  It is really the neolithic foods that whack me out in terms of weight gain, fatigue, etc.  Anyway, since rpd diets are really divided by degree of animal foods, perhaps we should at least add those distinctions to the choices.  As Kyle mentioned in one post in that carb forum, he sees carbs more in terms of weight loss.  As do many.  But not everyone has weight to lose.  For those that focus on carbs, there are those choices.  But some are all animal eaters, some more plant based.  Okay, ramble done.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 10:29:47 am by Satya »

Satya

Re: Why not omnivore and carnivore along with carb focus?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 10:26:38 am »
And now I see zero carb says all animal.  Maybe add the carnivore to the title?  You know "Zero Carb/Carnivore?"  It is just one of those things about the web or writing in general.  When I am scanning the forum and see "Zero Carb" it doesn't intrigue me (personally) in the same way "Carnivore" does.  I tend to think of the user experience generally, and this is my opinion as one.  We want to show the headings/titles that the user will resonate with to have a spanking good show of participation/readership.  Correct?

xylothrill

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 08:08:24 pm »
Gotcha! Is that better?

Satya

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2008, 08:46:15 pm »
Gotcha! Is that better?

Yes, Craig, I do like it better.  But I am only 1 member.  Perhaps others may not.  Also, perhaps we need a forum specifically for weight loss too?  Just a thought.

Thank you for considering these suggestions.  You guys have a great overall design for rawpaleoforum.  Keep up the good work!

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 05:11:36 am »
I think exercise/bodybuilding should be fine for weight loss topics. Early in a forums life you don't want to spread out the posts thin.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk