Author Topic: Organ Meat and Animal Fats Toronto?  (Read 6265 times)

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
Organ Meat and Animal Fats Toronto?
« on: July 27, 2013, 09:00:21 am »
I'm desperately searching for grass-fed organic organ meats and fats in Toronto.
It seems to be a hopeless mission, does anybody know anywhere I could go?

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Organ Meat and Animal Fats Toronto?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 12:56:16 pm »
Beaver Vale Farms is a family run operation that has been in our family since 1849. We are dedicated to providing our customers with high quality Grass Fed Beef. Our cattle are exclusively pasture fed and in the winter eat hay and haylage. Our animals receive no antibiotics, growth hormones or GMO’s. Our pastures receive no pesticides or chemical fertilizers.

The animals are processed locally at a provincially inspected abattoir and are dry aged for 21 days for superior flavour and tenderness. We sell meat in quarters, halves, whole and smaller family packs.

We are located 30 minutes north of Toronto and would welcome your visit, but please call ahead.

Beaver Vale Farms, Craig and Wenda Lea Wilcox, 4736 8th Line RR#1, Beeton Ontario L0G 1A0. (905) 775-7639.
 E-mail: cwilcox@interhop.net. Website: http://www.BeaverVale.ca

Grass Roots Beef at Hillview Farm is 100% grass fed. The Canadian Galloway cattle are raised on the pastures of a family farm and are fed only a natural diet of pasture and hay. While grazing they are rotated through the pastures of Hillview Farm in southern Grey County, two hours northwest of Toronto.

Managed intensive grazing techniques maximize the quality of the naturally occurring grasses and clovers and help protect the environment by preserving grasslands and habitat for wild life. The hay grown on Hillview Farm is fed during the winter months. No antibiotics, hormones or additives of any kind are fed, and no herbicides are used in this totally grass fed diet. The water from the farm well is pumped to each of the pastures allowing the cattle to drink the same water we do.

Only low-stress, humane cattle management techniques are used on Hillview Farm and visitors enjoy watching the herd being quietly led to new pastures, and grazing fresh grass in familiar surroundings.

While grass finished cattle take a little longer to get to their finished weight than cattle in feedlots, we take the time. Their meat becomes healthier, lower in saturated fats, higher in Omega 3 and conjugated linoleic acid (CLA). A 100% grass fed diet also leads to increased levels of Beta Carotene, Vitamin E, and Vitamin C in the beef. Some doctors have begun recommending grass finished beef to families.

The cattle’s rate of growth and quality of their meat will be determined by their natural diet and the richness of their environment, not drugs and food additives.

Grass Roots Beef animals are processed at a nearby small family owned abattoir under government inspection and regulation, then dry aged to maximize the natural flavour benefits of grass finished cattle.

Grass Roots Beef at Hillview Farm, Dennis Starkey, 263836 Southgate Road 26, RR 4, Durham Ontario N0G 1R0. (519) 369-6966.
 E-mail: grassrootsmeats@gmail.com. Website: http://www.grassrootsbeef.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Stoddart Family Farm is a certified organic producer of organic meats, grains and vegetables in the Kawartha Lakes region of Ontario. We offer pasture-raised beef, lamb, chicken, duck, turkey, wild turkey, guinea hen (pintade), chicken eggs and duck eggs.

We are home to the only herd of Ancient White Park cattle in Canada. This globally endangered breed traces its history to pre-Roman times in the British Isles. It produces an excellent carcass on pasture with its fine textured meat. Our primary focus is increasing the numbers of this breed but we have beef available sporadically depending on the number of male calves born each year.

All of our meat is processed in a government inspected facility and our beef is dry-aged for a minimum of 21 days to ensure optimum tenderness.

Our pastures and our production methods are certified organic by Organic Crop Producers and Processors (OCPP) meaning that we do not use any synthetic pesticides or fertilizers on our pastures and our animals receive no antibiotics, hormones or pesticides.

Visit us at the Wychwood Barns or Brickworks farmers’ markets in Toronto on Saturdays or inquire about our product through our website.

The Stoddart Family Farm, Harry Stoddart, 1315 Zion Road, RR No. 2, Little Britain ON. K0M 2C0. (705) 786-7705.
 E-mail: farm@stoddart.ca. Website: http://www.stoddart.ca.

Stone Horse Farm produces pastured pork and chicken to order each year. We take orders from March–May and have the frozen, processed meat ready for you to pick-up on the farm in September and October. Chickens are sold whole, and pigs are sold by the side.

Both the pigs and chickens live outside as soon as they are old enough to tolerate weather extremes. This is about 8 weeks of age for the pigs, and 5 weeks of age for the chickens. Both are raised on green, grass pastures, with run-in sheds for shelter at any time. All grain is locally grown and is non-GMO. The livestock is processed by local abattoirs that are provincially inspected. Their entire lives are spent in a stress-free environment with as much sun, fresh air, and non-GMO feed as they wish to eat, along with our fresh well-water. We achieve an especially nutrient-dense meat loaded with healthy fat and flavour with the addition of micro-nutrients including kelp and diatomaceous earth.

Meat is cut, frozen and freezer-wrapped when you pick-up in the fall. We provide a 5-day notice of when your meat will be ready to pick-up. Meat MUST be picked up that day. We are an easy 40-minute drive from Toronto, straight up Highway 400. We are 5 minutes off the highway, between the Cookstown and Barrie exits.

Stone Horse Farm is located on a century farm, first cleared in 1880, that has been worked by small family-owners ever since. We have enjoyed taking on the care of this beautiful old property since 2003. We are dedicated to producing healthy food for our children and yours while making a positive environmental impact.

Stone Horse Farm, Lisa Peterson, 3869 7th Line, Innisfil ON L9S 3M4. (705) 458-1933.
 E-mail: stonehorsefarm@yahoo.ca. Website: http://www.stonehorsefarm.ca.

At Svetec Farms we are certified Organic with Pro-Cert  Registration #11-405. We produce grass-fed beef, pastured pork, certified organic chicken, duck, turkey, and free-range eggs.   

The beef cattle are on our pasture during the growing season and eat our own dry hay during the winter months. Our poultry are on pasture from June to October and the egg layers are out most of the time but shut in at night in their open barn. We feed only certified organic grains and vitamins and minerals from our own farm production or purchase from certified organic producers or resellers. We also produce certified organic vegetables in season, available at our farm store or for delivery.

We sell everything from our Country Porch Store on the farm. All meat is frozen but you can request fresh poultry for pick up at the farm on the day of delivery. For beef and pork we do steaks, ribs, roasts, ground  and all gluten free and regular sausages. For pork we also have peameal bacon and strip bacon (very small supply). We do smoked as well as fresh pork.   

Our store hours are Friday 10 am to 2 pm and Saturday 10 am to 4 pm. Call the farm for a weekly update on the phone message or talk to Farmer Paul or Jennifer. We do deliveries in the GTA one day per month. Check out our website or call for details on what is available and delivery dates.

The fastest way to our farm off the 401 is go east from Toronto to Waverly Road in Bowmanville. Go north or turn left off the ramp and left at the stop sign. Go straight through Bowmanville. You will go through five stop lights. After the fifth, which is Taunton Road, keep going north past sixth concession to the seventh concession. You will see a blue road sign for Svetec's Fresh Farm Market. Make a left heading west; we are about 2 miles down the road. 

Hope to see you all at Svetec Farms.

Svetec Farms, Paul and Jennifer Svetec, 2024 RR 1, Hampton ON. (905) 263-4655.
 E-mail: info@svetecfarms.com. Website: http://www.svetecfarms.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twin Creeks Farm and Garden is the farm of Gerald and Shari-Lynn te Velde and boys, Ian, Joshua, Lukas, Aaron, and Seth. We use organic and sustainable growing methods and our farm and our produce is "Certified Naturally Grown" (http://www.naturallygrown.org/ ).

All livestock, hay, grains and vegetables grown at Twin Creeks are primarily heritage breeds and varieties with absolutely NO pesticides, chemical fertilizers, hormones, or GMO technology. We offer grass fed beef (no grain), grass fed lamb (no grain), grass-fed pork (supplemented with our naturally grown grain and milk from our grass fed cows), eggs from our grass-fed chickens, and grass-fed chicken and turkey (supplemented with our naturally grown grain).

Our beef, lamb, and pork are available by the cut, primarily vacuum packed, and in small quantities. Our grass-fed chicken, turkey and eggs are currently available in limited quantities directly from our farm only, due to provincial marketing board regulations. All produce are available at our farm from Monday–Saturday.

Please call for the availability of all our products and to make sure we are available. We also sell our produce at 3 farmer's markets: Meaford, Collingwood, and Trinity Bellwoods (Toronto). Visit our website for more information.

Twin Creeks Farm and Garden, Gerald and Shari-Lynn te Velde, 205045 Highway #26, RR 8, Owen Sound, Ontario, N4K 5W4. (519) 538-4704.
 E-mail: support@twincreeksfarm.ca. Website: http://www.twincreeksfarm.ca

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2013, 08:44:40 pm »
Your farm?
Seriously?
Please say yes.
Thank you so much

I'll call today

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 04:08:02 am »
there are 6 ranches in that list, call them all, if they don't have what you want ask them if they know anyone, youd be surprised at how farms and ranches network

just incase you get desperate again or these are all fail all I did was google "grass fed meat Toronto" and go with the first webpage http://www.eatwild.com/products/canada.html

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2013, 04:29:05 am »
I'm really interested in the one you wrote that entire thing about.
I'm so impressed haha.
I want to buy everything from it

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2013, 06:02:01 am »
there are small blurbs about several different farms, I copied and pasted them from the website just incase that was too complicated.

I am not sure who is more confused right now.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2013, 08:02:16 am »
Your farm?
Seriously?

No, I think Jessica just copy pasted whats on the eat wild website.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2013, 11:44:56 am »
there are small blurbs about several different farms, I copied and pasted them from the website just incase that was too complicated.

I am not sure who is more confused right now.

Damn haha, I was excited.
Thanks though, Ill definitely be contacting them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk