Author Topic: Sustainability of carnivorous diet and small animal food  (Read 7200 times)

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
Sustainability of carnivorous diet and small animal food
« on: August 05, 2013, 04:14:41 pm »
Are there anyone that knows if there are any books regarding the subject how carnivorous diet can be more sustainable then a vegan diet? I have a hard time thinking that a vegan diet that only takes from the ground and not give anything back would be better. Drinking a ton of raw milk and eating smaller amounts of meat seems to me the most sustainable?

Also, what type of smaller animals have been cultivated around the world and eaten except from chickens? Would like to know if there are any small animal alternatives to only grow beef, lams sheep, pigs. I live in Sweden so they have to be able to stand the winter also.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Sustainability of carnivorous diet and small animal food
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2013, 10:49:47 pm »
How about some rodents, such as rabbits and cavies?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 11:16:34 pm »
meat a benign extravagance by simon fairlie,

i own this book but haven't read it but I do believe it is what you are looking for.

I have a huge opinion and a lot of experience with this, ill write more later.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 12:30:20 am »
Drinking a ton of raw milk (...)

Moved to Primal Diet section
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2013, 03:49:55 am »
Thanks for the info, will read that book asap! Exactly what i was looking for:
Here are a few documentary if you guys have not seen them yet.

http://www.perfecthumandiet.us/
http://farmageddonmovie.com/
http://www.thedirtmovie.org/

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2013, 01:25:31 am »
The burger revealed on Monday was coloured red with beetroot juice. The researchers have also added breadcrumbs, caramel and saffron, which were intended to add to the taste, although Ms Ruetzler said she could not taste these.

Yuck! Breadcrumbs? Caramel? seriously? people already think meat is unhealthy, lets just add to the fire and grow it ourselves from stem cells and call it a burger. It doesn't matter what other garbage we put in there as long as we can make it similar to the real thing. /sarcasm
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline favetelinguis

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
    • My blogg
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2013, 01:38:58 am »
Yes, it is so scary how people just eat anything cuz they feel lost with all the contradicting information.
https://campaign.soylent.me/soylent-free-your-body
This guy made 800.000USD in a few week selling oatpowder and some whey protein (more then this is added), sick!

It makes me wonder if I am to sensitive or if people have just lost perspective on what it means to feel good. I mean instead of going back and doing what works people have realized what we have now is not working but still they try to reinvent the wheel and they will probably find a solution some time but each generation of new people will be nothing more then guinea-pigs since there is no way they can predict the results, they have to observe what happens with the population while feeding it all sorts of shit.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 08:43:24 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 03:25:34 am »
I think it's because all the generations that felt good eating a certain way died off and the only ones we know about died at 60-70 from disease or something. I think of my grandparents talking about their grandparents and how they barely knew them before they died. The problem being; they didn't eat well at that point either and people think thats the time we are talking about. So obviously, with modern medicine coming around from SAD 150 years ago to now, yes I would prefer modern medicine if I were forced to eat synthetic/processed food also. However, 4,000 years ago, it's easy to see the diet was way better and even with our "advanced" knowledge of medicine and food, we are more sick than them. Of course we are being lied to and told that we are the healthiest group in the world and people have always died of disease at 40 years old until our wonderful western medicine came along and saved them.

It's the same thing concerning this, "we need more meat to feed people, how about instead of growing more animals and promoting meat raisers, we grow it synthetically and continue to promote 'healthy grains' as the viable alternative and give heaps of money to wheat farmers." It's ludicrous!

-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 04:40:47 am »
I don't know where to find it right now, I think I found it on the permies.com forum. There is an incredible e-book that outlines a great deal of small animals that are farmed or have farming potential, including miniature deer, reptiles, rodents and more. There are miniature pigs, sheep, goats and cows that can be found in this country. I think that guinea pigs are superior to rabbits in that they are easier to raise on a forage only diet and are tastier and higher in fat, however they are smaller.

See my thread "the proverbial revolution is at hand".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk