Author Topic: Salt and water retention  (Read 6672 times)

carnivore

Salt and water retention
« on: May 27, 2008, 04:17:00 pm »
Hello,

I have gain some weight since I introduced some salt in my raw carnivorous diet. That's a good thing for me.

Do you think it is simply water retention, or a better food assimilation ?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Salt and water retention
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 04:25:51 pm »
It's almost certainly due to water-retention, if it's that fast a gain.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

carnivore

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 06:08:04 pm »
It's almost certainly due to water-retention, if it's that fast a gain.

I am going to stop adding salt to my meat just to see if my weight drop. It this is the case, then salt is not for me...

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 06:10:47 pm »
How are your stools now, any different? Have you noticed any thing threw eating extra salt (mind, body)?

Nicola

carnivore

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 07:04:18 pm »
How are your stools now, any different? Have you noticed any thing threw eating extra salt (mind, body)?

Nicola
Didn't noticed any change in my stools.
I feel puffy, and my waist measurement has increased.

Adding salt is really unatural for me, even with unrefined salt (hymalayan salt). And I tend to overeat salty meat.

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 09:30:27 pm »
Carnivore, I had to much pressure and felt aggressive so I have not eaten any extra salt for a few days. I am eating (trying) to eat the tough (beef is I can handle now but mutton is hard work) and hope that this will be digested; it takes practice and faith!

Tell us how you get on.

Nicola

carnivore

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 11:48:32 pm »
Nicola,

Did you see any improvement in your digestive ability (or in any other area) with adding salt ?

I cannot easily digest hard to chew meat, so I try to "fletcherize" it, but it is difficult for me as I am not used to masticate a lot.

Frederic

Offline Nicola

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 04:09:31 am »
Nicola,

Did you see any improvement in your digestive ability (or in any other area) with adding salt ?

I cannot easily digest hard to chew meat, so I try to "fletcherize" it, but it is difficult for me as I am not used to masticate a lot.

Frederic

Improvement on digesive ability with adding salt would take more than a few days - I don't like being aggressive - our world has a lot of frustrated people and if you are sensitive then it's you that ends up feeding on their aggression.

I am drinking alkaline ionized water; this gives me energy and once I start drinking it threw the day...just the thought of extra salt does not feel right.

I am swallowing tough and all; the mutton has a calm fat and meat which I love. My system is having a lot of hard work but perhaps this is what it is looking for? My weight has gone down; I think it could be threw swallowing tough and all?

On TV I was half watching (TV only goes on in the evening for news and items of interest) a program about the inuit. They ate frozen fish for breakfast - big lumps and the children said "yum, yum"!

Perhaps we need to train our stomach and mind? Time will tell.

Nicola

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk