Author Topic: alert: cannabis may be GMO  (Read 5085 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
alert: cannabis may be GMO
« on: September 05, 2013, 02:27:52 am »
there appears to be some evidence that cannabis has been covertly genetically modified and the seeds of the gm cannabis has contaminated a great deal of the worlds cannabis crop. The question is to what degree.

http://gmocannabiswatch.blogspot.com/

another main question is, are all feminized plants genetically modified?

they speak of particles that can be found on some plants that indicate it was gm. SOme material used in genetic modification.

Is there an affordable way for people like us to be able to test organisms for the presene of genetic modification?

has the worlds most important vegetable been made illegal just so they could covertly inject the bad genes into as much of the worlds cannabis as they can before they legalize?
-----------

Offline Poncho

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: alert: cannabis may be GMO
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 06:03:22 am »
Maybe I'm just really lacking knowledge here,
but would genetically altering something at one point, have the ability to render the future generations of it bad?
Maybe that was poorly put, haha.

I mean, if something is genetically modified, and then its grandchildren are grown without anything more than healthy soil and water, won't their children be born healthy? Haha. I mean, maybe theyll be different, but any less healthy because of that?

Damn. That sounded stupid too.

Okay, so if I got some of these genetically modified plants, grew them in healthy good soil, with healthy good water, then took it's seeds, and grew them all healthy to, would it actually harm me to smoke that?

Thats what I always thought, I figured I'd grow my own until it was pure.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 09:31:06 am »
whether or not genetic modification can be done in a good way i cannot say definitivly. What i do know is that all the legal gm plants today produce their own pesticides internally so whether or not you spray them doesnt matter because the pesticide is part of its genetic code.

whether or not weed as modified in this way I do not know. SOme say it was modified to give it higher thc/cbd count. some say it was to make it lower. Either way i believe when you alter one gene a random number of other will ber andomly altered as well so it is very dangerous.

some people say that this geneti modification is only superficial so they could patent that specific gene code and then infect the rest of the world with that genetic code so they can have rights to it and say who can and cannot grow cannabis.

i dont see them genetically modifiying something though without putting some sort of biological weapon in it.

gm or not it seems that all potent weed still has tons of medicinal value when juiced or turned into oil. All the cured cancers dont lie.
-----------

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 09:40:25 am »
Maybe I'm just really lacking knowledge here,
but would genetically altering something at one point, have the ability to render the future generations of it bad?
Maybe that was poorly put, haha.

I mean, if something is genetically modified, and then its grandchildren are grown without anything more than healthy soil and water, won't their children be born healthy? Haha. I mean, maybe theyll be different, but any less healthy because of that?

Damn. That sounded stupid too.

Okay, so if I got some of these genetically modified plants, grew them in healthy good soil, with healthy good water, then took it's seeds, and grew them all healthy to, would it actually harm me to smoke that?

Thats what I always thought, I figured I'd grow my own until it was pure.

I see where you are going with your thinking, and what you left out is that "genetics" is the part that determines what future generations will be like. Healthy-unhealthy has nothing to do with it. In many cases, the genetic modification is inconsequential, like modifying a flowering plant's genetics to make a new color of flower. However, the general objections to genetic modification have to do with its broader impacts. So with cannabis, supposed they modify for high THC content and forget to pay attention to co-factors that make cannabis healthy? You'd get a massive high without any important health benefit. Even if you planted successive generations, you could never add back in what had been lost through genetic manipulation.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:01:28 am »
almost every gm on the market for human consumption today was specifically designed as a biological weapon. The gm corn made rats completely sterile in 3 generations, the gm soy does the same.

the problem with gm i not only that it is dangerous in terms of maniplating a gene causing random mutations but that it is dangerous in that it is specifically being used to kill people.

If it was gmed to hide biological weapons like every other gm  thats somethign to really be worried about.
-----------

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 09:26:35 pm »
the problem is they are trying to manipulate plant genetics to overcome problems that arent due to genetics but due to poor land/soil stewardship and industrial farming methods.  so they are just using the bandaid of science, just like the pharmaceutical companies, and making dangerous, untested modifications and further weakening any future generations of seed genetics and soil quality and the safety and sustainability of ecosystems.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 03:17:08 am »
Gmo's continue to modify with every generation. I believe that generations become less and less virile until they cannot survive or at least produce compared to their predecessors and likely cannot survive in the wild.

They could potentially mutate in harmful ways.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 08:25:57 am »
research update:

feminized seeds are not automatically GMO.

I found lots of info on feminizing online. Lots of people do it naturally.

-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk