Author Topic: Different Kinds of Salt  (Read 10405 times)

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Different Kinds of Salt
« on: September 21, 2013, 05:53:57 am »
Hey everyone. I'm curious about different kinds of salt. For example I've heard of potassium salts, magnesium salts, etc. Are any of these edible? Is there like a potassium salt that I can use in addition to my regular salt? Or a magnesium salt I can use too?

Any recommendations?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Different Kinds of Salt
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 09:27:45 am »
Try seaweed! Dulse and kelp are delicious, and pretty high in potassium.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 01:26:19 pm »
Potassium salt is what is sold as a salt substitute for people on a low-salt diet.

Magnesium salts are bitter. The two kinds that I can think of are Epsom salts (used as a laxative or as transdermal magnesium therapy) and nigari (used as a tofu coagulant and as transdermal magnesium therapy).

I wouldn't experiment with those two, but you might enjoy experimenting with the various salts that consist of regular NaCl salt from various sources (Celtic, Himalayan, etc.).
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Spirit Bear

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2013, 06:54:10 pm »
Does anyone have experience with pink salt? I've seen it recommended by some homeopaths and others. I've added sea salt to my diet lately and seem to have less thirst.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2013, 08:06:05 pm »
Does anyone have experience with pink salt? I've seen it recommended by some homeopaths and others. I've added sea salt to my diet lately and seem to have less thirst.

The Real Salt I use has a pinkish color, it's very good.

I wouldn't experiment with those two, but you might enjoy experimenting with the various salts that consist of regular NaCl salt from various sources (Celtic, Himalayan, etc.).

I'd be interested in trying the different types. Do you have any brand recommendations that are unheated?
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2013, 10:24:26 pm »
I have recommended this a million times, heres one more try....this is my favorite salt, (there are two varieties but im only posting one link) : http://www.edenfoods.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=105365

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 10:26:14 pm »
I usually buy sea salt that has "solar" or "evaporation" as the drying description, or I select a "dirty" looking color and an exotic-sounding source. In my area, Korean markets have a whole aisle dedicated to salt.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 02:06:35 am »
If dairy isnt allowed in general discussion then salt should definitly not be allowed. Salt is not human food, it is very dangerous. I will now post quotes by aajonus about salt.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 02:11:36 am »
SALT: See Appendixes M, page 143, I, page 139, and J, page 139.
Table salt is a catalyst in the development of all diseases in most
people. Mineral salts are plant-food, not food for humans. If they were
food for humans, we could live on dirt. The vegetable kingdom makes
wonderful use of mineral salts, in balanced ratios, to grow healthfully
and strong. After they make the salts into bio-actively available
substances, we can juice their leaves, stalks and roots to obtain
concentrations of those salts. In our bodies, mineral salts that are not
naturally present in food, imbalance our systems, causing many
diseases, including cellular dehydration, edema, and bone diseases and
malformations.

I worked with people who had long histories of headaches. Ninety
percent of these people ate a lot of salt. When they stopped consuming
all types of condiment salts (which are radical, that is, harmful),
including sea salt, they stopped having frequent headaches.
 Periodically their headaches returned. Whenever the headaches
returned, I had their blood and urine analyzed. Each analysis showed
sodium molecules clumping - just as if they had recently consumed
condiment salts. They assured me they hadn’t. Also, all of the analyses
showed high levels of dead cells, especially liver and brain cells. The
conclusion I drew was that radical salts had stored in the body and
killed the surrounding cells by dehydrating them. I realized that the salt
and dead cells in the blood and urine indicated that the body was
cleansing salt and dead cells. And that salts store throughout the body,
especially in the brain and sometimes liver and brain.

“She craves salt! What’s wrong with salt?” Ray asks alarmed.
 “It causes sodium molecules to clump in the blood. That reverses ion
magnetism and pulls the guts (so to speak) from cells. The affected
cells can no longer eat anything and they shrivel and die. Four little
bitty grains of salt - including sea salt - destroy approximately two
million red blood cells. It takes at least three hours to replace the blood
cells and about 24 hours to cleanse the dead cells. During those
processes important nutrients are leached from the blood and body. As
a result, salt speeds aging.
 “The craving for salt is symptomatic of a mineral deficiency. To
satisfy her craving for salt, I suggest that your wife eat any or all of
these foods: fresh raw tomatoes, no-salt-added raw cheeses, fresh
celery juice and raw fish. (Eating raw shell fish, like oysters and clams,
several times a month is particularly effective in quickly correcting a
mineral deficiency.) These foods will supply a concentrated balance of
minerals that the body can utilize easily and pleasurably.”

-----------

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2013, 04:00:37 am »
Dude, people have to experiment for themselves to see what their appropriate salt intake should be. Some people seem to need very little, and have noticeable problems if they eat any salt at all.  Others seem to need it, and have health problems disappear when they supplement with it.

I'm just speaking from my 12+ years of experience on many different raw foods forums. 

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 05:11:52 am »
There's salt in seawater, there's is seawater in shellfish and we can also drink some seawater when its taste makes one wanting to drink a bit of it. Seaweeds also contain quite a lot of salt.  ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 08:32:53 am »
I dont think that the salt in the oysters is saltwater. I can drink as much of the juices in there as I want without any problems. Once however i went in the ocean and took a gulp of water by accident. Not only did I throw up right then and there but I remained feeling quite sick for a few days right after that and didnt fully recover until maybe a month.

So due to my experience im going to need some proof that the juices of the oyster are exactly the same as the ocean water as I believe it is different have never seen any proof stating otherwise.

I am eprsonally not into eating seaweeds at all they dont digest well for me just as any other leafy vegetable doesnt digest well. Maybe it works well for others.

Do I believe salt can seem to help some peoples symptoms for certain things? Yes but only at the expense of wreaking havok and creating other symptoms. This is similar to the way in which insulin seems to help a diabetics immediate symptoms but over time the insulin wreaks havok all over the body even though that one symptom is under control. One step forward two steps back.

Infinitely better than salt for receiving those minerals in a bioactive form are things such as raw cheese and raw cold pressed juices, shellfish, tomatoes, blood/ a million other things that give you good healthy sodium that only nourishes and does no damage.

either way I hardly think that salt is more "paleo" than dairy

-----------

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 10:24:10 am »
DaBoss: I recently purchased a smoked salt assortment and alaea sea salt from saltworks.us and have barely got to try them. Personally, the smoked flavor is very heavy and I can only imagine using them once a week. It's good for variety but I see no nutritional benefit in those. However, the red alaea sea salt I think would have some benefits, having red clay mixed in. I think it has slightly more copper than other salts though the taste isn't much different. The after taste has a bit of a clay flavor to it. I wanted to try some black lava sea salt that had activated charcoal in it but it's currently out of my budget. Maybe next month.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 10:16:48 pm by goodsamaritan »
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 10:51:43 pm »
im going to need some proof that the juices of the oyster are exactly the same as the ocean water

from http://www.chow.com/food-news/54106/the-taste-of-an-oyster/

Oyster blood is seawater, more or less, so oysters take on the salinity of their environment, which can range from 12 to 36 parts per thousand (ppt).

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2013, 12:33:36 am »
the article does not state that "oyster blood is sea water"

it states "oyster blood is sea water more or less"

well sorry to break it to you but ALL blood is sea water "more or less". This does not mean it is actually sea water. This is why we can drink plenty of blood with no problem (except maybe the first time for some people) but just one gulp of seawater had me sick for weeks.

anyway, thanks fr confirming what I initially thought.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 11:43:25 pm »
Not really trying to get into whether or not anyone thinks salt is bad or good, this thread is for discussing different kinds of salt.

I've read on the WPF that the bones are mainly made of calcium and phosphorus salts. That's why I was asking about different kinds of salt.

Here's a book by Dr. Brownstein who uses "unprocessed salt, like Real Salt" to help patients - http://www.drbrownstein.com/Salt-Your-Way-to-Health-p/salt.htm

And here's a youtube video with Dr. Brownstein on the benefits of "unprocessed, high quality salt." - Salt Your Way to Health 7 15 10

I've seen magnesium chloride in Magnesium oil, and potassium salt. But I can't find anything on calcium chloride being used for anything except dissolving ice on roads.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 02:00:29 am »
 If you want to see what effect salt has on the inner tissue of animals i recommend sprinkling some on a slug or snail. This will show you what goes on inside your body.
-----------

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 02:03:47 am »
also I do regularly consume salt just so you know due to my inability to find unsalted raw cheese. WHen I get a particularly salty variety I notice that about a half hour to an hour after eating the cheese my leg pain will flare up. THis is without fail every time and I feel a throbbing in the blood vessels in that area this sued to be a constant problem for me before going raw and only returns these days after I eat salt or smoke tobacco.
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 02:49:01 am »
also I do regularly consume salt just so you know due to my inability to find unsalted raw cheese. WHen I get a particularly salty variety I notice that about a half hour to an hour after eating the cheese my leg pain will flare up. THis is without fail every time and I feel a throbbing in the blood vessels in that area this sued to be a constant problem for me before going raw and only returns these days after I eat salt or smoke tobacco.

So salt doesn't work for you. Thanks for your input. I do quite well with lots of salt so long as I balance it with my potassium intake. I typically consume 1/2 tsp daily and salt my food heavily. It works well for me.

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 03:42:28 am »
Your all about balancing your chemical ratios arent you? And all about using toxic chemical supplements instead of food as well many other questionable practices.

i think you should probably switch to this diet. All of the chemicals are completely balanced so there wont be any more need for you to obsess over these things and since chemically isolated products and hard crystals are acceptable to you this will also save you plenty of money as well. You are very welcome

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2293929/The-drink-means-youll-need-eat-meal-24-year-old-fed-cooking-shopping-creates-dinner-glass.html

it "contains everything the body needs in terms of vitamins, minerals and nutrients such as essential amino acids, carbohydrates and fat"
-----------

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2013, 04:03:45 am »
Thanks SVRN. I'll definitely look into that  ;)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2013, 07:59:18 am »
Let us know how your experiment goes if you do decide to try it.
-----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk