Author Topic: Holistic Medical Advice and Paleo  (Read 2612 times)

Offline Panohok

• Forager
    • View Profile
Holistic Medical Advice and Paleo
« on: September 21, 2013, 10:38:20 am »
Hey guys,

I am from New Zealand and I have been following a paleo-based diet now for a year as I suffer from the inflammatory bowel disease known as Crohns disease. I made the change to this diet when I was given an option to either take a medical drug alternative (azothioprine) and remain on the same pathway I was on that consisted of poor-average health. I changed my diet to a pale base and made holistic changes resulting in better bowel function and a huge change in the severity of my symptoms.

I am a medical student here in Dunedin, NZ and I am wondering if people would a source  that would give your symptoms of your illness and it gives you the possible outcomes of your disease. With this it will give a normally prescribed pharmaceutical option and a holistic option with the science backing both options and supported by medical staff and students?

I am enquiring to see if you guys know anything out there or any possible support for myself and other like minded individuals?

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: Holistic Medical Advice and Paleo
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 09:14:57 pm »
Welcome, Panohok!

I don't know about Crohns' disease, but most diseases go into remission or even completely heal with a strict raw paleo instinctive diet. It may take some time, though. Sometimes healing is almost immediate, sometimes the disease slowly regresses over the months and years.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk