Author Topic: Vice article featuring Me  (Read 209759 times)

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Vice article featuring Me
« Reply #250 on: December 18, 2015, 11:12:08 pm »
Its not fair to generalize entire regions, but generally speaking the quality of meat from the urban shops where I was looking wasn't great. In the Netherlands the grassland looked beautiful and there where tons of tasty looking wool sheep along the train ride, but when you go into the shops all that was available was lamb that was too young and lean for my taste and beef which wasn't to my liking either...so it is my opinion that the average European may not have access to the kind of animal foods which would be Ideal for a raw paleo diet.....Im sure if I had the time and money I could live there just fine buying whole animals from small family farms like I do at home.....though the nanny state laws and regulations seem to make that more difficult over there to do so.

I tried to get horse meat, but the one shop I found that sold it was closed on the days I was in town....A lady in line at one of the butcher shops I went to got very offended when I asked the butcher if they sold horse meat... it seemed that she couldn't believe that people could eat horses....I told her about how I live in a place where all the horse are sent over on slaughter ships to Europe and Asia to be sold, and that I just wanted the opportunity to try some, and from her reaction it seems she thought I was some kind of monster....though she had no qualms about ordering beef from the butcher,  horses were somehow sacred.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 01:51:22 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 19, 2015, 02:33:41 am »
They emailed back,

"Thank you so much for emailing me! We are off for two weeks, but will be back January 4th, can I give you a call then? I’d love to learn more about you and your raw diet. We are interested in possibly doing a segment on you, and I’m happy you’re interested in that as well. I look forward to speaking with you!"

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 19, 2015, 04:23:55 am »
I meant to also mention that most of the "improved" varieties of pasture plants commonly utilized in the United States, as well as a great deal of the volunteer grasses that spring up in fields and most of species utilized in lawn landscaping are almost exclusively European Native and their growing season for those cool season grasses is much longer. So theoretically their best meat should have higher concentrations of fat soluble vitamins and omega fatty acids. Under the same management conditions they should be fattier and more tender, at least in Holland.

I heard Normande beef is sold in France by the breed's name and it is almost exclusively a pasture breed and is very highly reputed. No Normande has ever succumb to mad cow disease.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2015, 07:48:54 am »
Good for you sabertooth...as long as you don't come out with a sextape and turn into Kim Kardashian I will continue to root for you!
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 20, 2015, 08:21:23 am »
Man, if we could get the Kardashians to try raw paleo, this would blow up big time.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2015, 08:30:07 am »
Man, if we could get the Kardashians to try raw paleo, this would blow up big time.

Hasn't worked yet, this business of celebrities adopting raw meat diets making us more popular. Some have but the media just portrays the relevant celebrities as being "eccentric" and implies the diets are not for us ordinary mortals.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2015, 10:25:52 am »
This just in....

Hi, Derek. I'm the Deputy Editor at Men's Health magazine, and I'm hoping to interview you for an upcoming issue.

I got to start working on my pecks and abs asap...who knows where this will end up...... when Kim Kardashian sees me in mens health magazine and makes me her personal nutritionist, there is no telling......
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 10:32:40 am by sabertooth »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 20, 2015, 10:48:32 am »
I meant to also mention that most of the "improved" varieties of pasture plants commonly utilized in the United States, as well as a great deal of the volunteer grasses that spring up in fields and most of species utilized in lawn landscaping are almost exclusively European Native and their growing season for those cool season grasses is much longer. So theoretically their best meat should have higher concentrations of fat soluble vitamins and omega fatty acids. Under the same management conditions they should be fattier and more tender, at least in Holland.

I heard Normande beef is sold in France by the breed's name and it is almost exclusively a pasture breed and is very highly reputed. No Normande has ever succumb to mad cow disease.

This is how it needs to be done
https://vimeo.com/80518559

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2015, 11:54:51 am »
This just in....

Hi, Derek. I'm the Deputy Editor at Men's Health magazine, and I'm hoping to interview you for an upcoming issue.

I got to start working on my pecks and abs asap...who knows where this will end up...... when Kim Kardashian sees me in mens health magazine and makes me her personal nutritionist, there is no telling......

Good deal. Do us proud.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #259 on: December 20, 2015, 03:04:07 pm »
This just in....

Hmm, that is quite a decent publication. Still, I got an interview in the Times newspaper, a mainstream UK newspaper, and I was absolutely ridiculed in the ensuing article.
Dear God, if, er "Kaitlyn Jenner" or whatever he/she/it is now called,  ever adopts a rawpalaeodiet, I will feel like converting to religion just in order to feel that my soul has been cleansed.....
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 20, 2015, 06:36:31 pm »
This just in....

Awesome! Men's Health magazine was sort of my gateway drug to Raw Paleo. Their nutrition section is what inspired me to dig further... They seem to be pretty fond (at least the French version is) of the Paleo lifestyle, such as with Crossfit, MovNat... so there's a chance they might take you seriously.

You definitely need to be at your best for the pic  ;), and if they ask you how you look so good just go : *shrugs* "It's the diet, I guess"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:49:26 pm by JeuneKoq »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 20, 2015, 08:59:46 pm »
Awesome! Men's Health magazine was sort of my gateway drug to Raw Paleo. Their nutrition section is what inspired me to dig further... They seem to be pretty fond (at least the French version is) of the Paleo lifestyle, such as with Crossfit, MovNat... so there's a chance they might take you seriously.

You definitely need to be at your best for the pic  ;), and if they ask you how you look so good just go : *shrugs* "It's the diet, I guess"

"Maybe he's beautiful...

Maybe it's PALEO!"

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 22, 2015, 07:30:58 am »
Finished speaking with the editor from "Mens Health Magazine" It was about an hour long phone interview conversation which went very well and the guy seemed open to Raw Paleo. The article will be written up, and should appear in one of their editions in the next few weeks......

In the mean time I am seriously considering working my Image a little. They will email me back in a couple of weeks and want me to send in some pictures to go with the article....So I need to figure out the best course of action to take? I should go a head and do a little more heavy lifting, a little cardio...perhaps start training MMA with my old coach and to get in peak physical condition. Being fit will be especially important if I get an appearance on "the doctors".

What kind of image would be best for the Raw Paleo Cause?

Should I get a photographer to do a series of glam shots?

Topless with Goat fur paints?

Well kept Heavy Beard with long hair?

Or a Metro look?

Any suggestions or practical advise on how quickly and ethically svelte up
or how best to dress for that paleo chic look, would be welcome.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 22, 2015, 10:13:03 am »
Keep us up to date, I'll probably want to order the magazine on their website, or just check the English speaking bookstores if they have it.

Some people like to criticize Crossfit, but I find it to be a good overall fitness and physique boosting method, especially for beginners like me who don't know what kind of program to follow.

As for your image, I'd only advice against weird stuff like goat pants :P and bloody teeth, unless you're going for the humorous self-deprecating act, which could actually work. If you can balance between the jokes (without falling into clownery) and the serious talk, you could pull it off nicely.

Otherwise, and especially if you don't feel up for joking around too much, maybe go for a classic "clean" look. IMO you can keep the beard and long hair if it looks taken care of.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:20:21 am by JeuneKoq »

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 22, 2015, 10:23:00 am »
Just be yourself, as far as the look. Authentic is the least work.

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 22, 2015, 10:29:33 am »
You seem like a confident guy...are you seriously worried about your looks or are you just joking around?  You did pole dance for women after all didn't you stud?
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 22, 2015, 11:40:32 am »
You seem like a confident guy...are you seriously worried about your looks or are you just joking around?  You did pole dance for women after all didn't you stud?

Its in part joking, and part serious curiosity about what image would correspond well with the article....and of course I am not writing the article so am a little unsure about what to send in... there are many ways to be authentic or confident...... I am just thinking inwardly about to go with a more rustic look or possibly classic nature boy or something in between.

There is a photographer that works with the pole studio and does great portraits of all the girls there, so I will most likely speak with him about this....

I will begin going to MMA class with my Old Coach, and after a month or two, I will be in primal condition....

The other questions will regard my conduct, if I were to get onto the doctors? Which subjects to bring to the forefront and which would be better left avoided when speaking with the doctors? Taking into consideration the audience and the network its running on?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2015, 12:28:19 pm »
I'm not going to give you advice on your image, but I think you're right to think about what will be most effective. After all, 80% of your communication is body language, and appearance is part of that language. You and your girlfriend can probably figure out what's best. You present yourself well, in a way that spells credibility, so you don't have to rely too much on appearance. As a matter of fact, your credibility is so high that you can  get away with a few conspicuous distractions like a beard or a plaid flannel shirt. Just avoid things like a green leprechaun suit or aviator goggles.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #268 on: December 22, 2015, 12:57:39 pm »
Professional photography is good.  Save money by having a photographer teach you the basics of lighting so you get decent shots yourself.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2015, 04:42:06 pm »
Aajonus got onto this "Doctors" program and it did not help any. They were too rigid in their insistence on anti-raw bias or something.
" Ron Paul.

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2015, 10:00:13 pm »
Yeah, no offense, but I also saw Aajonus' appearance on The Doctors, and the whole thing looked like a big joke. Some sort of surfer-boy doctor kept undermining everything he said. And they all made exaggerated disgusted faces when he started eating the raw meat (FFS, aren't they supposed to be "doctors" who have seen much worse in their career?!).
The Doctors sounds like the typical show that uses shocking content to attract its crowd (can't really give you a name of a similar type of show, because I don't watch those :P).

Saber, I know you're doing a lot to get the Raw Paleo message out there, but if you don't feel it, please don't do it. It might end up harming the RP movement instead, and yourself, if all they do is mock you, and silence you when you're about to answer their unfounded claim.

However, the fact that they already had a raw meat eater on the show could mean that they're willing to examine this lifestyle more seriously, and actually learn from it this time. I'm doubtful, as I repeat they survive on shocking content and on-show drama.

You have to feel it...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:28:56 pm by JeuneKoq »

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 22, 2015, 10:03:54 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abg8l2Zs7d8

Okay I might've remembered it a bit being a bit worse than it actually was  l)...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 10:12:06 pm by JeuneKoq »

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 23, 2015, 12:13:43 am »
Aajonus got onto this "Doctors" program and it did not help any. They were too rigid in their insistence on anti-raw bias or something.

I am aware how they are capable of editing out and manipulating large parts of the message, and large portions of the population are and will always be hypnotized lemmings, but a minority of those who understand this will be able to see between the lines...and it is for those people I must speak.

The AV episode was done pre paleo revolution....in the following years paleo has taken off and there are now many more people who would be receptive to the Raw aspect of the diet that wouldn't have been during that time... 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #273 on: December 23, 2015, 06:02:56 am »
The AV episode was done pre paleo revolution....in the following years paleo has taken off and there are now many more people who would be receptive to the Raw aspect of the diet that wouldn't have been during that time... 
Hmm, I get the distinct impression that we get far more followers via the raw vegan/fruitarian route. Still, it's worth trying since you have the guts to carry it out.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 23, 2015, 05:53:54 pm »
And they all made exaggerated disgusted faces when he started eating the raw meat (FFS, aren't they supposed to be "doctors" who have seen much worse in their career?!).

Those are not exaggerated. My mother is a doctor. I know how doctors think. They think the guy is likely to die from doing that. It's what they're taught and what all the medical books and journals they read tell them.

The whole thing with sushi and how it's ok based on how you prepare the meat isn't even part of their medical science, it's just that they see that millions upon millions of people eat sushi all the time and not die, so they have to admit something isn't quite how they think it is.

Aajonus destroyed them when he asked them what sort of experience they had studying people who eat raw meat, and they had no answer.

Also, for extra fun, look at the very beginning of the segment, when they're talking about extreme detox diets, and one of the doctors says "show me the toxins", and he has an IV drip right behind him. It's like, they're right next to you, you idiot! :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 06:00:12 pm by dariorpl »
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk