Author Topic: Vice article featuring Me  (Read 209733 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Vice article featuring Me
« Reply #275 on: December 24, 2015, 12:19:31 am »
I have an uncle who is a doctor working for the NHS(ie the UK government). He is incapable of holding a non-mainstream opinion about health. When confronted with solid evidence favouring something alternative like homeopathy or raw diets his brain just shuts down and he avoids the subject like the plague. Unsurprising, as a State doctor would be in serious danger of losing his job in the UK if he expressed non-mainstream views. Private doctors are not so affected and are allowed to develop some creative intelligence. In Austria, it is a bit weird, as, unlike elsewhere, one is only allowed to practise alternative medicine if one is certified as a mainstream doctor first.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 24, 2015, 12:38:02 am »
Well homeopathy only works insofar as it gets people off drugs that damage their health. Because there's nothing in those pills. Nothing except filler that is. The same filler that is present in pharmaceutical drugs. One problem though, is that even the filler is toxic and damaging to health. And there is no other benefit from homeopathy. So yes, it's a step in the right direction if you're getting someone off drugs and into homeopathy. However, it's not leading them into real truth, just away from the toxic drugs.
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 24, 2015, 02:51:09 am »
The doctors segment with AV is what led me to try paleo in the first place.  Any publicity is good publicity as the saying goes.  Let people judge for themselves
I'm actually a really nice guy, once you get to blow me.

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 24, 2015, 04:35:28 am »
Think of facing the doctors as one who would have to answer an invitation to some mythical knights of the round table, or some hostile tribal chieftains hut.

The primary difference is that the knights wear battle gear and the doctors wear smocks.....both groups can be brutal opponents in the court of public opinion and are covered with defensive smugness that cannot be directly called into question.

Diplomacy is an art form and requires some degree of skill and intelligence to be effective. The professors of the Avant-garde cannot just walk into the high and holy ivory towers and call the old guard out for being foolish and try to take the throne. We are facing structural hierarchies that lord over the realm of "human truths" These entities need to be dealt with in a delicate matter. One must present oneself as one who appreciates the "knowledge" of those who hold the "prevailing" view, then present any new information in a way that is positively associated with the old view.

Make the history come alive....ask how if evolution is true then we must of evolved from raw omnivores..... open a dialog of questioning on the level, as someone who would like it explained in detail why did raw foods become so harmful to humans, yet every other animal in the entire animal kingdom lives on raw foods? That should open up many questions which cannot be easily ignored.... Then go on to put forth anecdotal information that could be used by anyone with a brain to rethink the prevailing views.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2015, 04:46:33 am by sabertooth »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #279 on: December 24, 2015, 06:04:12 am »
Well homeopathy only works insofar as it gets people off drugs that damage their health. Because there's nothing in those pills. Nothing except filler that is. The same filler that is present in pharmaceutical drugs. One problem though, is that even the filler is toxic and damaging to health. And there is no other benefit from homeopathy. So yes, it's a step in the right direction if you're getting someone off drugs and into homeopathy. However, it's not leading them into real truth, just away from the toxic drugs.
That notion is just plain wrong. I and many others have experienced many benefits from homeopathy. Admittedly, in my own case, they were temporary, just relieving symptoms for a time, never solving entire health problems, but there was a definite effect, not just placebo.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 24, 2015, 08:24:06 am »
That notion is just plain wrong. I and many others have experienced many benefits from homeopathy. Admittedly, in my own case, they were temporary, just relieving symptoms for a time, never solving entire health problems, but there was a definite effect, not just placebo.

You're embarrasing yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiwaGnj8kPU
We now live in a world where medicine destroys health, law destroys justice, education destroys knowledge, government destroys order, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and banking destroys the economy

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 24, 2015, 08:59:29 am »
Seriously, what credibility does James Randi have?  The guy is a magician...  He is the type of harcore
close minded skeptic who would bash the paleo diet. 

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 24, 2015, 10:38:29 am »
Seriously, what credibility does James Randi have?  The guy is a magician...  He is the type of harcore
close minded skeptic who would bash the paleo diet. 

Randi is about as thoughtful and unbiased as Fred Phelps. You are undoubtedly right, he would bash this diet. And promote himself in doing so, no doubt.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #283 on: December 24, 2015, 11:21:18 am »
Yeah, Randi promotes himself as being supposedly unbiased and incorruptible but has been shown time and again to be throughly biased towards the mainstream notions.
" Ron Paul.

Offline dariorpl

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 24, 2015, 07:29:17 pm »
Who cares. Watch the presentation. Here he explains why homeopathy *must* be a farce, and anyone who believes in it clearly either has no idea what it's really about, or is very bad at math, or is a mystic and believes in it not because of anything scientific, but based on the supernatural. (which can never be proved to be true, by definition)

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 24, 2015, 08:19:06 pm »
Who cares. Watch the presentation. Here he explains why homeopathy *must* be a farce, and anyone who believes in it clearly either has no idea what it's really about, or is very bad at math, or is a mystic and believes in it not because of anything scientific, but based on the supernatural. (which can never be proved to be true, by definition)

I personally do not use homeopathy, but some people swear by it, so I let them. I'm not sure I see how it would work, but it doesn't seem to do a lot of harm, so I don't argue with it.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #286 on: December 24, 2015, 09:33:28 pm »
*sigh*. I have seen Randi's speeches on youtube, including one on homeopathy. His reasoning does not work  as he simply refuses to acknowledge, unlike many scientists, that current science does not hold all the answers. For one thing, a previous scientist suggested one way homeopathy could work is if water had a memory for past substances. Whatever the case, I have had clear-cut evidence that homeopathy works on myself, which was too frequent for the placebo effect to be a factor.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 25, 2015, 12:22:13 am »
Perhaps raw paleos benefits are merely placebo....it could be that everything we hold as truth is some form of delusion...the skeptic can deny anything they want for any reason imaginable....while the natural mystic can embrace everything as miraculous, for no reason at all.

I wonder if it would be possible to create raw animal extractions to be used at homeopathic doses...these homeo-paleo-pathic treatments could do wonders for those who may not be ready to go Bloody raw, but are still are receptive to its healing power.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 25, 2015, 12:28:43 am »
This just in

"Hello Derek, I saw the VICE article about you and found it so fascinating. I work for LEX18 in Lexington, and would love to do a story with you. Let me know your thoughts please and Merry Christmas."

"Let me talk it over with my boss. I think this is an awesome story, but sometimes people get queasy looking at raw meat. Once he gives me approval, maybe we can shoot for something mid January to February. Take care and have a great holiday."

This is a local news station, I am still not sure that the reporter will get approval, knowing how the TV networks hierarchically hegemonic system is..but if she gets the go ahead I would be up for it.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 12:33:50 am by sabertooth »

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 25, 2015, 02:14:20 am »
Cool stuff :)
I think Derek looks great...! I was fortunate to meet him in person a while back in Nice..... :) :) and he just oozes peace and kindness and happiness :) :) it was so very nice to spend time with him... and Little Elefant from this forum  too.... so sweet :) :)
I will never forget those moments.....

Have not had much time to write here as I have been working like crazy but it soon has a break. I would love if you could get in some of the suns power and stuff into the show somehow too..... might be difficult tho? I am starting to write on my book next month which is also a raw paleo book but incorporates the whole spectrum of healing which I think we should not miss..... as food is not the whole story.....
It is a love gift for my family..... and friends and people around me

Derek, I wish you wisdom for the show to make the best decisions how to be able to help this world as it is suffering pretty bad!

Much love to you.......... <3 <3 <3

(today... enjoying a silent and peaceful Christmas in front of the fireplace...and starting to heal all the damage from all the late night work and fake lights...lol)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 02:19:35 am by Inger »

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 25, 2015, 02:21:53 am »
We got awesome food at LittleElefants place-- and the seafood was so fresh and nice........meat and fat was awesome too
and I could not get enough from the sun and the beach..... I might have to move to Nice one day  ;)

Offline Brad462

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 25, 2015, 03:13:40 am »
I live in Kentucky too sabertooth...  What part are you from?  What is your social security number?

— Anthony Jeselnik

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 26, 2015, 01:02:08 am »
I would love if you could get in some of the suns power and stuff into the show somehow too....

Derek, I wish you wisdom for the show to make the best decisions how to be able to help this world as it is suffering pretty bad!

Much love to you.......... <3 <3 <3

Inger, Your words are always encouraging, and I'm happy that we share a full spectrum view of living healthy, which is made up of not only food, but also love, light, spirit and all things good under the sun and of this earth. I will continue to do all I can to be of help with the cause, and when your book is done I will be one of the first to share its message with the growing numbers of people who are becoming open to it.

I live in Kentucky too sabertooth...  What part are you from?  What is your social security number?

I live near Lexington,
If you are up for it I would be willing to host guest sometime in the new year?

My girlfriend and I are professors of the new age of awakening, and are active participants in the new economy. We host people from all over the world thorough Air B&B and the character and caliber of many of the people who have come through have helped to replenish my faith and trust in humanity.

It might have to wait until after all the media storm has settled and I have time to kick back on the homestead, but by this spring I am thinking about sending an open invitation to the Raw Paleos here on this forum to come visit.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 26, 2015, 01:47:08 am »
I'd like to come see you, Derek, but we've got a toddler and a baby on the way, and I'm about to start a new job. You should come see me instead, I've got some incredible deer fat right now, plus some tobiko roe.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 17, 2016, 10:47:28 am »
Hey Derek, I'm writing to see if you'd be interested in coming on a podcast that I run called Blue State.  We usually talk UK sports, but in the summers we try to interview all sorts of people from the Central KY area.  You've gotten a lot of notoriety for your VICE features, so we'd love to have you on to talk more about your diet and day-to-day life in KY.  We record on Skype, so there is no travel commitment.  Just let me know if you're interested, and thanks for your time!

Its ironic how a day after I make the personal affirmation to take a break from actively seeking "notoriety" I get this message.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #295 on: April 17, 2016, 12:59:12 pm »
Sounds good. I hope you will rethink. After all, if they are taking the trouble to find you rather than the other way round, that's great.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 19, 2016, 03:41:46 am »
And, for what it's worth, I hope you listen to a few other similar podcasts that these folks produce to make sure they aren't setting you up to be made a fool of on the air. It would really suck if friends/relatives tuned in only to hear a wackjob podcast jockey humiliating you.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #297 on: April 19, 2016, 04:06:20 am »
As regards promotion of RVAF diets, I would point out a few things:-

1) Any promotion, even ones showing how supposedly weird we are is going to have some effect on the public. Currently, almost all our membership comes from people suffering from some incurable illness etc., and experiencing benefits from a RVAF diet - such people are rarely mainstream types, imo. Aajonus appearing on "The Doctors" is a good example of weirdness succeeding in promotion. Currently, the only mainstreamish individual we have on our side is Dr Mercola.

2) I hate to say this but the RPF forum has been rather low in activity for, er, quite some time. This seems to be inevitable. Most online forums do not even last a year, let alone(amazingly!) this long. Plus, most long-term RVAFers do not want to spend their whole lives discussing diets and want to do other things  in their lives, eventually.The few who stay on mostly do so in the expectation that they may sometimes learn something new from someone else or because they had such ill-health that they want to help others avoid similiar mishaps in life. Also, the trouble is that most RVAF diet newbies now find that all they have to do to find out info on RPD diets or anything else  is to scroll through the RPF archives until they find everything they need to look for to solve their own problems. Well, that is what I did with the various RVAF diet yahoo groups anyway, way back when. What I am saying is that if anyone wishes to start various offshoots of RPD/RVAF diet online forums/groups elsewhere, it might benefit all of us, in some way. Of course, it would help to have a RPF guru appearing in place of Aajonus, writing a book etc. etc.. Anyone want to volunteer?  ;D
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 19, 2016, 10:19:44 am »
In a way this branching out is already occurring through the social media world, but for me its too demanding of my limited free time to participate and seek out other venues. I have found that as insignificant the activity in this forum may seem....that over the course of the years it has been a quite place of refuge to gather my thoughts and preserve and share some of my unique insights with people who are capable of relating.

The Pod cast is a legitimate show that focuses mainly on sports news, its hardly mainstream or scientific, and it wont have millions of listeners, but it may reach a few people who would otherwise never hear of the Raw Paleo Diet.  http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/blue-state-podcast/e/43740556?autoplay=true

The interview is set up for later this week, wish me luck.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2016, 07:03:28 am »
My first local pod cast.... for what it is I think it was positive.

http://bluestatepod.com/summer-feature-derek-nance/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk