Author Topic: Guy eats 5 pounds of raw meat in one sitting.  (Read 9835 times)

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Guy eats 5 pounds of raw meat in one sitting.
« on: November 05, 2013, 12:36:11 pm »
I was pretty impressed seeing someone down almost 5 pounds of raw meat in one sitting so I thought I would share. In another video he consumes 3 lbs meat and 24 raw eggs.
Gnawing on bones.

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
Gnawing on bones.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Guy eats 5 pounds of raw meat in one sitting.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 02:35:58 pm »
I remember a guy here named Cham Chum I think, he did a very high protein experiment.  I did that experiment as well and wound up with pain in my kidney.

Just be careful with too much protein.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 05:07:55 am »
Ya I don't know whats up with that guy but he didn't seem all the way there or something. I listened to him rant about "can't cure acne how can we cure cancer" and disagree entirely. Cancer is able to be healed. Acne can go away with a healthy diet. It's sad how people in the alternative food world are still so afraid of eating high fat diets.
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

If ya ain't hungry enough to eat raw liver, ya ain't hungry enough.

We are all just doing the best we can, with what we know, at any given time.

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 06:14:20 am »
I am always interested when people do these type of experiments for I would definitely take note of any and all reactions.

I agree he did not seem all the way there. He also has not posted anything in while so I am assuming some of them did not go well.

I personally can not tolerate more than 5-6 ounces of raw meat in one sitting and usually only once per day.

For me the most important thing is the raw fat and raw bones. Raw protein was either taken care of in my first year raw paleo or I have developed some intolerance to it. Not sure yet...

Eventually I hope to experiment with fasting from raw meat for several days and then consuming larger portions. This is in hopes to properly digest larger amounts of raw meat.
Gnawing on bones.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 06:46:13 am »
I usually eat my days worth of food in one sitting, takes me approx 1 hour. I'm kind of a slow eater but I make sure to get the right amount. 1 lb. of lean meat with 3-5 oz of fat is my plate. No way I could do 5 lbs. I might be able to get 3 lbs. if I was exercising all morning and didn't have any water.

I don't think 5-6 oz of meat is enough daily for protein requirements... that's only 35-45g of protein daily. Depending on your muscle mass the low end should be about .6 g / lb. lean body weight, so even if you're small at 120 lbs lean mass than you are still at about half your required intake.

Separating plant meals from animal meals helped my digestion of both. Idk what you're doing, but I'm just saying what worked for me. :)
-Dustin

Trying to heal ADHD. Common symptoms: fatigue, impulsiveness, poor attention, no motivation.
Other side issues I'd like to get over: Acne, dandruff, tooth health (yellow, poor gums, gingivitis)

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 11:31:30 am »
I use to be able to eat that much although something changed quite recently and I couldn't tolerate any raw meat for a while which is what got me into bone broths. I eat my bones raw now though and estimate I get up to 20 grams of protein on good days just from bones and cartilage. Combined with the 25-35 grams of protein I get from meat is about 55 grams. Its not much and I am very underweight 6 ft 140 lbs. I have always weighed that much though and the most I weighed was 155 when I ate the aajonus way. After cutting dairy I just haven't been able to comfortably get the extra protein grams in. I am thinking it is just going to take time to adjust to getting all my protein from meat instead of milk and eggs.

Do you eat your meat pre or post workout if any?

I also agree that I digest best separating plants and animals. Eating animal after plants never feels good so I stick to animals in morning and plants in the evening.

Gnawing on bones.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 03:01:56 pm »
I prefer post. Eating makes me a little sluggish and relaxed. I have harder drive when slightly hungry. But definitely well hydrated.
-Dustin

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 01:16:47 am »
How long have you been eating a pound of raw red meat for?
Gnawing on bones.

Offline Barefoot Instincto

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 02:34:40 am »
I usually eat my days worth of food in one sitting, takes me approx 1 hour. I'm kind of a slow eater but I make sure to get the right amount. 1 lb. of lean meat with 3-5 oz of fat is my plate. No way I could do 5 lbs. I might be able to get 3 lbs. if I was exercising all morning and didn't have any water.

I don't think 5-6 oz of meat is enough daily for protein requirements... that's only 35-45g of protein daily. Depending on your muscle mass the low end should be about .6 g / lb. lean body weight, so even if you're small at 120 lbs lean mass than you are still at about half your required intake.

Separating plant meals from animal meals helped my digestion of both. Idk what you're doing, but I'm just saying what worked for me. :)

A study I read about recently involved a continuous stream of amino acids into people while monitoring their protein synthesis. Studies showed that it ebbed upwards, then flowed down and stayed down after only a few hours, even though they were hooked up for over 6.

This suggests that the body has limited availability to turn on its synthesizers. For example, if you can synthesize 3 times a day in a cycle of single ebb and flows, and you only eat once per day, you are absolutely missing out on crucial windows that simply cannot be made up by increasing other meals.

Then again, I've also heard of reports of old school body builders only eating one big meal a day, and being jacked and healthy regardless. Don't know if that is true though. More investigation is certainly in order.

I myself don't worry about it, as I don't eat anything close to that way.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 02:47:08 am »
I've read accounts on zero carb forums of members touting the hormonal response as a byproduct of eating only one huge meal a day.  And I suspect that it's true, and would help stimulate, say testosterone.  But on the flip side, excess protein will also get turned into sugar and stimulate an insulin response that after time I would think would take it's toll.   Don't know if this is just a poor example of faulty logic, but lions don't live very long, and age rapidly ( they gorge with infrequent large meals and then sleep...)
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:02:48 am by TylerDurden »

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 06:31:08 am »
That could be due to a diet consisting mostly of meat.
Excessive tryptophan has shown to increase aging.
Gnawing on bones.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2013, 09:13:53 am »
again, as well as any excess protein that is not needed for maintenance and repair is turned into glucose which spikes blood sugars, triggers insulin, raises cortisol... and creates acidic byproducts.    And yes they are cats, and at least with house cats, they don't show a big preference to fats, as do my dogs. 

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2013, 09:24:05 am »
Hmm interesting. So if you have some back fat next to muscle meat do your pets always choose muscle meat?
Gnawing on bones.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2013, 12:50:19 pm »
the reverse,  more like if there's marrow in their bowl, they eat that first,  and if I mix fat with meat, they'll eat it with much more appeal. 

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2013, 11:08:04 pm »
Would it be fair to say they also choose bones and cartilage before muscle meat?
Gnawing on bones.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2013, 05:12:42 am »
hard to say.  I give them some part of a bone, like a rib, once a day.  They get two meals a day, and when they get the bone portion, at night,  they always eat the meat portion first, then the bone.  But I think they simply know it takes two seconds to eat the meat portion and then they can munch down and enjoy the chewing of the bone.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2013, 06:56:36 am »
How long have you been eating a pound of raw red meat for?

every day for the past 6 months.
-Dustin

Offline paper_clips43

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2013, 11:23:01 am »
For the first 9 months of rpd i was able to eat 1-2 lbs raw meat daily with flawless digestion. Then all of a sudden I could only tolerate 4-6 ounces a day. Not saying the same thing is going to happen to you although my theory is that my body replaced all my muscles and tissue with the raw protein and once the majority was done My body had much less use for lots of muscle meat. Then i started craving bones and cartilage probably because my diet was out of balance with favoring muscle meat.
Gnawing on bones.

Offline Dr. D

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2013, 08:03:25 am »
For the first 9 months of rpd i was able to eat 1-2 lbs raw meat daily with flawless digestion. Then all of a sudden I could only tolerate 4-6 ounces a day. Not saying the same thing is going to happen to you although my theory is that my body replaced all my muscles and tissue with the raw protein and once the majority was done My body had much less use for lots of muscle meat. Then i started craving bones and cartilage probably because my diet was out of balance with favoring muscle meat.

Yes I doubt highly I'll be able to (or even want to) maintain my diet exactly the same way for the rest of my life. Needs change and so will I. The more I do eat healthy raw foods, I notice my desire for muscle meat going down and desire for fat increasing. Except on days where I lift heavy where I do want more protein probably to replace some glycogen through GNG.
-Dustin

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk