Author Topic: Grass fed CSA  (Read 4204 times)

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
Grass fed CSA
« on: November 15, 2013, 04:06:05 am »
Hi y'all. I'm trying to sell a cow and have been working hard cutting brush to make the money for winter feed. Just wondering if anyone is interested in any grass fed products.

I am posting to see if anyone is interested in supporting my operation for their own dining pleasure. Fronting me the funds to grow the animals allows me to give a discount price on your farm purchase.

I am going today down state to pick up the rest of the herd of Icelandic sheep I started with this summer. I have 3 ramb lambs possibly available this year, I also will be butchering a 5 year old ram for my own winter meat supply. I am going to winter over 10 ewes and hope to have 15-20 lambs out of them for 8-10 more slaughter lambs next fall. I have butchered one lamb so far this year. His carcass was 43 pounds, after I trimmed off nearly 10 pounds of grass fed back fat!
I sell them for 300 dollars, plus butchering fee which usually runs about 50 dollars. However of course we can do it on the farm for free. It runs around 7.20 a pound. You have to figure out whether you want lots of roasts or grind them up for ground lamb.

I can also raise beef, pasture raised muscovy, turkey, pork or really whatever you want, if you front the money to grow it, I'll grow a very high quality, kelp fed, grass raised animal. As you know, Iodine is important for preventing nuclear radiation and the best source for us humans is from animal fat. My sheep eating Thorvin Kelp means they are getting 10000% more iodine then regular sheep.

I will post pictures as soon as I can the next few days! Working, working, working for the winter!

I give you my oath to always sell animals that have been raised healthy, with a high plane nutrition from natural grass and legume based pastures, to the best of my economic ability!

I will explain more about my methods in the future!

Talk to you soon.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Grass fed CSA
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2013, 05:22:57 am »
I assume this is for local people? Where are you located?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2013, 08:14:12 am »
I believe he's in northern Michigan.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 06:22:18 am »
It's for anybody. I could even ship it if you can figure out how to do it and pay the shipping.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk