Author Topic: My first days into the primal diet, already seeing results!  (Read 5649 times)

Offline Sapphire

• Forager
    • View Profile
My first days into the primal diet, already seeing results!
« on: November 27, 2013, 01:29:07 am »
I can't believe i'm doing this when a few years ago I would have shrieked at the idea of trying a piece of raw meat!

To tell you more about myself I'm a 30 yr old woman who've had her fair share of health problems due to a brain tumor as a kid which led to many metabolic disorders. One of them was an insatiable hunger, I was eating constantly until feeling sick and being 40 pounds overweight I tried everything, nothing worked, cravings and hunger were just too strong.

Until I found Aajonus' work and decided I had nothing to lose, heck if raw meat was going to kill me I was ok with that too (I was pretty depressed).
So I got a fresh piece of grass fed lamb, it took me a little while to build up the courage but I gave it a taste, I gotta say it first felt strange and wrong but I forced myself to finish it all and toward the end I was starting to enjoy the texture and the taste. That's when the weirdest thing happened, the next day I didn't feel hungry at all, that was a first! I skipped breakfast and had another piece of meat at 2 pm and I was good until 10 pm when I had a green juice and some more meat, it's been going on like this for a week now with 0 cravings, I'd also some raw egg yolk and green pastures cod oil/butter once a while just because I have to include a little more fat.
You don't know how amazing this feels, not to feel hungry for the first time in my life. I finally know what satiety is, and I feel like it's at a deeper level, like if my cells are finally nourished and content. Who knew raw meat could have such incredible properties!

I also got other benefits, like my hair stopped falling , more energy, my depression is lifting, I haven't weighed myself yet (broken scale) but I feel like I lost a couple of pounds too although I couldn't care less if I didn't lose anything, just being able to be free and focus on something else than food is amazing. I really wish I'd have done this sooner.

I'm waiting for my raw milk to arrive (It's a bit difficult to get some here) I know some can't stand dairy, so I can't wait to see how I'll react to it. I will keep you guys updated, Cheers!

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 01:47:59 am by Sapphire »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: My first days into the primal diet, already seeing results!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2013, 01:54:08 am »
Hi,  sounds great!   A few ideas for you..   If you've haven't been a milk drinker for a while,  start very slow, as in a few ounces and build up Gradually to allow the few remaining lactose digesting bacteria in your colon repopulate so that you can handle larger and larger amounts of lactose in the milk.  Also you may want to drink the milk alone, on an empty stomach, and don't mix other foods with it.  And finally you might try getting ahold of kefir grains or making your own raw yogurts.      We're all looking forward to hearing more of how you heal yourself.   Thanks for sharing.

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2013, 04:40:58 am »
Hi Saffhire, congrats ur new great beginning on primal diet. Raw milk is fine for me. But make it even  better i will chose either raw goat or my 1st choice would be lamb milk. Original jersey cow milk is rare. So I avoid to drink raw cow milk. If some one suffer from depression, even raw cow milk is a BIG NO NO to them bbecause of casein. If some one gets benefit from kefir, then try acidophilous which is even better and tastier than kefir. I collect kefir which is water kefir for tasty treat for the summer.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 05:14:10 am by TylerDurden »
bugs or country chickens

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2013, 05:16:21 am »
You might occasionally do elimination diets(ie minus one particular raw food at a time etc.) to see if you fare better on some raw foods than on others. Some here for example like eating lots of raw carbs while others absolutely have to do a zero-carb raw diet in order to feel at their best etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2013, 11:21:14 am »
I would extend the no dairy raw primal diet and wait and see how far it will take you until you plateau.  Only then would i try adding raw dairy.

I'm happy for you.  That feeling of genuine euphoria is what i can read from your post.  Welcome to the club!
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sapphire

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2013, 09:31:57 pm »
Thank you everyone for your support, I will definitely follow all your advices and not jump to milk right away but try to ferment it into kefir, I feel great just the way I eat now so why change that right?
For those who've heard of the blood type diet, I should be able to handle milk just fine being a blood type B, and it's true that I've never had digestive issues related to dairy consumption as far as I can remember.
I think I'll continue mono mealing before introducing dairy so I can really see how it affects me, plus Aajonus' smoothie recipe (milk+liver+honey) doesn't sound very appetizing to me so I'm gonna stick to plain/simple meals lol
I will keep you guys updated, cheers :)

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2013, 09:47:54 pm »
Great story Saphire.  Really amazing that you are feeling better so soon.  I know for myself, it was cutting out most all carbs, even the "safer" ones I was stubbornly hanging onto, such as root veggies, winter squash, and green peas.  As soon as those were out of the diet my endocrine system really started to heal, hormone levels went up, hair started growing back, mood and mental acuity improved.  Really amazing stuff.  I was 29 went I started and am almost 31 now, I feel healthier each day :)

I am a big fan of raw milk for healing purposes, especially because of its unique concentrations of different fatty acids.  I think its extremely beneficial for skin and hormonal health, among other things.  Defintiely give it a try, I started with organic but pasteurized yogurt and grassfed but pasteurized butter after 5 years of no dairy and found no issues.  Those forms are by no means ideal, but it was what I had access to.  I then moved on to raw g/f goats whey and raw whole cow milk yogurt and definitely noticed healing in my skin and teeth.  Getting a hold of raw g/f whole milk cheese is definitely what I do best with.

I commend you for realizing that weight loss is not the first step in healing, your body should really start to change over the next while if you keep diligent and will set its own level of healthy fat % according to its own needs. 

Anyway, keep us updated on your progress :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 09:56:33 pm by jessica »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2013, 12:49:15 am »
The blood type diet is a fraud, I'm afraid:-

http://www.skepdic.com/bloodtypediet.html
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2013, 01:20:14 am »
Blood type diet is a mere guide.
Nothing is set in stone.
Im blood type b, my 2nd boy is blood type b and extremely allergic to any chicken.
I cant seem to digest dairy well.
But my first boy on recovery from a very serious illness i put on a 3 week raw milk only diet to heal his gut and form solid stools.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2013, 08:40:31 am »
Sapphire, I would also recommend trying different kinds of raw wild fish, especially the more fatty fish.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2013, 08:42:19 am »
Great story Saphire.  Really amazing that you are feeling better so soon.  I know for myself, it was cutting out most all carbs, even the "safer" ones I was stubbornly hanging onto, such as root veggies, winter squash, and green peas.  As soon as those were out of the diet my endocrine system really started to heal, hormone levels went up, hair started growing back, mood and mental acuity improved.  Really amazing stuff.  I was 29 went I started and am almost 31 now, I feel healthier each day :)

It's really been wonderful to watch your posts over the years, and see the healing in action. Your struggle and current success have been inspiring.

Offline Sapphire

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2013, 09:49:53 pm »
Hi guys! A quick update on my primal diet, everything has been going fine, I got my milk and eggs and kept having them for breakfast without any problem. Every weekend i get to go to the fish market and eat oysters and fresh fish (especially raw sardines, with a little olive oil) I was just wondering if the salt in oysters was ok (i love drinking the water thats inside) I do not eat that many ( around 5) just enough to get my dose of iodine & zinc.
My eyebrows are starting to grow back again! (Thyroid disorder) I also switched my shampoo to eggs, just mix 2 eggs with a teaspoon of vinegar, pour on hair massage and leave it for 5min - rinse well with luke warm water (hot will cook the egg apparently!)
@jessica thank you, your experience is so inspiring I will definitely avoid tubers!
Again thanks everyone for your support, will keep you all updated!

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 12:14:49 pm »
The salt in oysters is actually pretty minimal.  I wouldn't worry about it.

Are you eating canned sardines, or fresh?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk