Author Topic: A valid argument against raw food  (Read 7894 times)

Offline vernon

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
A valid argument against raw food
« on: January 23, 2009, 08:57:09 am »

Proponent of raw food: Enzymes in raw food is crucial for health. Cooking destroys the enzymes.

Opponent of raw food: When you eat raw food, do you think the enzymes is able to pass through the stomach where theres alot of stomach acid?? It would have long been deactivated by our stomach acid!

After some logical thinking, it seems what the opponent said is true?! Anyone has any comments?

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: A valid argument against raw food
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 11:42:02 am »
How is that an argument against raw food? Also, if all proteins (enzymes are proteins) were deactivated by stomach acid, then bacteria (also proteins) would not be able to infect any animals with stomach acid.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 12:16:28 pm »
A return to the original optimal human diet of raw food cures people around the world on a regular basis.  Cooked food therapy can't do that.  Animal experiments with purely raw and purely cooked food come up with the same conclusions that raw is the natural food of all animals on planet earth.

Do this simple experiment.

Human given well done cooked fruit, well done cooked vegetables, well done cooked meats for 1 year. (all organic / wild)

vs

Human given raw fruits, raw vegetables, raw meat. (all organic / wild)

Get twins.  Think of other variables.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

JaX

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 07:18:53 pm »
There are enzymes inside specific organelles in animal cells, which helps digest the meat itself. These enzymes are also present in us humans and is why any dead animal rots away after some time, because the conditions turn acidic (lack of oxygen when an animal is dead and excess CO2).

By eating meat you are speeding up this "auto digesting" feature that all cells have because you provide them with the acidic environment, just right to activate certain enzymes. The acidic environment of the stomach activates the self-digesting enzymes of the meat, and allows them to break free of their organelles inside the cells. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 09:58:33 pm »
One point that should be made is that enzymes survive in the upper stomach for c. 1/2 an hour doing their work re digestion. It's only in the lower stomach where they start to break down.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 01:18:30 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 07:19:03 am »
    Hey Vernon, what Good Samaritan says is food for thought.  I don't know whether you started eating raw food yet or not, or if you know anyone there where you live who does.  Once you start, with all these buff questions you're asking, you may do fantastically!  ;) In the meantime, have you ever noticed any difference in how you feel after you eat a bowl of cooked rice or after you eat a nice raw green salad?

A return to the original optimal human diet of raw food cures people around the world on a regular basis.  Cooked food therapy can't do that.  Animal experiments with purely raw and purely cooked food come up with the same conclusions that raw is the natural food of all animals on planet earth.

Do this simple experiment.

Human given well done cooked fruit, well done cooked vegetables, well done cooked meats for 1 year. (all organic / wild)

vs

Human given raw fruits, raw vegetables, raw meat. (all organic / wild)

Get twins.  Think of other variables.

"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline lex_rooker

• Trailblazer
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 10:05:35 am »
Enzymes are only one aspect of raw food.  Cooking also changes the nature of the protein structure.  A clear example of this is how egg whites turn solid when heated.  Meat also loses it's elasticity and toughens unless heated for long duration where the bonds break and even more damage is done.

There has also been demonstrated a quality of raw foods that support life where cooked foods cause a failure to thrive and even death. No substance has ever been identified but something beyond vitamins, minerals, and enzymes seems to exist.  One example of this is the experiment that has been repeated many times where a calf is fed raw milk and thrives, but when fed pasteurized milk from the same source will die within weeks.  The temperature of pasteurization is only 140 deg F but even such a low heat has a significant effect on the ability of the food to support life.

Pottenger did similar experiments by feeding cats cooked foods over multiple generations and found a long term failure to thrive.  There were measurable changes in bone structure, significant increase in birth defects, huge increase in still born, and after several generations total infertility.

Lex
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 02:23:13 am by TylerDurden »

Offline vernon

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 07:40:24 am »
Thanks for everyone's reply.

Yah i started eating raw 1 month ago, thanks to introduction by Goodsamaritan.
In fact i like it. I started with raw fish, raw eggs. Its true, original meat (without heating)
really taste better.

At first, i was reluctant to eat raw fish because it seems bloody, but after trying out real fresh and
good quality raw fish,i like it very much. I dont even need to add condiments. Just some lemons and herbs
with raw fish it taste great.

I havent changed my diet to 100% raw yet. Just perhaps 20%. Slowly i will do that.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk