Author Topic: lose weight, gain...and lose again? is it possible?  (Read 2050 times)

Offline RenaAlecia

• Forager
    • View Profile
lose weight, gain...and lose again? is it possible?
« on: January 16, 2014, 10:01:37 am »
Hello everyone!
So excited to have found this forum... I love forums, and I love paleo and i dont know enough people in real life who follow the diet to have healthy discussions about it, so yay for all of you!

Wanted to ask you guys for your weightloss experience on paleo, or more specifically - fat lose.
When i started paleo 11 months ago, it was totally new and foreign to me, i lost 30lbs in about 3 months on paloe (not raw), with consistent exercise. Due to some life events and serious injuries, i was unable to work out and admittedly, gave up a bit. I've since gained back 15lbs pounds (most of it just recently over the holidays). So my question to you, has anyone here had success losing fat on paleo, only to gain it back and then have had that success repeated? I'd love to lost those pesky 15 lbs an a bit more to be at a healther body fat % but somehow feel like my first success with paleo cannot be duplicated. I feel as though I can't do the same to expect the same, even though logic says do what works.

So, any of you have any success TWICE on paleo?

thanks in advance for all of you!

Offline Spirit Bear

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: lose weight, gain...and lose again? is it possible?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 03:40:20 pm »
You will succeed if you persevere. I don't see any reason why paleo won't work for you again, it worked for you before because it was the right choice. It's up to you whether you want to commit to paleo again.

If you follow a diet of fresh, uncooked meats and vegetables for long enough you'll experience benefits that are far greater than losing weight, and your goals and mentality will shift accordingly.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: lose weight, gain...and lose again? is it possible?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 07:50:20 pm »
Yes, except that doesn't have to be necessarily fresh. Aged meat is more palatable.

Some obese people have lost up to 1 kg/day on instinctive raw paleo nutrition.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk