Author Topic: How do YOU choose what meat you eat raw?  (Read 7857 times)

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
How do YOU choose what meat you eat raw?
« on: January 18, 2014, 06:15:15 pm »
This is diverse and maybe even controversial so I'm just wondering what each of you look for personally when it comes to choosing raw meat?

Do you take precautions such as frozen, rinsing, marinaded, rotten, aged, salted, organic, no antibiotics, no hormones, grass fed, grain fed, open farm, closed farm, free range, ect - the list might go on forever - or do you simply not care, or do you believe that bacterias have no risk?

I guess to answer my own question, as you might know I was having an issue with eating organic grass fed beef and despite warnings to not eat grain fed beef, I did anyway, and the result was good. Besides, I love it.
I think you are missing out if you haven't tried it  :D. Grain fed meat is much tastier, meatier, livelier, fatter, richer, just better and it makes me feel amazing.  That organic grass fed meat tasted dull, listless, plain, too lean and sickly but the grain fed has an amazing healthy taste. I also make sure to buy meat from big farms, because they know what they are doing.

I'll tell you some facts I learned from farming below, if you're interested, and you can compare them with all those suspicious Internet facts and inaccurate studies that you can find everywhere online.

Here is an accurate link to an article describing what a healthy diet of a cow should be and how their digestion really works, it gets the thumbs up from me:

http://pubs.ext.vt.edu/400/400-010/400-010.html

I'm sure that we can agree through millions of sources that the bad E.coli known as E. coli O157:H7 is only spread through feces, however after doing a lot of research on its sudden creation or how some sources say "its sudden evolution", I am starting to think of it as a biological weapon and if the first e.coli bacteria strain wasn't manipulated by man and naturally derived from normal feces, it was still used as weaponry like in this case:

http://www.nr23.net/govt/spray_dorset.htm

Normally I am one of those people who do not care about bacteria, and I do not see huge risks to it, also I believe society has become too clean and hygienic and that is making more people sick, but I do think there is something weird going on with the e.coli strain so I've been researching a lot lately.
I do not trust sources that imply e.coli can cause death - that is unusual unless the persons in question have exceptionally low immune systems, but according to some sources, these few apparently did not. In the cases of the hamburger incident where two young people died and had abnormal symptoms such as seizures and strokes, I think there was something else going on. I don't think that was just e.coli and I am not the type of person to believe everything I read on the Internet. It sounds fishy to me. I like to analyze everything and I'm just saying, I sense BIG warning flags about it. There is something being withheld from the general population in regards to the truth about E.coli, more so these certain events. Perhaps it is as simple as them trying to stage outbreaks of illness by biological warfare of something much worse through other means to make sure people continue to live in blindness to the health benefits of eating raw foods, meats and vegetables alike, maybe it is more ominous than that.

Here is a link regarding the newest strain of E.coli they created and this news only makes me more suspicious about biological warfare. I swear I'm not a conspiracy theorist, biological warfare (in general) is something that is very real, and I have many military friends that can attest to that, they've only had clearance to tell me that HIV, bird flues and the H1n1 viruses are man made warfare so I don't know anything about E.coli or the truth in  this article but I wouldn't be surprised:

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/06/germanys-superbug-is-weaponized-with.html

Either way, according to every source on the internet and what every human being is brainwashed to know, it's a bad strain of the otherwise really good bacteria, E.coli that lives in animal and human intestines. That’s why the FDA warns us to be careful when eating raw vegetables and to wash any of our produce because even vegetables are planted in soil with manure. E.coli can also make people sick if it gets into water supplies... easy way to attack the population...
This means, if you buy into all of that, the bad strain of E.coli has literally nothing to do with what the cow eats and you can kiss your grass fed arguments goodbye, when it comes to the subject of E.coli. All those studies that "prove" that grass fed farms have less chance of e.coli in meat afterwards really do not prove a thing.

Unless, there is something more ominious at work and it's not just some diareah inducing bacteria that they are putting into our food supplies...

The leaner the meat is, it means the cow was probably skinny, which equals low health quality in livestock. That means the whole fad of "lean meat" might not be so great for us. You want to be eating meat of cows that look literally healthy: not too fat and not too skinny. Unfortunately, it's not like you can go up to the farm and look at the cows you are going to be eating.

No cattle are raised on 100% grains because that would cost the farmer a lot of money. Some beef farmers that send their cattle to feed lots usually just feed grains to cows for the last couple months of their lives, just to fatten them up more, because it gives the meat a nice rich taste, which I prefer…

On our dairy farm cows ate a well balanced diet of mainly grass in the form of hay and silage, corn, sometime alfalfa hay, salt blocks with a never-ending supply of water and there was only a small percentage of grain given. Calves lived on milk until they were weaned, then they would switch to hay and grains. This was the best meat I have ever tasted…

Dairy cows and beef cows raised in small pastures are often dirtier and sicker than cows that live in barns or feedlots. You often hear otherwise on the Internet, but these people stating these claims know nothing about farming. Barns and feedlots are regularly scraped and cleaned. Pastures cannot be regularly cleaned of feces. The cow feces will literally stay in the field. Also, fields become trampled down and get very muddy. On areas where their hooves are constantly trampling, grass will no longer grow.

Somebody in my other thread told me, "cows that are forced to breathe in manure dust all day get sick" but manure does not create dust - it is wet, and regularly scraped away. Barns are well ventilated, usually without an entire wall, half walls or such, proper ventilation in attics, ect, if they weren't they would literally explode due to methane gas build up. Real farmers, at least dairy farmers, are in the barns 24/7, day and night, and they don't get sick either from the smell of manure, it's stinkts but it's not going to hurt you unless you are trapped in a non-ventilated area.

Some sources try to say cows cannot digest grain, or it makes them sick. Those two statements are both inaccurate. Grains are plants. Cows can digest it perfectly fine because they are plant eaters. Again, most farms do not feed cows 100% grain anyway so it doesn't even matter.

Be weary of anything that is "free range". Unless they can roam a never-ending wilderness, they will be unhealthy animals because they won't be cared for properly.
Without shelter from rain, livestock will get sick. Only in dry climates can livestock live outside constantly. Damp and wet environments are unhealthy for them. It would be a bad thing where I live, because it's a rainforest here.

They will not be healthy if they are eating the same feces infested grass over and over again. They need fresh grass to eat. Farms should be supplying new grass to the cows. Grazing from the same small pasture for the rest of their lives will make them sick.
The only way a farmer can duplicate a natural feeding environment is proper agriculture techniques. The farmer you buy your meat from should be doing adequate grass testing to make sure the grass the livestock are eating is healthy.
Your farmer should be plowing the fields and crops. You can bet that most of the small farms owned by hippies that call themselves "organic farmers" probably don't do any of these things, so you really have to be careful about a lot more than reading the meat package for "grain fed" or "grass fed".
This is why, much of the time, beef that is finished off with grain and raised on large farms in the industry, will probably be a lot healthier than buying meat from smaller, inexperienced farmers.
There is a lot more to farming than meets the eye, folks.

Farmers should supplement their diets if they are lacking in certain nutrients, give them proper veterinary care, and add in any vital nutrients to the grass in the field if it is lacking in nutrients for the livestock.

For example, our fields had once been victim to a giant forest fire, this left the soil inadequate in lime, and therefore we had to add in lime but for the most part my dad was an excellent farmer so his crops were always in top shape.
The farmers who took over our farm after we sold it lost half of their herd because they refused to add in lime to their silage and this made the cows ill, but lime is a necessary thing that cows need to be healthy.

Be weary of what kind of grass the animals are eating. Are your farmers experienced or are they just letting the livestock roam free on uncared for grass? Cows need proper nutrition. Sure you can eat grass fed meat, but remember… not all grass that cows eat is exemplary. Silage is also beneficial to cows because it is fermented and good for the gut.

*** It would be wise to remember that sick cows are never butchered and made into meat… They are just killed and left to rot in the woods and given to scavengers.

The reason a lot of big farms fail and lose livestock or have contamination problems are because they are "open farms". Closed farms do not have this problem.
This is probably the biggest thing on my list you should watch out for. Never buy meat from an open farm, because then you never know what kind of contamination the animals have.
Basically, an open farm is the type of farm that will allow you to come to their farm and walk around and look at the livestock. They won't care if you let your dog off the leash to run around the farmstead. They will also buy cattle or animals from other farms or ranches - but all of this creates contamination.
A healthy farm will be a truly closed farm and the farmer will be the type of man who holds a shotgun and shoots at every single thing that comes near his cows to keep them free of contamination. They get salmonella and die if birds crap in their feed. Closed farms will not allow visitors. Nobody but farmers and employees are allowed in barns. The vet and any other visitors that go to other farms must wear new and clean boots before walking onto the farm to make sure the farm does not become contaminated by manure from other farms.
Stray dogs and wildlife that walk around the farmstead will usually be shot, that's just how it goes. A good farmer does not buy cows from other locations, he breeds them himself to prevent contamination.

The truth is you should really be suspicious of the raw meat and raw milk you buy from small-inexperienced farms.

I'm tired of people trying to say that all big industrial farms are bad news.

Most of the big farms that are so successful are successful because the farmers have had farming in their generations for years, they go to agriculture meetings, they stay on top of technology, they educate themselves, ect. Agriculture is a science. There is a lot to it. 
You don't want to go with a small farm because the bigger farms can afford to buy the proper farm equipment to get the job done properly, and smaller farms cannot and face it - people these days are lazy. Chances are, the small farms aren't farming properly. These are the reasons why I prefer to eat the grass fed meat that is fed grain in the last 3 months of their life and farmed by a big farm in alberta over the small tiny farm that sells organic grass fed meat around here. I don't trust small farms.
I actually get digestive issues from the grass fed meat, mainly constipation and gas, but I have no problems with the grain fed meat.
I guess to summarize, I don't trust meat all the time. But I still eat it, how I like it. I enjoy risk taking activities in my life :)

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: How do YOU choose what meat you eat raw?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2014, 06:20:11 pm »
Could you provide an abstract?   ;)
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2014, 06:34:51 pm »
Could you provide an abstract?   ;)

What's your answer?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 07:19:12 pm »
The first post is such utter, abject nonsense that I am pretty sure the poster is some sort of troll. First of all,  almost all RVAFers find the taste of raw, grainfed meats to be absolutely appalling. Indeed,  at the very first few months of the diet I  myself went in for raw, grainfed meats and I found it very difficult not to vomit afterwards. If I hadn't had access to raw wildcaught seafood and finally some raw, grassfed meats I would have been forced to give up on this diet.

We all go for raw, grassfed or raw wild meats, the issue of frozen etc. are irrelevant for most.

Then there is the appalling outright lie/absurd claim  that cows are not fed on 100% grain diets. I mean, no one could possibly be that stupid  so I call troll... For the record,  there are huge government grain-subsidies in the US and elsewhere that make it very profitable indeed for farmers to raise their animals on 100% grain diets. I have even had farmers in the UK proudly proclaim to me, often, that their cattle were fed on 100% organic, grains-filled diets, little realising that they were frightening me off.  Raising cattle on grains during the last feedlot months is also stupid since studies have shown that the resultant nutritional content is almost as bad as with cattle fed exclusively on grains throughout their lives.

Another point is that  meat from small-time farmers is WAY more likely to be healthier than the horseshit peddled by large agricombines. The large agricombines are solely focused on profit so are happy to feed their animals on unhealthy processed foods and are solely interested in quantity over quality. My  own experience is typical of most RVAFers in that the small-time farmers I dealt with  always had higher quality raw meats than the larger producers. Closed farms which allow people to inspect their animals  are the lifeblood of Primal Dieters etc. in the US who depend on such reliable sources rather than relying on food from large, far-away,  extremely dodgy  agricombines who routinely lie to their customers because they don't care.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 07:56:54 pm »
man its lucky y'all got here first cause my first response would have been to troll back. this backwards french? canadian farm boy if he is telling the truth is just spouting off ideas he grew up with on the farm or from his modern farm buddies. some old farm boys do greatly prefer grain fed- usually not raw though.  dont tell me no horseshit about barns being clean. animals raised in barns are way more likely to develop  lung problems. i came down with a case of barn lung myself once in humid weather.  some grass fed meat certainly  could suck. know your farmer. never buy meat from a place you can never visit. usually  even if they say one hundred percent grain i do not think it can be. they at least need moldy hay or straw or wood pulp or bark or shredded plastic or some kind of roughage or i dont think they  can digest tthe grains as they will pass through too quickly. however not one hundred percent on that.

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 08:04:17 pm »
Whoa that is uncalled for. Your post is the only nonsense I see, ironically speaking, first of all, you are completely rude and mean for no reason and you have the nerve to call me a troll? You base your response on irrevelent insults, making it personal towards me, calling me stupid, and you are being unfactual. I have never heard of anyone vomitting from the taste of grainfed meat, it's why they serve it in top restaurants regularily, it is known to have a nicer taste and is more expensive because it is a delicacy and millions of people here order these steaks blue rare and do not vomit all over the tables. I don't know where you are from, but that is not the case here.
No "we" don't all go for raw grassfed meats, in fact most people where I live don't even eat cooked grassfed meats, because they aren't widely available. This is a farming community, and 100% grass fed is quite rare. I have talked to many other raw paleo dieters who do not, and if you took a look at my first post in this forum, you would see I was genuinely concerned as to why people choose to eat grassfed, so why don't you just speak for yourself, holy fuck. 

Most farms do not feed cows on 100% grain diets. I am not from the states. I am canadian, I have made that obvious before, and maybe before you impuslively decided to insult me, you should have looked at my other posts beforehand. Besides, the meat I eat is obviously not 100% grain fed as I already stated.

Your statements have no proof to them. Small farms are not generally healthier than large farms.  Have you ever owned a farm? From your response, I highly doubt it.
Whatever. I don't give a fuck.

I was just trying to start a topic to see how everyone here does it and decided to include my personal thoughts. You never had to agree with me, but I don't appreciate you being a giant douche bag towards me.

I'd like to know are you always this rude to newcomers? What a terrible thing to say to someone. I think I've been actually doing my best to try and help people out with my advice, but i don't need to stay here and take this shit from you.

Fuck Im definitely out, not coming back to this forum. I hope you get kicked out someday for treating people like this.
Ya feel good about yourself now?

The first post is such utter, abject nonsense that I am pretty sure the poster is some sort of troll. First of all,  almost all RVAFers find the taste of raw, grainfed meats to be absolutely appalling. Indeed,  at the very first few months of the diet I  myself went in for raw, grainfed meats and I found it very difficult not to vomit afterwards. If I hadn't had access to raw wildcaught seafood and finally some raw, grassfed meats I would have been forced to give up on this diet.

We all go for raw, grassfed or raw wild meats, the issue of frozen etc. are irrelevant for most.

Then there is the appalling outright lie/absurd claim  that cows are not fed on 100% grain diets. I mean, no one could possibly be that stupid  so I call troll... For the record,  there are huge government grain-subsidies in the US and elsewhere that make it very profitable indeed for farmers to raise their animals on 100% grain diets. I have even had farmers in the UK proudly proclaim to me, often, that their cattle were fed on 100% organic, grains-filled diets, little realising that they were frightening me off.  Raising cattle on grains during the last feedlot months is also stupid since studies have shown that the resultant nutritional content is almost as bad as with cattle fed exclusively on grains throughout their lives.

Another point is that  meat from small-time farmers is WAY more likely to be healthier than the horseshit peddled by large agricombines. The large agricombines are solely focused on profit so are happy to feed their animals on unhealthy processed foods and are solely interested in quantity over quality. My  own experience is typical of most RVAFers in that the small-time farmers I dealt with  always had higher quality raw meats than the larger producers. Closed farms which allow people to inspect their animals  are the lifeblood of Primal Dieters etc. in the US who depend on such reliable sources rather than relying on food from large, far-away,  extremely dodgy  agricombines who routinely lie to their customers because they don't care.

Offline thunderseed

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 08:07:04 pm »
man its lucky y'all got here first cause my first response would have been to troll back. this backwards french? canadian farm boy if he is telling the truth is just spouting off ideas he grew up with on the farm or from his modern farm buddies. some old farm boys do greatly prefer grain fed- usually not raw though.  dont tell me no horseshit about barns being clean. animals raised in barns are way more likely to develop  lung problems. i came down with a case of barn lung myself once in humid weather.  some grass fed meat certainly  could suck. know your farmer. never buy meat from a place you can never visit. usually  even if they say one hundred percent grain i do not think it can be. they at least need moldy hay or straw or wood pulp or bark or shredded plastic or some kind of roughage or i dont think they  can digest tthe grains as they will pass through too quickly. however not one hundred percent on that.
and fuck you too. I never said barns are clean. I said they are cleaner than pastures. Learn to fucking read people. Also, I'm a female.
Whatever.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2014, 09:17:46 pm »
Well, it's just as well.  I mean, this  character   was spouting  contrary stuff that most us rawpalaeodieters had to gradually  "unlearn" before we finally got on to the path of better health. I do not doubt that a small minority of people have done OK on raw, grainfed meats as there have been a tiny few comments online about this over the years, but most of us  thrive far better on raw, grassfed or wild  meats, according to reports.

At any rate,  I stand by what I said. The quality of my raw animal foods always rose when I stuck to buying from small farms whereas larger farms always sacrificed on quality somewhere. There was also a wider variability. For example, the small farms took more trouble to provide saltmarsh-fed lamb or raw wild game,  instead of just providing  the  usual standard fare, plus they were always more likely to provide the more nutrient-dense organ-meats.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2014, 10:13:44 pm »
Wow, extremely basically on a few ideas because........wow. 

The function of a cows lifetime is not just to become food, they are there to feed back and manage the land so that it becomes fertile for the next generations.  If you have cows in feed lots they are not fulfilling this function, that part of their life is wasted and we end up with less and less suitable natural habitat and also cows that progressively move away form being a part of the natural system and become more dependent on this industrialized system including shitty feed and antibiotics/hormones.  You cant just throw grains at cows that are in a barn, scrap their shit and then spray it down with antibiotics and expect them to be as robust and vital as cows who are out on natural pasture, getting sunshine, eating a variety of foods, and interacting with natural and beneficial microbes.(heres and article about the antiparasitic and potentially anti cancer benefits of the microbes on SLOTH hair, we know so little about our interactions with this microscopic unseen world, its insane we try and manipulate it so much http://fungiforthepeople.org/2014/01/17/sloth-hair-as-a-novel-source-of-fungi-with-potent-anti-parasitic-anti-cancer-and-anti-bacterial-bioactivity/)  interaction with other beings is LIFE, if your animals cant deal with that you have sick animals.

We can see how detrimental it would be to sit a human in a cubical under florescent lights and feeding them meal replacements and pharmaceuticals at the first sign of illness and compare them to a human who works in a natural environment, eats a "paleo" diet and does physical labor in the sunshine and uses illness as a chance to rest and recover or strengthen their immune system.  Who is going to be more healthy and robust?  Whose children are going to be more healthy and robust?

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:10:34 am by jessica »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2014, 10:14:11 pm »
If you have a filthy "pasture" you are doing it wrong.  Commercial mud and shit lots are not pasture and yes they are filthy. The whole point of proper management is that you aren't grazing your animals in a muddy, trodden mono culture but that you are smart, have enough land and moving  your animals so that they are just doing a nice job of pruning the greens they are munching on or clearing certain brush and moving on so that what is most beneficial for both land and animal grows vigorously.  I really think you should read up on holistic animal management thunderseed, there are so many people doing it right.  You can actually reduce the amount of dirt dwelling parasite with proper grazing and rotating of animals through pasture.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:47:45 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2014, 10:24:18 pm »
My experience with corn finished beef was that it caused a ton of inflammation, especially in my joints after a few months, it definitely wasn't immediate but it did go away once I found exclusively grass-fed and finished.  There are many articles and anecdotes posted about how inflamed and disgusting grain finished cows are when they are up for butchering and from my own experience I could see how that would happen. 

To answer the question I make sure its local, grass fed and finished or wild.  The farms have animals out on natural, diverse pastures and, where the climate necessitates, I am sure they get some supplemental hay and, for pigs, maybe even some soaked grains in the winter, but its definitely not exclusive.    I wouldn't even think of supporting anything else, I work on those same kinds of farms and within that community.  I try my best to make sure what money I have goes only to those who are using their lives to encourage nature and the natural process above all else.(although now we can get into a lengthy and esoteric argument about how human "destruction" is also part of the natural process...but I digress.....................)

As far as processing, its really not that hard to clean an animal and not get guts and feces everywhere,  so I don't worry too much about that. 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 04:47:42 am by jessica »

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2014, 10:31:33 pm »
Cows are not the only raw animal food out there.
Let's not concentrate on just cows.

I choose raw animal food just like choosing raw fruit.

What is available, in season, tastes great and grown clean.

Yes, you have to taste and smell a lot.  Shop around a lot, travel a lot, go out a lot.  To gain enough experience.  To see how things are grown, slaughtered, handled, etc.

Factory farmed land animals and aquatic animals taste bad and can give allergic reactions... even when cooked.

My boy has allergic skin reactions to farmed mud fish (dalag) and shrimp, but wild mud fish and wild ocean shrimp is clean and he gets no reactions.

I may be lucky I shopped for food for years for my own family and extended family and house hold with maids and drivers as well.  At first my cook was with me, then I'd get her approval or disapproval, then later on, I shopped on my own.

There was 1 lucky year when I moved my office to a space beside the big wet market and I was able to go down and eat fresh raw paleo of anything I ever wanted every single day.

So it takes effort, time, resources, money and dedication.

----

Tyler,  let's give the new guy a break.  I think he's just excited to unlearn things.

----

My experience with corn finished beef was that it caused a ton of inflammation, especially in my joints after a few months, it definitely wasn't immediate but it did go away once I found exclusively grass-fed and finished.  There are many articles and anecdotes posted about how inflamed and disgusting grain finished cows are when they are up for butchering and from my own experience I could see how that would happen. 

This is interesting info.  In the past few months I've been having issues itch issues with my raw beef supply from the big wet market.  Maybe they started to grain finish their beef.  I will have to do experiments by getting from another supplier, more expensive, but sure to be grass fed all the way.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 10:39:57 pm by goodsamaritan »
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2014, 11:54:15 pm »
Well I concede I might have been a bit harsh. I was just so annoyed because her claims were so directly opposed to most RVAFers' views, which had been built up after many years of experience. Also, the claims, if taken as advice, would have likely harmed some RVAF diet beginners or at least discouraged them from trying the rawpalaeodiet in the first place.

Well, I will try to avoid troll-calling in future unless it's obvious.  Some forum-leaders do get harsher over time due to facing the same questions too often etc., and I don't want that to happen in my case.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 12:20:19 am »
From my big-city perspective, I rely on my suppliers' statements when I choose what meat to eat raw. I did a lot of local research in person and on the internet. I get leads from this forum when it comes to ordering online. I have visited farms that I find on eatwild.com if they are within about a 2-hour drive from my house.

Living in California, the main negative impact on food raising comes from big corporate agribusiness, who practice a form of animal husbandry (and field cultivation of plant crops) that allows them to raise more food in less space. When I do select a source for my raw meat, I look for the absence of those practices.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline ys

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 01:13:53 am »
Fuck Im definitely out, not coming back to this forum. I hope you get kicked out someday for treating people like this.
Ya feel good about yourself now?

Your entrance was just awful.  If you are looking for answers, just read the forum and you'll find all of them.  No need to do endless rant.  Giving advice that goes against the consensus of this forum when no one is asking is a very bad manner especially for a newcomer.  With attitude like this you'll be treated the same way everywhere.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 01:15:44 am »
WAI diet forum has an extensive list of sea food. 
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline RogueFarmer

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 12:33:37 pm »
fuck me? haha typical self righteous troll response. sorry if my language was crude, but i did not personally attack you except if you take exception to being called backwards. however you denigrated what i have dedicated my life to which is quite easy to take personally. grain fed meat or at least beef isn't even by any stretch of the imagination paleo. grain fed animals are less healthy, they suffer from acidosis and leg and feet problems. they are naturally designed to eat grass. the only way a barn can be cleaner than a non rotational pasture is through a deep bedding system
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 03:26:47 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline nicole

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 05:48:02 am »
It's wrong to eat meat from animals which were raised unnaturally and cramped. I only eat grassfed, and locally raised (so I can personally notice how the farms are).  It not only has to do with my personal health, but the wellbeing of the animal as well.
Give it to us raw, and wriggling. You keep nasty chips.

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 07:08:30 am »
It's wrong to eat meat from animals which were raised unnaturally and cramped. I only eat grassfed, and locally raised (so I can personally notice how the farms are).  It not only has to do with my personal health, but the wellbeing of the animal as well.

It's a synergistic effect. Eating grass fed means being healthier, the animals are happier, and the environment is better off. It's one of those instances where it's a win-win for all parties involved.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 11:37:43 am »
To thunderseed--if you're not a troll or shill, then you should study more before posting, because you're speaking out of ignorance. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk