Author Topic: Aajonus' views on meat  (Read 7557 times)

Offline TheWayCreatesTheWarrior

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
    • WhereHaveTheBuffaloGone
Aajonus' views on meat
« on: May 28, 2008, 01:40:13 pm »

i havent read the "primal books" in a few years but i think i remember Aajonus making no distinctions between conventional supermarket meat and organic grass-fed meat. i did , and still do disagree and find it kinda weird that he would hold factory farmed meat to the same quality standard as grass-fed free-range meat.
does anyone know if hes changed his opinion on this?
There can be no mercy in the heart, of the heart, of the Wolf.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Aajonus' views on meat
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 03:16:56 pm »
In my copies of both of his books he does not make that claim. He does however say that if you must eat supermarket food, you should only eat the meat and not the glands or organs, as more toxins are stored in those areas than in the muscle.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 05:30:37 pm »
i havent read the "primal books" in a few years but i think i remember Aajonus making no distinctions between conventional supermarket meat and organic grass-fed meat. i did , and still do disagree and find it kinda weird that he would hold factory farmed meat to the same quality standard as grass-fed free-range meat.
does anyone know if hes changed his opinion on this?

He has made this claim elsewhere, but not in his books. Aajonus is of the view, that superior nutrion of meats is less important than the issue of cooking - so, given the choice between the two, he would be against lightly-cooked grassfed meat but in favour of raw, grainfed meat. Also, he may just be being practical as some Primal Dieters might not have access to grassfed meats or feel they couldn't afford it. Anyway, my experience is that Aajonus is dead wrong to minimise the issue of high-quality nutrients in meats, plus, even though grassfed meats are more expensive, I've found that I do better, healthwise  with smaller amounts of high-quality grassfed meats, than lots of grainfed meats - as longas I don't overeat, then I can usually reduce my food-budget considerably.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 01:58:49 am »
But would you say you do better on cooked grass fed meats rather than raw grain fed? That's his claim, correct?

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 07:54:09 pm »

i believe im thinking of an interview that Dr. Stanley Bass did with him.

"Do you think any raw meat is ok, including supermarket quality? If not, where do you get high quality meat? What about the concentration of environmental pesticides in animal flesh and fats?

From laboratory analysis that I arranged with a technician on feces from raw meat eaters who ate supermarket quality red meat, tests showed that the same concentrations of toxins that were found in the fat of the meat passed out in the feces with the fat molecules relatively unchanged. These tests were done 9 years ago. I do not know if these same results could occur with present-day concentrations of chemicals and processed animal meals being fed to animals. I eat antibiotic-free and hormone-free red meat whenever I can, usually Coleman meat that I purchase at health food stores. When traveling to some locations I eat supermarket red meat. I have not had any ill reaction to supermarket red meat. I eat tremendous amounts of raw fat to bind with toxins and eliminate them from the body: that is one of the major functions of fats in our polluted society. I only eat poultry that is raised antibiotic free and free "

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 06:08:46 am »
These days it isn't too hard to find good quality meat so I think it's a secondary argument. If you're really stuck you can almost always find decent fish. And I can get grass fed beef cubes for like $4.50/lb so the cost isn't much of an issue either.

But I suppose if you really were caught in a situation of having to choose it would be healthier to choose raw commercial over cooked organic.

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 07:48:44 pm »
These days it isn't too hard to find good quality meat so I think it's a secondary argument. If you're really stuck you can almost always find decent fish. And I can get grass fed beef cubes for like $4.50/lb so the cost isn't much of an issue either.

But I suppose if you really were caught in a situation of having to choose it would be healthier to choose raw commercial over cooked organic.

Kyle, is the meat you get fresh, or prefrozen?

Offline Raw Kyle

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 12:57:09 am »
Now it's fresh but the suppliers I use were sending frozen poultry until just recently and frozen beef organs. Now I think everything is fresh for the season.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk