Author Topic: drinking RO water remineralized with Concentrace drops  (Read 11521 times)

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
drinking RO water remineralized with Concentrace drops
« on: February 02, 2014, 10:03:06 am »
Does anyone use Concentrace mineral drops? I've been using it to remineralize RO water as my main drinking water. I remember AV did not like it... or drinking water at all for that matter. I had wanted to get away from drinking the green juices, so had started drinking this about in October. I thought it would be good for us. It is supposed to be high in magnesium and is solar evaporated. My concern is it says no bacteria grows in it... could it sterilize the gut? Does anyone else use this? Your experience?
http://www.traceminerals.com/files/16-TMR_TMD-TMT_lit_5.pdf

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: drinking RO water remineralized with Concentrace drops
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 02:21:13 pm »
I personally use a distiller and add in a few minerals. I distill it, then put in a pinch of unrefined salt, 4 drops of blue ocean minerals, and a single drop of Lugol's 2% (2.5 mg iodine/drop) for each gallon.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 09:34:05 pm »
I really don't like the stuff personally, I remember using it many moons ago and it just made me thirsty and felt toxic.  I get by with mostly RO, some spring water and just eat seaweed or salt with meals. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 11:51:52 pm »
Feel free to experiment and report your success or failure with them.
Yes, I have tried that with Quantumin Minerals Plus... it is a reported detoxifier...

For my family I buy the brand Hidden Springs naturally occurring Mineral Water because it is the only local mineral water brand in our markets.

I'd rather drink coconut juice or calamansi juice or lemon juice.

Have a lemon or an orange with you and squeeze in a few drops in your RO water to remineralize it... I do this as well than just plain water or mineral water.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2014, 12:38:40 am »
I really don't like the stuff personally, I remember using it many moons ago and it just made me thirsty and felt toxic.  I get by with mostly RO, some spring water and just eat seaweed or salt with meals.
Thanks for sharing your experience with it. That is what I get scared of... especially with my current break. Did it cause it? ... probably not, as I fell pretty hard. ... but who knows. Water is so important an aspect of health.
Jessica are you afraid of seaweed with the ocean pollution? That is one concern I have. I used to love dulse.

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 12:46:49 am »
Feel free to experiment and report your success or failure with them.
Yes, I have tried that with Quantumin Minerals Plus... it is a reported detoxifier...

For my family I buy the brand Hidden Springs naturally occurring Mineral Water because it is the only local mineral water brand in our markets.

I'd rather drink coconut juice or calamansi juice or lemon juice.

Have a lemon or an orange with you and squeeze in a few drops in your RO water to remineralize it... I do this as well than just plain water or mineral water.
Thanks. I wish I could find a spring water I like in glass bottles. While I do like lemon in mineral water, I have to watch orange. Fruit in general tends to be too sweet for me.

I am curious how much credence people pay to blood type diet and functional medicine with food intolerance tests? Coconut is one of my avoid foods, yet my "O" mother was Filipino where they are from. Not sure.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 01:01:07 am »
Orange drops in your water... merely diluted stuff.  Minimum amount it takes so you feel the water becomes more absorbable.  My guideline for myself is usually 1 part orange juice to 8 parts water.  See what works for you.  Variety is nice, try many citrus fruits.

I sometimes use apple cider vinegar.  Whatever is available.

My professional hands on healer friend Vander Gaditano says:

the Blood Type Diet is merely a guide.
Hands on reactions is what you observe.
Adjust accordingly.
Nothing is set in stone.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 01:28:29 am »
I am curious how much credence people pay to blood type diet and functional medicine with food intolerance tests? Coconut is one of my avoid foods, yet my "O" mother was Filipino where they are from. Not sure.

The Blood Type Diet tells me that I should be chowing down on lentils and rice and avoid meat, yet following that type of diet led me to Type 2 diabetes, arthritis, obesity, bloating, and chronic exhaustion. My health has turned around dramatically since I started eating a raw Paleo diet.

There is no evidence that shows that our Paleolithic ancestors knew their blood type. (LOL). They relied on taste and smell to determine what to eat from the available unprocessed edibles that they encountered. You may want to blend some modern medical or nutritional miracles with your RPD approach, but I don't think it's possible to follow every lead because there is no consensus about what's right.

I recommend watching CJ Hunt's documentary, The Perfect Human Diet, to get a good perspective on Paleo nutrition. Although this movie is neither a raw or cooked Paleo approach, it will give you a good example of what to aim for. (The film can be streamed for no additional charge if you are an Amazon prime subscriber, but I like it so much that I paid for my own downloaded copy.)

Also, while you are convalescing, try doing searches on interesting (to you) topics on this Forum for a variety of approaches to RPD.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 02:13:33 am »
There is no evidence that shows that our Paleolithic ancestors knew their blood type. (LOL). They relied on taste and smell to determine what to eat from the available unprocessed edibles that they encountered. You may want to blend some modern medical or nutritional miracles with your RPD approach, but I don't think it's possible to follow every lead because there is no consensus about what's right.

Well said!  ;) ;D

BTW, what does "RO" stand for?
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 04:21:34 am »

BTW, what does "RO" stand for?

Reverse-osmosis.

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 01:08:54 pm »
The Blood Type Diet tells me that I should be chowing down on lentils and rice and avoid meat, yet following that type of diet led me to Type 2 diabetes, arthritis, obesity, bloating, and chronic exhaustion. My health has turned around dramatically since I started eating a raw Paleo diet.

I recommend watching CJ Hunt's documentary, The Perfect Human Diet, to get a good perspective on Paleo nutrition. Although this movie is neither a raw or cooked Paleo approach, it will give you a good example of what to aim for. (The film can be streamed for no additional charge if you are an Amazon prime subscriber, but I like it so much that I paid for my own downloaded copy.)

Also, while you are convalescing, try doing searches on interesting (to you) topics on this Forum for a variety of approaches to RPD.
Noted. I do respect your experience and that of others. I have in the past gotten myself into trouble based on theory... usually not for too long, as my own experience will prove me wrong.

Thanks. Sounds like a film worth watching. I will check it out.

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 01:15:23 pm »
the Blood Type Diet is merely a guide.
Hands on reactions is what you observe.
Adjust accordingly.
Nothing is set in stone.
Thanks.

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2014, 01:32:31 am »
Has anyone tried to make water kefir? Here is a link that says Concentrace added gives a high mineral content that the bacteria like.
http://nourishedkitchen.com/water-kefir/
But I don't like the idea of adding sugar to get it going.
What I'm wondering is how to reintroduce good bacteria to drinking water to make it a living water?
I remember drinking spring water before from Hinkley and Schmitt and complained to the company as an algae started to grow. They told me that spring water is a natural product, and as such there were microbes that could proliferate in my warm kitchen. I switched to distilled. Rethinking.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2014, 02:05:11 am »
Has anyone tried to make water kefir?... http://nourishedkitchen.com/water-kefir/ But I don't like the idea of adding sugar to get it going.

I have made water kefir, dairy kefir, kombucha, you-name-it in a past life. It's a lot of bother, and I wouldn't go through all that trouble, nor would I buy sugar or other processed foods. Water kefir is not a main source of water, IMO, so if you want it, drink some... or pass.

I live in an urban area, so I don't drink my tap water. There are reported pros and cons to all systems, but at the very least make sure you are removing treatments like chlorine and fluoride. I think a good RPD baseline with lots of unprocessed foods and "whole animals" is more important than getting the perfect water treatment.

I'm not sure that adding "good bacteria" to drinking water is the way to go because there is nothing in water that should support bacterial growth. That's what the sugar does - "feed" the water kefir grains. You want good bacteria to establish themselves throughout your body. Chowing down or gulping down different probiotic preparations - you choose - is okay, but I would consider water in a different category.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 03:19:43 am »
I live in an urban area, so I don't drink my tap water. There are reported pros and cons to all systems, but at the very least make sure you are removing treatments like chlorine and fluoride. I think a good RPD baseline with lots of unprocessed foods and "whole animals" is more important than getting the perfect water treatment.

I'm not sure that adding "good bacteria" to drinking water is the way to go because there is nothing in water that should support bacterial growth. That's what the sugar does - "feed" the water kefir grains. You want good bacteria to establish themselves throughout your body. Chowing down or gulping down different probiotic preparations - you choose - is okay, but I would consider water in a different category.
Thanks. I think I will go back to RO and the ConcenTrace. It's as close as I can get to a good source of water. I called the company today and the drops are created by solar evaporation only from the Salt sea beds in Utah. They are ancient sea beds so relatively unpolluted. The sodium naturally settles to the bottom so they are able to separate it mechanically. It still has sodium, just not at the levels of seawater. It also is an inexpensive source of ionic magnesium.

I guess I was just scared that by drinking it I caused my wrist to be prone to breaking. I think it is okay though. The best water solution for me at this time. Relatively natural and inexpensive. For the probiotics I will do the raw meat, high meat, and fermented veggies for now.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 04:16:00 am »
Has anyone tried to make water kefir? Here is a link that says Concentrace added gives a high mineral content that the bacteria like.
http://nourishedkitchen.com/water-kefir/
But I don't like the idea of adding sugar to get it going.

I've had plenty of water kefir.  You can add raw honey instead of sugar, to get it started.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk