Author Topic: Celeste's journal  (Read 29187 times)

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Re: Celeste's journal
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2015, 06:57:53 am »
Will try this for  now. Another thing I had been using was a pinch of terramin clay in my water. AV used to use this a lot and I also remember in Price's
 book the use of clay in water.

Also try to make a cooked bone broth, as well as a raw bone broth.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2015, 07:58:45 am »
Congrats on getting married. Is this your first time?

Offline lb_on_the_cb

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2015, 08:26:50 am »
I came back here to look up in one of the journals  the formula for adding minerals to water. Still trying get to get that right.
Did you find this?

i have used various minerals from Azomite (too much fluoride apparently)  to magnesium citrate powder, borax, Trace Minerals liquid formula.
would be interested in your recipe.

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2015, 10:07:59 pm »
Congrats on getting married. Is this your first time?
Thanks. 2nd time. But we've been  together  12 plus years.

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2015, 10:12:30 pm »
Did you find this?

i have used various minerals from Azomite (too much fluoride apparently)  to magnesium citrate powder, borax, Trace Minerals liquid formula.
would be interested in your recipe.
Found that someone  else posted it on a thread I started  on the question. He said a pinch of salt and 4 drops of blue ocean minerals and a drop of Lugols solution  per gallon of water.  I still need to buy the Lugols. The blue ocean drops are labeled as raw and glass bottled.

Offline lb_on_the_cb

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2015, 12:02:32 am »
Found that someone  else posted it on a thread I started  on the question. He said a pinch of salt and 4 drops of blue ocean minerals and a drop of Lugols solution  per gallon of water.  I still need to buy the Lugols. The blue ocean drops are labeled as raw and glass bottled.

thanks Celeste

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 23, 2016, 09:29:59 am »
I had not been here in awhile. What I had posted above with the experimenting with the blue mineral drops, my conclusion is that it did not work well for me. I tried this three times with the same result. After awhile stomach pain almost like an ulcer. And then vomiting for awhile. It was weird. Like my body became overly alkalized. I could not drink green juices if doing the supplement. Both alkalizing. That was awhile ago now.

These days feeling a lot healthier than before. Still eating raw meat twice a day. I had gone back to eating AV primal for awhile. Thinking though that I might want to let go of the milk for awhile. I've had a clicking tightness in my right jaw for little awhile that I think might be linked to it. We'll see about the butter. 

I feed our dog the BARF diet by the vet Dr. Billinghurst. I pulverrize vegetable and a tiny amount of fruit to add to his raw ground in the evenings. I think it replicates the amount of vegetation that might be in the gut of an eaten animal. I tried this for myself a while ago and it did not digest well... maybe too much vegetable/fruit added.

I want to go 100% dairy free if I can, but not sure how to get the calories met. Maybe will try coconut oil, eat yolks. I am currently eating raw bison (including some heart, liver and kidney & marrow. I may try to vary the green juice I've been doing. I had been adding raw sour cream, today switched to raw eggs added. I drank it about 9:00 and it is now 6:23 and I'm finally getting hungry. Drinking juice alone, I think had too much free carb (plant sugar), but I think we need some green plant foods. I watch my dog and he eats grass here and there. Not much, but he does do this. Will checking what others are doing in their journals. Oh, also have given up using salt on a regular basis. Something about it was dampening to libido.

Offline Celeste

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2016, 03:05:42 am »
Interesting reading my last post. That clicking in my jaw continued. I'm wondering if the problem with my jaw came from extreme carbohydrate sensitivity, or plant sensitivity. It began last year Spring. I was using cocnut cream, fermented veggies raw meat and grassfed cultured butter. I started to get bleeding in my gums. Later in the year, December?, I was drinking raw milk and eating raw meat and butter. Through until this year, where I was drinking green juices, alternated with raw meat and butter.

When I went away to vacation, camping with my husband and his family in Maine, I decided to not bring my juicer.  I decided to try being ZC for the trip, which consisted of amish beef, I had shipped to RI, plus the GF raw butter. I also decided to use puerh tea after meals with GF butter, and spring water between meals. When I came home I decided to switch from the raw butter to using GF tallow, to get off butter, which I think may cause inflammation in me.

Since then, I have been trying to do just meat and water. I've given up the tea, coffee which was just occassional BP coffee with butter. I tried GF organic beef from belcampo. Their's comes from the Shasta area. I could only afford the ground and marrow bones when they have them. I could not get enough fat in my diet by GF meat alone, without adding GF butter or tallow. So in the last two weeks I've been trying Costco ribeye raw mostly, with a little Celtic salt and water. Since going in this direction of being ZC, I have no pain in my jaw and it actually clicks a lot less. I've been learning a lot from zerocarbzen.com. and some of the facebook groups linked with the old ZC forum. But I do still prefer my meat raw so need the insight of you all here.

Oh, one thing I forgot. My jaw got its worst when I started to include unheated honey in my diet. This idea to try this, was a bit left over from when I did AV's diet. I thought prior I didn't do well on honey, but thought I'd give it a shot again. Afterall, bears eat honey in the wild right? At first I thought my body liked it, and people said I looked really good. But my dental problems started to intensify. Carbohydrates are the one thread I can identify, whether plant or animal, from when I started to have dental issues. Just trying ZC for now. Two things have influenced this decision. 1) years ago reading Lex's posts in the raw paleo forum of when he went to his dentist to find since being ZC raw his jaw bone was recalcifying, 2) reading the results of the Bellevue 1 year experiment with Steffanson. In the beginning he had gingivitis, at the end he no longer had signs of gingivitis.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 03:21:42 am by Celeste »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk