Author Topic: Landmark anti-GM case  (Read 5305 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Landmark anti-GM case
« on: February 11, 2014, 06:05:26 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10628864/Organic-farmer-sues-GM-farmer-for-contaminating-crop-in-landmark-case.html

I recall a previous article I read once where Monsanto actually had the arrogance of suing a farmer because their GM-corn had migrated onto  his field. Now, thankfully, these GM farmers are getting their come-uppance!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Landmark anti-GM case
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 07:29:27 pm »
"Organic" as good as means nothing. Would be nice if food had "raw paleo grade" on it... cannot attach idiotic regulations and rules on that label, it either is or not.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2014, 10:53:41 pm »
The UK's Soil Association movement, which is the environmental food agency within the UK has also criticised the organic "term". What it is trying to do is to make 5 separate, different organic labels, ranging from 1 to 5, with 1 consisting of  unspoilt/unprocessed wild foods like wild game or wild plants and  with the 5 category  being reserved for the low quality, mass-produced "organic" rubbish that comes from intensively-farmed agricombines.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2014, 11:58:52 pm »
And then no doubt 1s and 2s get the highest prices. Doesn't matter the fact that those products, compared to all the rest, require the least work done on them.

It's really fucked up... seeing how that which is the healthiest requires the least amount of work and also is priced the highest, and that which requires lots of work and processing is the cheapest.
Isn't something that gets more and more processed and has more and more work done on it, supposed to be the most expensive? And yet that's not so when it comes to foods sold in most all shops. People would be forced to buy crap against their own will even if they knew how messed up everything is, or a world revolution would come to be. It's like people are intentionally kept away from eating healthy and thus being healthy, and knowing how matters really are.

The worse the health the more people will propagate. Makes sense, the species has to adapt, and the only way to successfully do it to accord new conditions is through evolution. The faster and more they get children the faster the species adapts to new conditions.
And what is most of humanity ever more subjected to? To conditions that can only exist by having them created by manipulating our world, conditions that naturally do not and cannot exist. If this process were to be completed, and then some of those people were put into natural conditions, without having any way of getting or them producing that processed crap, they would all die. Even now there are people who have trouble eating natural untainted foods without some issues, and neither can they function right on processed crap.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 02:15:34 am »
The UK's Soil Association movement, which is the environmental food agency within the UK has also criticised the organic "term". What it is trying to do is to make 5 separate, different organic labels, ranging from 1 to 5, with 1 consisting of  unspoilt/unprocessed wild foods like wild game or wild plants and  with the 5 category  being reserved for the low quality, mass-produced "organic" rubbish that comes from intensively-farmed agricombines.
Thanks for the heads up Tyler,
It's hard to know how to comment on that one.

On the one hand it makes it easier to comb through the Gov't bureaucratic mumbo jumbo, but you know that really they are just creating another department. The department of silly-walks.

If an animal (deer for instance) lives next to a GM corn field, guess what it lives on. Bingo, an other government department. In order to classify this, you'd need another department, so that PPL who harvest deer would have to submit samples of the meat to them to determine if the deer ate "approved" paleo foods.  ;D
And then no doubt 1s and 2s get the highest prices. Doesn't matter the fact that those products, compared to all the rest, require the least work done on them.

It's really fucked up... seeing how that which is the healthiest requires the least amount of work and also is priced the highest, and that which requires lots of work and processing is the cheapest.
Isn't something that gets more and more processed and has more and more work done on it, supposed to be the most expensive? And yet that's not so when it comes to foods sold in most all shops. People would be forced to buy crap against their own will even if they knew how messed up everything is, or a world revolution would come to be. It's like people are intentionally kept away from eating healthy and thus being healthy, and knowing how matters really are.
Prices are based on yield/farmer's cost of living. In other words if a farmer uses some sort of chemical yield enhancer, he gets more yield and so to earn an appropriate amount of money to live on a farmer who doesn't use the enhancing chemicals needs to make more per item. So each individual item costs more. The person must also be rewarded for this extra effort to be encouraged to continue, otherwise, he would just go the easy route.

It takes a lot of thought and effort to grow a food without some form of chemistry involved. That is why the chemistry sets were invented in the first place.

This is the theory, but like all theories it goes out the window if you are dealing with a cheat. This is why you are best off to grow your own or get to know your farmer.

We cannot blame the farmer. We can only blame ourselves. Until we grow the balls to go out and farm for ourself, we are partly to blame.

Next time you go into a grocery store, notice that you will be inclined to buy the least blemished item. This doesn't escape the grocer's eye. So they only display what will sell and only chemistry is capable of producing visual perfection.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 03:25:49 am by raw-al »
Cheers
Al

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 03:25:05 am »
Prices are based on yield/farmer's cost of living. In other words if a farmer uses some sort of chemical yield enhancer, he gets more yield and so to earn an appropriate amount of money to live on a farmer who doesn't use the enhancing chemicals needs to make more per item. So each individual item costs more. The person must also be rewarded for this extra effort to be encouraged to continue, otherwise, he would just go the easy route.
This is an example of how messed up modern society is. No farmer should be forced, by dictates of capitalism and the greed of "rulers", to use anything more than what is naturally available, to be able to live well. Everyone should have natural foods available to them to the extent they are needed, not chemical grown crap.
That they are forced to ask higher prices has nothing to do with them or their field of occupation. Other than not acting out and not forcing morons with their idiotic ideas out of rulership, because they are threatened by previously made up laws and fines and arrests and such.

My point is that there are "food" items, heavily processed ones, that are far cheaper than the raw and unprocessed variants, I have personally seen this (although don't remember what items specifically).
In this case, the higher numbers would be more processed than the lower ones. The point is that the more something is processed the more thought and effort is put into it and so the more it should cost.

It takes a lot of thought and effort to grow a food without some form of chemistry involved. That is why the chemistry sets were invented in the first place.
It takes a lot of thought if you think it does, or you don't know what you should be doing. Effort it takes about as much in both cases.

You cannot blame the farmer. You can only blame yourself. Untill you grow the balls to go out and farm yourself, you are partly to blame.
Depends on the farmer.
Blame myself for something I am not responsible for? Why would I? Did I set matters the way they are presently, do I keep them?

Partly to blame? While I have nothing to do with it? Uhm... no. I am not to blame even the tiniest bit.
If I were a farmer I wouldn't be to blame for anything. Because I don't set the rules and ways everyone seems so content to follow, unfortunately.
I'll do my best against idiocies ruling humanity but I alone can change nothing.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2014, 03:30:54 am »
Nummi,
I actually changed the last part of my post, just before you posted. It's more accurate.

I changed it to 'we' not 'you' and I added about buying perfect foods.

I didn't mean to infer that you personally were responsible for the way things are.
Cheers
Al

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 12:39:59 am »
If an animal (deer for instance) lives next to a GM corn field, guess what it lives on. Bingo, an other government department. In order to classify this, you'd need another department, so that PPL who harvest deer would have to submit samples of the meat to them to determine if the deer ate "approved" paleo foods.  ;D

Just wanted to point out that animals in general, even the most genetically selected cattle, tend to naturally avoid GM foods and go for the non-GM ones instead, if they have the possibility of choosing between the two. There was a post on this forum with a link to series of testimonials and experiences showing that, for example, when a group of cows is placed in a GMO crop, they will barely -if not at all- touch the GM foods, and instead will just move along or go and eat plants in the nearest non-GMO fields.

It's then nice to know that wild animals, if they have not developed the habit of eating in trash cans for example, will be less likely (not saying guaranteed never) to have eaten GM foods in their lifetime. This works especially if the food in the animal's natural environment has never been scarce, or if the animal has never been starving.

Johan out!  ;)

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 06:07:17 am »
JeuneKeg,
There was a herd of deer living about a KM from my house. I counted around 23 or so. They lived at the Government of Canada's Experimental farm where they grow GMO stuff for 'science'.

They were just wild animals hangin' out enjoying the corn and other crops.

I used to think animals avoided GMO but this kinda blows that theory.
Cheers
Al

Offline JeuneKoq

• Chief
  • It's french for "Cockerel"
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 10:55:23 pm »
JeuneKeg,
There was a herd of deer living about a KM from my house. I counted around 23 or so. They lived at the Government of Canada's Experimental farm where they grow GMO stuff for 'science'.

They were just wild animals hangin' out enjoying the corn and other crops.

I used to think animals avoided GMO but this kinda blows that theory.

Alright, maybe I should check my infos before posting stuff  :P I thought the studies and testimonials linked in the post I read made sens, as it was in tune with the instinctive eating concept, but there may also be other factors that have to be taken into account. For starters maybe those animals go for what is largely available and what is the least energy-consuming to get. Food in the wild is very scattered and usually come in meager proportions, whereas a plant crop..well..it's an almost unlimited food supply to the eyes of the survival-concerned animal!

Also if the GMO crops next to where you live, Raw-Al, are part of a scientific experiment, then there's a big chance they are growing two kind of the same plant, one GMd and another non-GMd, to compare the effects of the product they're testing on the plants (new pesticide, fungicide...). It's similar to the way experts test a new drug: they take a group A and give these people the new pill, and a group B to which they give a placebo, then they wait and see what happens differently, according to the expectations they had on the new pill's purpose.
It may then be possible that the herd of deer you saw only eat out of "group Bs" non-GMO crops.

Unless the group Bs happen to be GMO too. Or unless the experimental farm's sole purpose is to check if this new GM seed can grow and develop into a """healthy''''' plant, without the people in charge caring to compare the seed's evolution with a non-GMd variety of seed.
In that case... yeah... those deers are definitely munching on some man-made delight  -v

It has frequently been observed though that when an animal is given a direct choice between eating GMd or non-GMd food, non-GMd will be it's preference in a larger measure.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 11:17:56 pm by JeuneKoq »

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 01:09:45 am »
Bear in mind that I am making some assumptions as you mentioned. I really don't know for certain what they were growing and I don't live there anymore so I cannot verify. It is called the Experimental Farm and it has a few locations in Ottawa Canada. They also grow marijuana there according to legend.
Cheers
Al

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk