Author Topic: What is the Weston Price Diet?  (Read 8301 times)

Offline Zack

• Forager
    • View Profile
What is the Weston Price Diet?
« on: February 13, 2014, 04:23:02 pm »
Is the Weston Price Diet any different from Aajonus Vonderplanitz' primal diet? I did buy his book 'Nutrition and Physical Degeneration' just waiting for it to come in the mail...

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: What is the Weston Price Diet?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 08:56:04 pm »
The WAPF diet is more of a cooked diet plus raw dairy. It does emphasise grassfed meats, at least.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 03:33:10 pm by TylerDurden »
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:18:01 pm »
You can learn more here, too: www.westonaprice.org. Although not a raw paleo diet format, there is a lot of good information. More important to me, there are farmers who follow Weston A. Price growing practices, and I have found those to be my favorite sources of grass-fed animal foods. There is also a strong emphasis on fermented foods, which I enjoy. On the down side, I cannot tolerate raw dairy products, which are a Weston A. Price staple food.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 03:01:45 am »
While Weston Price does recommend more of a cooked diet, their recommendations can be modified for a raw diet. I personally eat a raw diet that follows a lot of the recommendations from the WPF. Their website it loaded with good articles and most of it can be used for a raw diet.
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

Offline Zack

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 08:23:48 am »
Will I find all the same information in his book? I try not to read online as much as I can, my eyes get all bugged-out.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 08:31:19 am »
I never read that book, although I've read online articles. Here's another link with current information regarding the legal status of raw milk in Canada: http://rawmilkconsumer.ca/tag/weston-a-price-foundation/
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline mors

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 05:51:19 pm »
WAP is about consuming nutrient dense foods, such as organ meats, lots of fat, etc.; it's about eating how is appropriate to you based on where you live. Preparing foods traditionaly. I read the book over a year ago and it has changed my diet a lot. I reccomend the book over the WAPF site. Make your own conclusions. What has turned me a bit away from WAPF, was Sally Fallon. If her diet is ideal, why does she look the way she does? She is certainly showing signs of phisical degeneration. And I'm guessing that it's because of the cooked foods.
I have read WWTL just a few days ago. WAP and WWTL (and even GAPS) have a lot in common and can be followed simultaneously. The result depends on whether you figure out what is exactly appropriate for your body.
I still haven't. While WAP has helped me a lot, it did not cure all, I figured moving onto raw primal is the next step. (And I've been on it for the last 1,5 months now)

Offline Zack

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 06:09:23 am »
Could you expand those acronyms for me? Looking for more material to read.

Offline mors

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2014, 11:00:16 pm »
WAP - Weston A. Price; and I'm referring to Nutrition and Physical Degeneration;
WAPF - The Weston A. Price Foundation;
WWTL - We Want To Live by Aajonus Vonderplanitz;
GAPS - Gut and Psychology Syndrome by Natasha Campbell McBride (not raw but can be adapted, read the FAQ section on her website)

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 03:43:10 pm »
i believe bone broths are essential even on a raw paleo/primal... to heal the gut...

raw primal/paleo wont heal the gut..heal the gut FIRST with bone broth, whne gut is healed move to the raw primal/paleo diet to repair/heal the rest of the body
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk