Author Topic: Hello :)  (Read 8561 times)

Offline Zack

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hello :)
« on: February 13, 2014, 04:36:16 pm »
So, I am on the primal diet after reading Aajonus Vonderplanitz' book 'We Want to Live'. Only been three  days but I am feeling very good. I now eat raw meats & fish, raw honey, and raw vegetable and fruit juices. And adding some cooked starch back into diet. I have not yet been able to source raw dairy products. Which brings me to the question do you guys personally feel raw dairy really is necessary for optimum health? I'm going to experiment with it of course but I'm in no rush to source some. And also what are fertile eggs? Aajonus mentioned them a few times in the book but I've never heard of them.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Hello :)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2014, 08:58:47 pm »
Fertile eggs are ones which have already been fertilised by the cockerel. So, I presume that there is an incipient embryo growing in the yolk of a fertilised egg.

re raw dairy:- No one  really needs raw dairy for health reasons. Quite a large number of us have food-allergies towards raw dairy and have found it easy to find other raw foods which were far more useful than raw dairy in boosting general health.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 10:24:13 pm »
Your location determines whether you can find raw dairy products. I'm no expert because dairy produces a terrible effect on my health, but your national/state laws may affect your access of raw dairy products, and even then, private sales are possible through CSA memberships.

Here's a link that might be helpful: http://www.realmilk.com/. If you tell us where are you located, you might get more leads.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2014, 02:52:15 am »
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Zack

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2014, 08:17:35 am »
Edmonton, Alberta. I asked some people at the farmers market. One told me that one guy was selling raw dairy from his farm for a small local market and his farm got shut down. Looks like that is out.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2014, 08:21:16 am »
It's been mentioned here that Canadian law is strictly "no raw milk." You can keep looking, but you might not find any raw milk, or you might get a creative brainstorm. Maybe some other Weston Price people in Canada can give you better insights.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2014, 12:05:03 pm »
Aajonus had good things to say about Raw Cheese.  And different kinds of raw cheese have different nutritional profiles.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2014, 01:34:00 pm »
Edmonton, Alberta. I asked some people at the farmers market. One told me that one guy was selling raw dairy from his farm for a small local market and his farm got shut down. Looks like that is out.
Just keep looking. We went to this website to find ours in Ontario http://www.realmilk.com/real-milk-finder/other-countries/#can

Just keep chasing down leads quietly.
Cheers
Al

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 03:35:36 pm »
I believe Canada allows cow-sharing but, technically, forbids the sale of raw milk otherwise.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2014, 12:43:37 am »
I believe Canada allows cow-sharing but, technically, forbids the sale of raw milk otherwise.
It's a funny kind of Mexican standoff. There seems to be a somewhat blind eye attitude, but Alberta seems to be the worst one for following the rules which is curious because there is a huge cattle industry. (wild guess on my part) Maybe it is just that being so many farmers one or two incidences sounds worse than it is.

The previous Premier of Ontario was anti-raw anything, even threatening to shut down sushi bars. He was one of these "regulate everything" kind of power maniac. Even a member of his cabinet was buying raw milk from the guy Michael Schmidt who was busted and the Premier still wouldn't back down. Not sure what the new Premier is like.

We held a protest in Ottawa at Health Canada HQ and were told by Health Canada that as far as the Feds were concerned, all you have to do is fill out forms, prove the raw milk is safe and you're good to go. It's the provincial ones who must be getting kick-back from industry.

Buy it for your dogs and cat or chickens....
Cheers
Al

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2014, 07:40:55 am »

The previous Premier of Ontario was anti-raw anything, even threatening to shut down sushi bars.

...sigh....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk