Author Topic: Blood  (Read 3227 times)

Offline joej627

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Optimized Individuals
Blood
« on: February 20, 2014, 09:23:01 pm »
Ok.  Health benefits of drinking blood?  From say cows, etc.  I haven't read much about this but I am sure something.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Blood
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 09:31:52 pm »
I can only state that when I have been drinking raw blood from wild game I have always felt really fully  invigorated afterwards. I have, however, never felt any benefits from the blood from raw,grassfed meats and have always disliked the taste of blood from raw grainfed meats.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline kalo

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 05:44:54 am »
Tyler, that is interesting. I had a whole quart jar and pounded half of it. the rest has been in the fridge for 5 days now. I wonder if it is still as beneficial.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 11:52:00 pm »
Tyler, that is interesting. I had a whole quart jar and pounded half of it. the rest has been in the fridge for 5 days now. I wonder if it is still as beneficial.
I would prefer it absolutely fresh.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 09:41:43 am »
Fresh is best when it comes to blood.... The first drink after a kill is always the most revitalizing....

Taste can vary greatly depending on the quality of the animal... great tasting blood is a very good indicator of a healthy animal....Some of the animals that are not so good, often have a sour component, and I have even noticed a slight burning in the back of my throat followed by a bad aftertaste when drinking subprime blood. Quality blood on the other hand taste a lot like clean ocean water.

I will get a little under a gallon a month from the sheep I butcher and will drink about half during the first week, keeping it refrigerated.... and freeze the other half of it in halfpint glass jars, to be thawed out at a later date.

I've noticed a change in the taste and quality of blood within a few days after slaughter, and don't like drinking anything after about a week.....even the thawed blood isn't as good....There must be vital living factors and enzymes within living blood that diminishes soon after the death of the animal.....This could explain why vampires where always portrayed drinking blood directly from the source.
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk