Author Topic: Hello everybody!  (Read 3913 times)

Offline Z

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hello everybody!
« on: February 23, 2014, 02:34:54 pm »
I'm a newb to the raw food lifestyle(only been raw for 2 days now). I could probably write pages and pages on what led me here but I do hope that this gives me relief to some of the issues I face(at this point I can't tell which ones are real and which are in my head). Currently I'm eating about 50-66% meat(grassfed, with organs, gonna add in oysters soon) and 50-33%fruit(most pears, bananas, pineapple and other sugary fruit) within an autoimmune paleo protocol(no nightshades, no eggs though I will probably add yolks in soon, no dairy, no grains, nuts, no seeds, no legumes). I do eat lots of homemade sauerkraut but there's not many calories there so it barely counts.

The more I read the more this makes sense to me. And the fact that the raw liver and raw rump roast I had for dinner tastes really good sure does help :) Anyway, if you'd like to get to know me better just ask, I certainly have a lot to say but not a good idea on where to start.

-OuroborosoroboruO
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:39:23 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: Hello everybody!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 04:40:02 pm »
I take it you are like a lot of us in that you have tried almost every other diet imaginable prior to this one? Anyway, welcome to the forum!
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 10:16:22 pm »
Good luck.  I hope you enjoy your time here, and learn a lot.

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 10:54:41 pm »
I do eat lots of homemade sauerkraut but there's not many calories there so it barely counts.
Just wanted to add that diet is not about calories. It is about nutrients, bacteria, and energy equally. As well not all "calories" a food is told to have metabolize in the same amount, there is loss, also gut bacteria use those same "calories" as energy. "Calories" leave out as good as all nutrients and bacteria and only focus on the energy content that isn't entirely true either.
So, a low calorie food can be extremely beneficial, in fact is absolutely essential, even more so dictated by bodies current needs and deficiencies.

Sauerkraut counts to a lot depending whether and how much you need what is in it.

Offline Z

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 10:32:58 am »
I take it you are like a lot of us in that you have tried almost every other diet imaginable prior to this one? Anyway, welcome to the forum!
Yes, unfortunately.

Just wanted to add that diet is not about calories. It is about nutrients, bacteria, and energy equally. As well not all "calories" a food is told to have metabolize in the same amount, there is loss, also gut bacteria use those same "calories" as energy. "Calories" leave out as good as all nutrients and bacteria and only focus on the energy content that isn't entirely true either.
So, a low calorie food can be extremely beneficial, in fact is absolutely essential, even more so dictated by bodies current needs and deficiencies.

Sauerkraut counts to a lot depending whether and how much you need what is in it.
You're right, and I realize that our bodies are not 100% efficient. I'm still working on eating as instinctively as possible.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk