Author Topic: Hydrochloric acid soak for meat before ingestion to kill parasites?  (Read 3707 times)

Offline panacea

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
Is there any reason that soaking raw organs/meat in a hydrochloric acid solution before ingesting (stronger than our stomach acid, like a carnivores stomach) to kill any parasites would not work? (obviously, neutralizing the soaked organs/meat with an alkaline solution afterwards so that you don't burn your tongue/throat)

I know the parasite thing is over-hyped, but it would just put my mind at ease that much more. There must be something I'm missing though as I haven't heard of anyone doing this yet.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Hydrochloric acid soak for meat before ingestion to kill parasites?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 12:33:00 pm »
Would you soak the meat until it turned to liquid, to make sure that those parasites were killed through and through? Then, you could pass the liquid through a microfilter to strain out parasites that make it through the digestive juices.

This sounds more like a recipe to make hydrolyzed protein, or at least a way to ruin a good dinner.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 12:48:34 pm »
Name the parasites in the specific food you are planning to eat. Also, give statistics regarding their actual prevalence in that particular food in your country. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 01:39:40 pm »
I got zappers and herbal dewormers and I've used them with confidence against any possible bugs.  Only when you feel the bugs are out of hand.

Wouldn't think of making my food miserable tasting.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline LePatron7

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 09:55:36 pm »
That sounds incredibly dangerous.

http://www.epa.gov/ttnatw01/hlthef/hydrochl.html

"Hydrochloric acid is corrosive to the eyes, skin, and mucous membranes.  Acute (short-term) inhalation exposure may cause eye, nose, and respiratory tract irritation and inflammation and pulmonary edema in humans.  Acute oral exposure may cause corrosion of the mucous membranes, esophagus, and stomach and dermal contact may produce severe burns, ulceration, and scarring in humans."
Disclaimer: I was told I was misdiagnosed over 10 years ago, and I haven't taken any medication in over a decade.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk