Author Topic: Importance of organ meat  (Read 4858 times)

Offline Wai Kai Zen

• Buffalo Hunter
  • Raw Knowledge and Experience
    • View Profile
Importance of organ meat
« on: April 15, 2014, 01:42:36 am »
Hi all,

Im still in between raw or cooked paleo, but Im not promoting anything.
I feel like whether the meat is raw or cooked, organ meat makes me feel way better than muscle meat.
Gives me way more energy and my digestive issues are gone.

During my life Ive never really eaten any organ meat and I feel like it has got alot to do with the western society.
In the western society its normal to eat muscle meat and Ive never noticed anyone eating organs.
I feel like this is a huge attributor for the lack of vitamins/minerals in our body and thus resulting in more disease.

Just my take on it. Im no expert, just someone who experiments.
If anyone has an explanation for my observations then please enlighten me/us.

Peace
Reminder to myself:
Search for truth, not dogma.

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Importance of organ meat
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 02:22:58 am »
Well I can't even digest muscle meat, organ meat is bad as HELL but it's not as BAD, organ meat taste MUCH better and cost less. I can't understand why anyone would eat muscle meat over heart or other organs.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 07:40:34 am »
I personally have to have some organ meat to feel optimal, liver especially.

I notice if I dont have any liver for a long time my digestion gets week and I lose energy and vitality. So when I kill an animal I will ration the liver by eating about half of it the first week and freezing the rest to eat bits of at a later time.

I wish I could find a good source of extra organ meat, but most of the stuff I have bought from the local markets taste bad. Even the Slankers beef liver was bad tasting. The grass fed beef at the place I was working were horrible, and many of the organs were full of lesions.

I warn people to be careful about the source of your organ meats, because many grass fed operations will use chemical wormers, vaccinations, poor quality hay, and even GMO alfalfa. All these things can be harmful and cause the kind of organ damage I have seen in sub quality animals.

Does any one have a good mail order source of top quality liver?
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 08:59:58 am »
NorthStar Bison is really good.

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 09:38:39 am »
Cool, will try it out!

Now, I wonder if I will be able to smuggle some Bison liver and suet past the TSA into Hawaii?

Or, Perhaps I could I have it ordered directly to my father In-Laws house in Hawaii.

I figure with a couple of pounds of liver, some suet, and lots of fresh seafood, I should be able to maintain my diet while on the vacation trip of my Life.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 02:37:10 pm by TylerDurden »
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 10:31:19 pm »
I find a diverse selection of organ meats to be very important in my diet. Most of the organs I get are from animals I've helped slaughter, so I get to check the organs out first-hand and make sure the quality is good. I also get to check out the pastures the animals are raised on, so can decline to help slaughter an animal that's raised on poor quality pasture.

Offline edmon171

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 10:10:37 am »
My best guess is that they have many unique nutrients that are not found in muscle meat and they are in a form that is very easily absorbed, whereas the same nutrients in a supplement or vegetable would be mostly excreted. When I eat raw organs I will feel satisfied after a few ounces. Especially liver. If you ever get more adventurous with your organ meats, be careful with the adrenal gland. I ate a package of bison adrenals from northstar once that put me through such hell. First when I bit into it my mouth started burning, then I had the worst stomach pain for 2-3 hours. My mouth still felt a little burned the next day. I don't know if I just had too much or it was because I fried it for a minute. Maybe it was just a bad one. I've had it a few times since then, but it was raw, I was afraid to chew it, and I had one gland at a time and I was fine.
My basic health philosophy:

1. If it is advertized on TV, don't touch it.
2. If it is recommended in the news, do the opposite.
3. If it makes most people afraid, it might be good for you.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 10:38:48 am »
Most organs are very dense in nutrients in comparison to muscle meats. My opinion is that if you do like the flavor, even just a little, include them in your diet.

Related note: I just had my first beef liver today and it was VERY GOOD. There was an subtle, odd flavor in the background (like a strong flavor) that was a little unpleasant, but overall it was like very rich muscle meat. It tasted oddly familiar too, but I don't know why ... either way, it was a success in my book. So if you haven't tried it already, try it!
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 11:22:43 am »
I recommend tiny animals, you get everything with them.

tiny fish, shrimp, clams, oysters, etc.

And there is no yuck factor for newbies.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk