Author Topic: Antibacterial film may soon cover all our raw meats before sale!  (Read 6462 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Antibacterial film may soon cover all our raw meats before sale!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 12:43:40 am »
No. Had to happen.
Cheers
Al

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:01:26 am »
I guess the antibacterial film gets applied after the irradiation and the chlorine bleach spray.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 03:46:31 am »
What .....  -v
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 10:47:54 am »
Either slaughter your own meats via special order under ground... or move to places where livestock raising and handling is primitive.

Maybe they can only implement this crap in the cities.

Rural folks may still be safe?
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline dwelz

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 03:02:42 am »
I don't see anything wrong with this.
The casing is made out of organic ingredients, it's not like they are trying to force people to eat plastic.
I don't eat processed meats personally but I would rather my friends and family who do be safer.
Just because we embrace a mostly primitive lifestyle does not mean we should shun all technology. After all this is an INTERNET forum.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 08:14:29 am »
The casing is made out of organic ingredients, it's not like they are trying to force people to eat plastic.
I don't eat processed meats personally but I would rather my friends and family who do be safer.
Just because we embrace a mostly primitive lifestyle does not mean we should shun all technology. After all this is an INTERNET forum.

Exactly the kind of public mindset we need to wake up.

We are into using correct technology for correct principles to increase health.

This is an example of incorrect technology applied to incorrect health principles that will decrease health of people.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 11:34:44 am »

At the present, it is almost impossible to buy beef in the US that hasn't been slaughtered and inspected by a government-run abattoir. What if it became law that all meat distributed from such a plant needed an antibacterial film on all finished cuts? Even if the film were as safe as {fill in your favorite safe ingestible here}, would you want such a high level of government control over what beef you can buy and how it must be cut?

If you are in my area, you are reeling from the shut-down of the Rancho Feeding Corporation in Petaluma over health problems found in grain-fed beef. The USDA seizure of 8.7 million pounds of beef included all the beef from private grass-fed beef ranchers that had been processed at that plant. The USDA shutdown means that I have to buy beef that has been shipped in from the Midwest at twice the cost of what I paid for local beef. The local markets, in turn, are only offering the most popular and lucrative cuts because these markets are paying double, too.

You are already exposed to government dictates. In other words, we're not just talking about bologna. Why strengthen laws that apply to minimally-processed grass-fed meats from healthy animals when the target industry is CAFO agribusiness?

Offline sabertooth

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 04:40:43 am »
I prefer my meat unwrapped, fresh meat needs to breath and wrapping in plastic is totally non paleo.

Though I know, It may be a necessary evil for people who cant buy their meat whole and hang it on meat hooks. Ive tried to get away from all plastics, and will freeze my organ meats and blood in glass jars, while hanging my meat to avoid using plastic bags. I will use freezer bags for my fat, though because fat has no fluid, there is less chance of plastic chemicals leaking into it.

This new product may or may not be a bad thing, though it does sound too good to be true. I would ask the makers of this stuff more detailed questions about the nature of this fungus based antibiotic plastic.

Is it produced with genetic modification?
Are the ingredients extracted with chemical solvents?
How is the fungus derived plastic processed?
A man who makes a beast of himself, forgets the pain of being a man.

Offline dwelz

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2014, 01:31:25 am »
Exactly the kind of public mindset we need to wake up.

We are into using correct technology for correct principles to increase health.

This is an example of incorrect technology applied to incorrect health principles that will decrease health of people.

How is it incorrect? How will it decrease health?
There is no evidence of that whatsoever.
There has been almost no research on this.
At this point it is just an idea.

would you want such a high level of government control over what beef you can buy and how it must be cut?

Why strengthen laws that apply to minimally-processed grass-fed meats from healthy animals when the target industry is CAFO agribusiness?

This article makes no mention in this article whatsoever about about laws.
Where are you guys getting this from?
The article didn't say "New legislation will force companies to use this film"
What if it was simply an option?
Im assuming it would be.
There is no mention of them forcing small farms to use this.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2014, 04:10:58 am »
How is it incorrect? How will it decrease health?
There is no evidence of that whatsoever.
There has been almost no research on this.
At this point it is just an idea.

This article makes no mention in this article whatsoever about about laws.
Where are you guys getting this from?
The article didn't say "New legislation will force companies to use this film"
What if it was simply an option?
Im assuming it would be.
There is no mention of them forcing small farms to use this.
Pasteurization, irradiation, GMOs all started out as ideas. They caught on because the PPL who sell things want maximum shelf life. They are not concerned about anyone's health. Did you get a vote on whether your food should be irradiated?
Cheers
Al

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2014, 05:23:30 am »
If you understand how bad antibiotics are in our gut, then you would understand how bad putting antibiotics on our food sounds. Most people struggle on a regular basis to repopulate their gut with probiotics (doing the opposite of what antibiotics do). I would not want some chemical on my food destroying the naturally occurring bacteria, and then for me to ingest this meat and have the antibacterial chemicals in my gut. Just sounds all bad.

But, just like pasteurization and irradiation, the general public would think this would be a huge step forward to HEALTHY food. Everyone is terrified of salmonella and the likes, so it would be easy for them to be scared into agreeing with this idea. And just like the mentioned processes, this would be an UNHEALTHY and damaging way to alter our foods.
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2014, 08:37:59 am »
If you understand how bad antibiotics are in our gut, then you would understand how bad putting antibiotics on our food sounds.

I went back to the article to clarify: the film is not an antibiotic. Two of the coatings mentioned are essential oils (rosemary and oregano), two are minerals (zinc and silver). The film is a plant-based plastic. No antibiotics involved.

I don't see anything wrong with this. The casing is made out of organic ingredients, it's not like they are trying to force people to eat plastic.

What if I don't want to ingest those ingredients with my meat... or at all? What if this film is required on all meat sold - which means that I would only be able to get cut and trimmed muscle meat? Yes, this sort of compulsory food rules happen in my part of the world.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk