Author Topic: Optimal time to eat meat?  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Optimal time to eat meat?
« on: May 09, 2014, 10:48:29 am »
I always read how we shouldn't have a big meal before bed and especially a high protein meal, My understanding of how we evolved would be different. It makes more sense that we would have waken up in the morning and stack on whatever we can find, usually fruits and vegetables, perhaps a few nuts while looking for the big hunt and by the time we would get a kill it would probably be around night and then we would rest and sleep after a high satisfactory high protein meat. Eating a high protein meal makes me sleepy and this is how I like to sleep. I cannot sleep if I'm hungry and its way worse if I don't eat right before bed.

There were times where I ate lots of fat before sleeping and all I could think was how bad I was craving red meat. Eating fat never leave me satisfied, I always crave red meat and the more fat I eat the more red meat I crave. I don't mind eating vegetables in between meal or as a little snack while holding on for the next big meal during the day, but anything like eating a light meal of fruits or vegetable would keep me awake all night being hungry. so to me it makes sense that we would like want to sleep with a high protein meat, despite what people say that we need a digestive rest and that protein meal are long to digest and that our stomach acid is lower at night.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Optimal time to eat meat?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 11:16:54 am »
From my understanding, a late-night protein meal is the best when you need to stay up. In other words, protein isn't very good for sleep. I've noticed this too, I will lay in bed just revving with energy after eating a protein-rich meal. I've personally found that fats or carbs let me rest better. But, as with anything else, if you're doing better with a different method, then stick to it. If protein helps you sleep, then by all means continue doing that. :)
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 11:29:24 am »
Well ironically I'm rather awake now when I should sleep, but I think its from the discomfort of the red meat, I had it twice in a row, I'm guessing it giving me energy because it puts my body into a flight or fight mode I'm trying to digest this hard matter, things always change to. My body is weird and not constant, the other day I fall out fell beyond tired after my red meat, almost felt sick.

Offline edmon171

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 08:42:55 pm »
What usually happens in nature is the animal hunts between late morning and mid-afternoon and takes a nap immediately after eating. Then sleeps through the night on an empty stomach after it has digested for at least 3-5 hours.
I find this pattern to be best for me. When I eat protein at night it seems to all turn into sugar by morning and I will be out of ketosis if I ate a lot. If your meat is putting you in fight or flight mode, it usually means the animal was improperly slaughtered and suffered before it died. You can ususally recognize this meat because it will be very red and swollen with blood and water from the adrenaline rush in the animal.
My basic health philosophy:

1. If it is advertized on TV, don't touch it.
2. If it is recommended in the news, do the opposite.
3. If it makes most people afraid, it might be good for you.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 01:12:10 am »
optimal?  sometimes it is great to fast from meat for a few days, then you feel the real hunger for meat, and when you eat it it is so satisfying!

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 02:50:14 am »
optimal?  sometimes it is great to fast from meat for a few days, then you feel the real hunger for meat, and when you eat it it is so satisfying!

Yea that's how I felt after not having red meat for over a week, when I tried it again I was like "hey this used to taste much better" but as I ate the meat it became better and better and in the end tasted just as good if not better then when I used to eat it everyday.

Offline CatTreats

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 03:10:57 am »

I love that feeling. I do that when I'm going to be trying something new so that I'm more likely to really enjoy it.
In its purest, unaltered form, healthy food is delicious.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk