Author Topic: High (or just more-digestible) eggs? What ways have others used to make them?  (Read 3228 times)

Offline peacethesky

• Forager
    • View Profile
Hi, this is my first post here. I'd like to ferment the unrinsed unchilled organic soy-free local pastured eggs I got today, but don't have a backyard, a horse or the ancient Far Eastern recipe for conducting a controlled rot after having buried them in its urine. I thought I'd start by half filling a tiny jar (using the high meat directions I found on the rawpaleodiet YahooGroup) with the contents of yolk sacs, as I think I do best with that part of the egg. I also want to try something that might allow the shells to leech out their nutrients and such into the eggs, and even eventually be edible themselves. With this food in particular, I need to avoid truly bad smells that could make me lose the ability to have enough of an appetite for it in the future, and I feel nauseous at just the prospect of making rotten eggs that end up exploding sulfur fumes or something. Please share any references, experiences and thoughts about this and also about how to better tolerate eggs in general.

Offline donrad

• Bear Hunter
  • Raw Omnivore
    • View Profile
Trust your nose. If it smells bad trash it. Your body knows better than your thoughts.

I eat raw eggs blended with raw milk yogurt in the morning. I also add ground flax seed and cocoa powder. The flax balances my lipid profile and the cocoa helps with micro nutrients, it is high in bioflvinoids.

In the grocery store  in Lawrence, KS they have  commercial eggs with 660 mg of omega 3 per egg. I recently moved to Atchison, KS and have a source for free range eggs. I chose the free range eggs over the commercial. Eggs are a very good protein source. Duck eggs are the best if you can get them.

Trust your nose.
Naturally, Don

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Some claim that one should avoid eating the egg-white due to its antinutrient content. On the other hand, it has been claimed that one needs to eat as much as 24 eggs a day, continuously, in order to suffer a noticeably negative effect.

*You really should search online for recipes on how to make century eggs as they are basically just rotten eggs*
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline peacethesky

• Forager
    • View Profile
Thanks. Here's a page I found that shows how beautiful and appetizing they look: http://nookandpantry.blogspot.com/2007/05/century-eggs.html

And at Wikipedia. I'll make the recipe once I can get ahold of the stuff it calls for.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk