Author Topic: Why we eat what we do.......?  (Read 7646 times)

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Why we eat what we do.......?
« on: May 27, 2014, 02:51:46 am »
Why do eat foods like melons, berries, coconuts, kale, cucumbers, broccoli, apples, etc…
Why don’t we eat foods that are in the rainforest like are closest relatives do? (chimps, bonobos)
Would we know longer find the leaves, figs, stems, roots, twigs, and various medicinal plants they eat appetizing?  Explain how evolution has affected our diet, why we eat what we do and if we should be eating other plants  from periods of our evolutionary history. 

I wonder why we selected certain foods to grow and cultivate over other foods.  Why kale?   Why spinach?  Why Basil?  Why Cilantro? Why watermelon,  Etc…    Why not random plants from the rainforest ... Are we cultivating the right foods?

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Why we eat what we do.......?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 03:32:47 am »
Why don’t we eat foods that are in the rainforest like are closest relatives do?

Every plant has its own zone. These zones roughly follow lines of latitude, and they are reflected north and south of the equator. For example, I live the same distance from the equator as Mediterrania, the Middle East, China, southern South America, South Africa, and Australia. Tropical plant species will not grow to fruition here.

This can be clearly seen when the Dutch settled South Africa, a similar latitude to their homeland. Their crops and livestock thrived. But when they tried to expand northward into the tropics of Africa, their crops failed and their livestock withered, even though there was an abundance of fertile land.

A similar reasoning applies to European colonization of the tropics for the purpose of growing tobacco and sugar cane, plants that would not grow productively in northern Europe.

Tropical rainforests cover a tiny percentage of the earth, and most of us didn't develop there and don't live there. My closest relatives are human beings, not chimps and bonobos. I eat foods like other humans eat.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 03:36:38 am »
Im just wondering why we have chose to grow the foods we do and if they are the ones that we should be eating

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2014, 03:45:15 am »
Im just wondering why we have chose to grow the foods we do and if they are the ones that we should be eating

We don't choose these foods. Nature puts 'em where they belong on the face of the earth, and when man lives somewhere, he eats the food he finds. If man migrates, he grows familiar crops when possible. When he favors a plant trait, he selects the seeds for it. It's that simple.

I'm just wondering about your question, which you have been asking with little variation on numerous occasions during the five or so months you have been posting to this forum. Have you tried shifting your range of foods to reflect bonobo and chimp eating? If so, what have you noticed?

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2014, 03:46:47 am »
I am trying to literally turn my diet into an experiment using instinctive eating.  Determining how my body reacts and what foods it needs...  I havent been posting alot lately and I have been instincively for months now.   I eat fruit, veggies, hemp seed, rare coconut oil, occasional raw meat and drink water and kombucha only.  I use my instincts and I am just wondering if I could be adding different foods. 

evolution has made each person benefit from certain foods from different times periods of ancestry. so we all need various foods from different parts.  Im trying to determine what foods we still benefit from ..from the old world

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2014, 10:02:20 am »
Take a look at the little boy who lived with orangutans in Malaysia.  There is a clue there about our compatibility with the orangutan diet.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2014, 02:18:46 pm »
Take a look at the little boy who lived with orangutans in Malaysia.  There is a clue there about our compatibility with the orangutan diet.
  I used to wonder if we hominids were really closer to orang-utangs than chimpanzees or gorillas. Scientists have pooh-poohed the notion, but it is a fact that orang-utangs are more intelligent than chimps or gorillas and they are more able to walk upright on 2 legs, unlike the other two African species.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 08:05:15 pm »
I am trying to literally turn my diet into an experiment using instinctive eating.  Determining how my body reacts and what foods it needs...  I havent been posting alot lately and I have been instincively for months now.   I eat fruit, veggies, hemp seed, rare coconut oil, occasional raw meat and drink water and kombucha only.  I use my instincts and I am just wondering if I could be adding different foods. 

evolution has made each person benefit from certain foods from different times periods of ancestry. so we all need various foods from different parts.  Im trying to determine what foods we still benefit from ..from the old world

Go heavy on stuff from the sea. That is my advice.

Why would anyone want to eat like a chimp..?? Do you really want to become like one??? That would be de evolution  :(

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 09:18:53 pm »
I wanted to write something more but had to rescue a half dead chick...  -[

So. I think your question is weird. Like I said, why would we like to be like apes? I rather be human, seriously. We differ from animals with our brains in huge ways.

So... we need to learn what is our brain build of and what do we need as human species? What is our food, what fuels us as HUMAN?

That is when you start to see it in a different light.. and your question above becomes no question no more...
our brain needs the right fuel to function properly. If it does not get it... it is not funny

That fuel is not found in vegan foods.... not even in most land mammals/animals

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 09:21:49 pm »
That said... I eat local (Finland) wild flowers and greens and berries all summer long
 in addition to the almost 1 kg raw seafood/organs/meat I eat every day :)

I do eat nuts too, preferably wild
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 09:43:25 pm by Inger »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 09:41:23 pm »

Why don’t we eat foods that are in the rainforest like are closest relatives do? (chimps, bonobos)

....Are we cultivating the right foods?

Again, if becoming more like a chimp or bonobo is your goal, feel free to eat like them  ;)
I apologize if this sound harsh  ;)

I do not believe we need to cultivate anything.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2014, 10:25:55 pm »
Go heavy on stuff from the sea. That is my advice.

Why would anyone want to eat like a chimp..?? Do you really want to become like one??? That would be de evolution  :(

I most heartily agree with this post.  There is something about that fact that humans tend to live near the oceans, rivers, lakes... humans have that aquatic side as well as land mammal side.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2014, 03:53:18 am »
Every plant has its own zone. These zones roughly follow lines of latitude, and they are reflected north and south of the equator. For example, I live the same distance from the equator as Mediterrania, the Middle East, China, southern South America, South Africa, and Australia. Tropical plant species will not grow to fruition here.

This can be clearly seen when the Dutch settled South Africa, a similar latitude to their homeland. Their crops and livestock thrived. But when they tried to expand northward into the tropics of Africa, their crops failed and their livestock withered, even though there was an abundance of fertile land.

A similar reasoning applies to European colonization of the tropics for the purpose of growing tobacco and sugar cane, plants that would not grow productively in northern Europe.

Tropical rainforests cover a tiny percentage of the earth, and most of us didn't develop there and don't live there. My closest relatives are human beings, not chimps and bonobos. I eat foods like other humans eat.

So you eat processed food, grains, dairy, mcdonalds and the rest? Because that's what most other human eat, those that have a healthy dietary habit is a minority.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2014, 04:08:12 am »
@ Sorentus: In answer to the OP, I was explaining why all humans don't eat tropical foods. I was explaining plant zones, which figures in why tropical plants don't grow everywhere on earth.

The logic of your erroneous deduction escapes me. Do you consider "processed food, grains, dairy, mcdonalds" to be rainforest foods?

Offline AnopsStudier

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2014, 12:40:12 pm »
Just In general.  I am using the instincto approach to my diet.   Starting thinking about various periods of human evolution ,diet, what made us human, and an individual instincto approach.  Why do we grow the foods we do?  Why kale?  why not some leaves from a tree in the rainforest? Why dont i just eat literally like a chimp does.. What made us human and why do we choose to grow the foods we do???? Did eating all these various new fruits and melons and veggies from new places make us human?

Have we as humans over the span of life selected the healthiest fruits and vegetables to grow?   Not talking GMO
but there is a reason we eat thing like lemons, cucumbers, celery, ,melon , etc. instead of leaves and figs, and roots.

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 12:14:08 am »
Just In general.  I am using the instincto approach to my diet.   Starting thinking about various periods of human evolution ,diet, what made us human, and an individual instincto approach.  Why do we grow the foods we do?  Why kale?  why not some leaves from a tree in the rainforest? Why dont i just eat literally like a chimp does.. What made us human and why do we choose to grow the foods we do???? Did eating all these various new fruits and melons and veggies from new places make us human?

Have we as humans over the span of life selected the healthiest fruits and vegetables to grow?   Not talking GMO
but there is a reason we eat thing like lemons, cucumbers, celery, ,melon , etc. instead of leaves and figs, and roots.

Eat a melon and then eat leaves, you'll know why :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk