Author Topic: how to handle anxiety/stress/panic attacks  (Read 8316 times)

Offline tests

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
how to handle anxiety/stress/panic attacks
« on: June 06, 2014, 04:15:01 am »
What foods and supplements, herbs, etc can help manage stress/anxiety/panic-attacks??

I eat lots of fat and also take ashwagandha, magnesium supplement (oxide or citrate), vitamin 4000 iu per day (liquid form d3), L-Theanine, and holy basil leaf

what am I missing?

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: how to handle anxiety/stress/panic attacks
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 04:49:46 am »
Personally I would listen to this free audiobook Re: Emotion Code
http://emotioncodeoffer.com/
and then watch some vids by this guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2gK7iw9Sdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G5-0hwHeFA
etc
and then do it. It's very easy and fast.

It does work as I have done it numerous times.
Cheers
Al

Offline edmon171

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 05:01:01 am »
Practice breathing more slowly and deeply using only the lowest part of your abdominal muscle and keeping your diaphragm relaxed. Somehow this forces your brain out of the anxiety state by triggering relaxing thoughts and blocking the anxious thought. It will also prevent an attack if you use it before a situation that you know provokes anxiety. You want to use the lower abdominal muscle to create a vaccum that gently pulls on the diaphragm instead of using the diaphragm to push on your rib cage and internal organs. Ideally your rib cage should remain still throughout the breath. Practice taking slower breaths as you get good at this, it will become second nature.
My basic health philosophy:

1. If it is advertized on TV, don't touch it.
2. If it is recommended in the news, do the opposite.
3. If it makes most people afraid, it might be good for you.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 05:48:55 am »
I realize that you are asking about foods/supplements/herbs, but I have to agree with others who have posted about other methods. Whatever method you choose to dispel anxious thoughts, if you use that method faithfully, you will become good at rising above anxiety, even in dire situations.

I was subject to panic attacks in my thirties when David Burns's Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy came out. A friend and I studied the book together and I have been practicing that method ever since. It's the basis for CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy), and I don't think it's always necessary to see a psychologist to learn this method. Just get the book.

I also practice meditation. The insights that come from meditation are good for preventing anxiety, stress, and panic attacks.

Back in the olden days, I tried the herbs valerian root and kava kava. They were good as sleep aids, but they really didn't address the root of the problem, so I would recommend finding a method of steering away from the thoughts that produce anxiety, stress, and panic attacks.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 07:32:57 am »
Got Mg problems too.... Simply can not get adequate amounts from food (done on purpose). Soils are depleted or too low (done on purpose). Then there's all kinds of pollution that saps it (all done on purpose as well). Plus a healing body needs more than normal anyway.

Oral magnesium supplements are ineffective (absorption rate far too low compared to Mg content, and eating more of it is pointless health wise and money wise). Unless Mg is in ionic form, as it is in oceans and seas naturally.
Magnesium oxide absorption rate can be as low as 4%.

Magnesium Chloride baths should be the easiest and best health and money wise, should be somewhat more effective than epsom salt (another Mg salt). The salt in water goes into ionic form, so Mg ions and Cl ions, both of which your body needs. Mg is best absorbed through skin.
Already a hundred years ago some doctor used (supposedly) Mg Chloride solution for cleaning wounds, and noticed that in comparison to other liquids that not just didn't work but made things even worse, MgCl2 effectively cleaned the wound and accelerated healing (that's what I read). Then began testing it for many many other illnesses.

What you are definitely still missing in adequate amounts is Mg. You urinate most of it back out.

Vitamin B6 supposedly plays a role in metabolizing Mg.

There's two kinds of MgCl2, one is industrial grade - you don't want that... the other is for living things.

Find a supplier and try the salt, If works then good.
www.ancient-minerals.com Sells it, but might be able to get cheaper from somewhere else.

Haven't yet tried it myself (have to get it first), hopefully in the next two weeks, or rather definitely in the next two weeks. What I've read suggests it is one of the most effective ways of getting Mg, because of its ionic form in water.

Offline 24isours

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 04:04:34 am »
I personally think you are taking way too much Vitamin D. When I was taking anymore than 1,200-1,500 IU per day , over time I started developing anxiety. There has been much debate on the upper tolerable intake of Vitamin D through supplements and food sources. What works for me is getting a few minutes of sun when I can with minimal clothing. If you can't lay out in the sun then I don't think you need much more than 1,000 IU per day through food sources/supplements, especially if you are getting enough Vitamin A (as Vitamin D is proven to be ineffective without enough of it). However, I do not recommend taking a supplement unless you have no other choice.
3 Years on a Strictly Raw Ketogenic Carnivorous Diet.
*Currently still on a Ketogenic diet but have now incorporated raw vegetables.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 02:43:24 pm »
this ^^^ Be careful with supplements. You really need to know what you are doing or you might just make things worse. The sun is way safer. I tan every second i can, you should too! :)

and.... it isnot only vit D you get from the sun.... you get many other amazing things too... and if you tan nude it is going to optimize your hormones in an amazing way :) :)

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 02:44:55 pm »
Eat oysters. The best supplement ever. Gives you loads of magnesium too - in a bio available form!!!

Seafood.... fish head smoothie..... Maybe even fish broth? It is not raw but can be a great thing to do to heal anyways

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2014, 02:46:13 pm »
Wild edibles, nettles, linden leaves, dandelion flowers etc...... eat them every day if you can. They are great.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2014, 02:48:03 pm »
Stay away from EMF. Limit it as good as you can. There are studies how it increases anxiety. Many people today have anxiety issues... :(
Be outside naked in the nature, barefoot as much as you can. Very good for anxiety.
Sunshine, earthing, singing birds and the blue sky and the green... very healing. Summer rain too :)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 03:23:09 pm »
What foods and supplements, herbs, etc can help manage stress/anxiety/panic-attacks??

I eat lots of fat and also take ashwagandha, magnesium supplement (oxide or citrate), vitamin 4000 iu per day (liquid form d3), L-Theanine, and holy basil leaf

what am I missing?

How about... just lower your standards?
It may be a mindset thing.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 10:05:19 pm »
As someone who suffered from extremely debilitating anxiety and panic attacks i would say all of these suggestions are good but to help you more we need to know more specifically what you eat and more about who you are and what your life is about. 

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2014, 09:33:51 am »
Calcium and magnesium supplements, especially Mag, worked wonders for me. Eating high- fat and low-carb really helped. Scallops (dry-pack) are really good for getting absorbable mag and cal. Terramin clay is excellent too.

Offline cynthiacharles

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2014, 03:45:15 pm »
I have a diet enriched with fat,proteins, magnesium supplement, vitamin 4000 iu per day.This routine charges up me and gives me energy.

Offline Cristaraw

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2014, 02:51:35 am »
When it comes to diet the best thing you can do to prevent panic attacks is to stay away from stimulants and depressants -- Caffeine, Nicotine, Alcohol, Ginseng etc.

But anxiety and panic attacks are more of a mental issue than a dietary problem. You may want to try meditation and some low-intensity cardio work outs. I'm sure you can find a Yoga class in your area.

Magnesium, Vitamin D and Glutamine supplementation may also help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk