Author Topic: "News" on rawpaleo.com  (Read 7002 times)

Satya

"News" on rawpaleo.com
« on: February 16, 2009, 10:24:43 am »
I would suggest that if there will not be any new "news" at least every month, that you delete that menu choice.  I never had that when I designed rawpaleo.com in the first place.  Instead, I had the "what's new" on the main page.  The difference is simple:  when you have a "News" link and you don't update it every month, then your site looks dead.  Whereas, when you just put a blurb on the main page, then there is no pressure to produce new content.

How ironic that I gave away these sites because I did not have regular time to update.  They were switched to cms, yet there is no new content since November!  At least no one is updating the "News" page.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
Re: "News" on rawpaleo.com
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 08:36:30 pm »
I agree. I'll raise this with goodsamaritan. I'll get him to post more photos of recipes(the ones you just posted) on rawpaleodiet.com.

I have changed a few details, corrected errors etc. since November. Part of the problem is that  I'm the primary contributor and I've covered almost every issue, ranging from criticising Wrangham to debunking the beyondveg.com anti-raw critique.

What I would like is for several contributors to add to the site. Some could post details in a News section, things like Aajonus' monthly Primal Diet meetings across America, raw olympics events etc.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 08:43:45 pm »
I could add a wordpress blog to the website and we could assign contributing authors.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Satya

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 08:53:13 pm »
I agree. I'll raise this with goodsamaritan. I'll get him to post more photos of recipes(the ones you just posted) on rawpaleodiet.com.

That's fine, so long as any copyright note remains intake (I might publish a raw paleo book someday or something).

I could add a wordpress blog to the website and we could assign contributing authors.

That would be way cool, make it so.

Satya

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 09:01:58 am »
I think that updating this site is really important in terms of the kind of outreach you were talking about in the media thread, Tyler.  Lex has a new manual you could post.  And if contributors are what's needed, you should solicit from people you can trust.  Had I known the site was going to go completely idle, I never would have released it.  I only thought that others would have more time to update it than I did once it got going.  Whassup with that?

I am also wondering if the new limited time for editing rules are stifling conversation on this forum. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 12:56:10 pm »
We will get to work on it.
Just been busy the past 2 weeks. 
Seems our company advertisement is working.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 10:05:09 am »
wow, you should totally do a book satya! i work at a natural foods co-op and have really been noticing a sort of cultural backlash against vegitarianism, mostly in the w.a. price vein but ive been meeting more and more people who are getting into raf diets...point being ,the timing may be good.

Satya

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 10:56:10 am »
Seems our company advertisement is working.

Well, that's good!

wow, you should totally do a book satya! i work at a natural foods co-op and have really been noticing a sort of cultural backlash against vegitarianism, mostly in the w.a. price vein but ive been meeting more and more people who are getting into raf diets...point being ,the timing may be good.

Yeah, baby, I totally agree.  I think I will really seriously consider this book idea.  As I said elsewhere, I will be giving local food prep classes soon.  My good pal has already sold out on a gardening class (not really my forte so I bowed out on it).  So there is an anti-veg movement? groovy! And also there's the fact that many people now have to make their own foods.  Some are also growing them in the economic downturn.  People with any kind of natural living know how are becoming in demand.  I wouldn't mind a homesteading kind of book, complete with self defense training.  ;)  I have several years of theatrical training and taught fitness classes for half my life.  I have what it takes to do it; I ain't no introvert!

So, seesawsemiology, where are you at anyway, generally?  Texas has been pretty stable throughout all this BS.  I hope you are in a good situation and can educate the vegheads that come to your co-op.  They need all the help they can get - I know I was one of them and bought the "healthy" diet crap hook, line and sinker for a time. 

Offline wodgina

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Opportunistic Carnivore
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 08:27:08 pm »
My bro was sacked. Flew in for his shift at the mine where he worked put his meat mix in the fridge was turned around imediatley and walked of site by secruity. Falling mineral prices...
In Australia we have a lot of 'pro' meat adverts funded by lamb,beef and pork bodies. One of the lamb ads describes how humans are meant to eat red meat because it allowed humans to evolve and we need the minerals and vitamins that only red meat can provide. Being vegetarian isnt so cool these days.
“Integrity has no need of rules.”

Albert Camus

Satya

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 09:26:45 pm »
Too bad about your bro.  I hope he can find something else soon.

Meat is very big in the state I am in.  Kind of funny, I was a vegetarian when I moved here.  All the cattle, goats, horses and sheep all over must have had some affect on my consciousness, cuz I went back to meat within a year or something. 

What really irks me most is National Geographic magazine has hopped on the "green" bandwagon with articles claiming that eating less meat is better for the environment and all that hogwash.  I really need to write a letter about this new pro veg stance.  They should stay focused on geography and less on fringe, unfounded ideas about how we should live to "save the planet."

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2009, 03:39:05 am »
That's a pity re your brother. I'd thought from your previous "gold rush" comments in past posts that Western Australia was immune to the current economic crisis. Ah well, let's hope this all blows over.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline seesawsemiology

• Boar Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 04:03:43 pm »
"So, seesawsemiology, where are you at anyway, generally?  Texas has been pretty stable throughout all this BS.  I hope you are in a good situation and can educate the vegheads that come to your co-op.  They need all the help they can get - I know I was one of them and bought the "healthy" diet crap hook, line and sinker for a time."

im in seattle. dont get me wrong there are still tons of veg-folk but many who i speak to even say they know it isnt healthy but a personal choice...i think the price foundation has done us a lot of good personally,being easiest to swallow for most.also, more and more im meeting other raw paleo/primal diet people.its pretty rad coming across another person into this, its always sort of exciting. its funny, when i first started this i was a bit secretive about it. i had moved here from brooklyn and it was quite a culture shock, i quickly got the impression that everyone here was a militant vegan, hippie sterotype... but as it turns out most people are really pretty interested when they find out what i eat and ask a lot of questions.this gives me a great oppertunity  to provide the education you speak of.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 06:55:10 pm »
You've found other RAFers in Seattle? well, looks like the movement is really taking off. Perhaps it's due to raw vegans/fruitarians getting sick of their diets and turning to raw meats because they still want to stick to raw.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk