Author Topic: From pastures of plenty to the Utah desert...  (Read 2640 times)

Offline Winifred

• Forager
    • View Profile
From pastures of plenty to the Utah desert...
« on: June 30, 2014, 06:28:44 am »
Hello from Salt Lake City!

I have been an admirer of this site for the past year and have just decided to become a full-fledged Raw Paleo Forum member! I have been living in the Bay Area of California for the past 10 years, but am currently in Utah staying with family while recovering from a broken foot. While out of my regular foraging territory, I am hoping to gather recommendations for favorite online ordering companies of organic, 100% grass-fed beef, lamb, liver, and suet. Any tips for local sources of pastured meat and eggs in the Salt Lake City area would also be greatly appreciated!!! My own health journey is a bit too long to get into at the moment, but an abbreviated version looks a bit like this:

Breastfed until 3 years old ---> Junk interspersed with pot roasts and wild caught fish ---> A short, but highly detrimental phase of living off of breakfast cereal, TV dinners and more junk ---> A sudden and radical adolescent "awakening" resulting in an immediate shift away from processed foods, refined sugar and the mentality / lifestyle that goes along with it  ---->  Several years of dietary and cleansing experimentation, including 2.5 years of a 100% raw vegan diet (low-glycemic version) ----> Heavy metal toxicity & endocrine issues ---> A slow reintroduction of raw animal products and "traditional" cooked foods  ---> An amazingly delicious, creative and highly informed introduction to the raw paleo diet by my English boyfriend, who will be visiting the US very soon and would like me to pass on a "hello" to PaleoPhil, Geoff, Lex, GoodSamaritan and the rest of the long-term members gang! :)

Any advice for sourcing the highest quality meats in the US to help prepare the way for raw paleo royalty will be much appreciated! :)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 06:35:12 am by Winifred »

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: From pastures of plenty to the Utah desert...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 08:11:00 am »
try North Star Bison,especially during the summer months.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk