Author Topic: carb meal  (Read 4486 times)

Offline Randall

• Forager
    • View Profile
carb meal
« on: July 06, 2014, 06:09:23 pm »
Hey guys,

I just came across this great forum when searching online. Throughout the past week or two I've done some pretty extensive research on the whole paleo diet, more fats, less carbs, no wheat etc. I was trying it out but I am not sure about the results... as it is promoted, fats and protein should keep me satiated for longer. But comparing my meals, breakfast for example.. when I had scrambled eggs, bacon and some veggies - yes I wasn't hungry for some time. But the day after I tried just some plain old bread with chocolate spread (I know, 100% crap :P) but my hunger was almost on the same level as before.

The same with a lunch. For a week now I went clean, just meat, healthy fats and vegetables. Yesterday I had a big portion of spaghetti bolognese and I was observing myself. I wasn't tired afterwards and I was full until the evening (much longer than with my non-carb paleo meal) and I also had a great powerful workout at around 6 o'clock. What's more I wasn't bloated and gassy as usually from the veggies.

What's your experience with this? For me it's been too short to see any fat-loss results, but observing my energy I don't see a big difference. And of course, the 'traditional' starchy carb meals are much more conveninent :P

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
Re: carb meal
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 06:26:31 pm »
Welcome!

A real paleo diet has nothing to do with "more fats, less carbs" !
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Randall

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 08:38:23 pm »
Yes, you are right.. but in my perception it kind of is. Since you are upping your fat intake compared to the 'conventional' diet and the starchy carbs sources are quite limited..

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2014, 10:40:16 pm »
I don't think I have upped my fat intake compared to my former diet since I used to eat a lot of fatty cheese and butter.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 10:43:26 am »
fat wont curve your appetite unless you are accustomed to a VLC, ketosis mode. I've had almost a pound of the "healthiest" fat at times and its like I didn't ate anything then the next day i would poop it all like I had throw pure oil in the toilet but it came out of me. I had nausea all the time, this lasted for months until i realized that i just couldn't do well on fat, so i changed my fat for fruits and still eat raw meat every now and then, whole eggs and beef heart, i'm dying for some good seafood but cant find anything fresh that is wild caught. Oh ya, i threw away that high quality grass fed fat in the garbage, never eating fat as a meal ever again, no animal does that just like no animal eat cooked food, so why would i eat pure fat when it makes me feel so ill, because Eskimos with dozen of generation of hard trained livers can?  I know my liver cant.

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 10:13:06 am »
I very rarely eat veggies. I get most of my carbs from fruit. I eat at least a pound of fruit daily, usually over 2 pounds, often over 3, sometimes (like if I get a lot of some really tasty fruit that I rarely can find) as much as 5 or 6 pounds in one day.

Offline Sorentus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2014, 06:46:59 am »
I very rarely eat veggies. I get most of my carbs from fruit. I eat at least a pound of fruit daily, usually over 2 pounds, often over 3, sometimes (like if I get a lot of some really tasty fruit that I rarely can find) as much as 5 or 6 pounds in one day.

What are the fruits you eat most often?

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2014, 11:20:18 am »
What are the fruits you eat most often?

Bananas, definitely. Avocados, mangos, papaya as well, plus almost any other fruit I can get. I love wild fruit in season, like blackberries, persimmons, muscadines, strawberries, etc..

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2014, 07:17:48 am »
I'm really enjoying eating lots of raw starchy vegetables, taking slices for lunch and grated with olive oil and lime dressing with dinner last night - sweet potato, parsnip, cauliflower, pumpkin, carrot, cabbage, beetroot, zucchini, and green banana.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk