Author Topic: Opposite Results from the Majority on Raw Meat  (Read 3652 times)

Offline ThatWasJustYourLife84

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Opposite Results from the Majority on Raw Meat
« on: August 17, 2014, 06:09:00 am »
I have a damaged pancreas from severe alcohol addiction in the past. I have been sober 7 years, but the damage is permanent. I make too much insulin. If I eat carbs in any amount (other than the few in eggs), or if I eat too much protein I become hypoglycemic 2-3 hours later and have severe pains that mimic pancreatitis. Also, I cannot consume beef or some sources of venison because the particular amino acid profiles cause insulin spikes as well.

So, my diet consists of 90% animal fat and 10% protein. No organs obviously because of the carb content.

My fat comes from either grass fed and grass finished, organic rendered tallow or organic ghee. My meats are usually bison or elk. And I eat eggs.

I get about 180-200 grams of fat daily and 40-45 grams of protein. 1.8 grams of carbs from the 3 eggs I eat daily, but that is insignificant.

I have tried consuming my meat raw several times. I always hear all these reports of how great it makes people feel. It makes me feel lousy. I get cold, my throat closes up and I have trouble speaking (I think this is thyroid related), and the meat sits heavily in my stomach for a long time. I get sluggish and have no energy.

When I resume eating cooked meat (not overly cooked, but just to where the inside is pink) I regain my energy, feel warm, and the food feels like it is out of my stomach within the hour.

I am up here in Michigan studying to be a biochemist. I have been zero carb for 4 years, and this way of eating spurred me to become a biochemist. My thoughts on raw vs. cooked, excluding the carcinogenic compounds that are created via certain methods of cooking, are that the raw meat is denatured by the HCl in our stomach anyway. Cooking just speeds the process up, which might explain why it sits heavily in my stomach for so long.

Just my two cents on raw vs. cooked meat. My body just hates raw meat. Almost as much as it hates carbs.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Opposite Results from the Majority on Raw Meat
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 06:26:24 am »
I'm just happy for you, you found what works for you.  Thanks for the info.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Opposite Results from the Majority on Raw Meat
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 09:13:40 am »
If you're interested in making a transition to raw,, may I suggest you do it very slowly by either two methods.  First one is by cooking your meat five % less each meal.  The second trade one small piece of raw for cooked and  so on...  But either way, since your condition is delicate, why not take a month to make that transition and let your body get used to it.  I do believe our bodies make a cleanse when we give it raw proteins over cooked.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk