Author Topic: RE: Seafood parasites  (Read 5018 times)

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
RE: Seafood parasites
« on: February 23, 2009, 04:32:37 am »
Hello all,

It's been a while since I've logged on here and I've missed keeping up with all the posts.  Unfortunately, my health's taken a turn for the worse over the last couple of months or so which, I believe, has been caused by nearby mobile phone masts following a house move!  I do suffer from electrosensitivity and am now experiencing chronic fatigue, headaches, insomnia, weakness, etc.  I'm hoping to move in the next week or so thankfully and start rebuilding my health!!

Anyhow, I was just wondering about people's experiences with raw oysters.  Geoff, from what I can recall you consume raw oysters regularly - have you had any problems from them with parasites?  Like you (I think), I've long subscribed to the theory that they pose no danger for people on a healthy diet and serve only as a detox.  However, I bought some fresh wild native oysters from the unpolluted waters of Falmouth Bay this week for my pregnant girlfriend and she's been violently sick from them!!  She doesn't follow a raw diet at all but I have been trying to ensure she gets as much good quality, raw animal food throughout the 5 month pregnancy so far. This has included raw lamb heart & liver (blended into a drink), eggs, butter, milk/cream.  Up until now she's had an amazingly healthy pregnancy.  But, since the oysters, she's looked absolutely awful and has been violently sick!  Have you had any experiences of parasite problems from raw oysters?

As a test, I've now eaten 20 raw oysters myself this morning.  As you know, I've been eating RAF for about 8 years but still they seem to have effected me too!  Today, I've had terrible stomach cramps, sickness etc myself too!

Any thoughts?

Cheers,
Michael
1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: RE: Seafood parasites
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 08:43:44 am »
My wife swears against any oysters.
In her experience she never found oysters that agreed with her.
For any suspected parasites we use www.barefootherbalistmh.com dewormer. I do not know safety with pregnant women.

I experienced red tide symptoms with polluted oysters last year.  I was ready with tree Iodine and a fast colon cleanser and still puked.

I've been having success with oysters lately with great results.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Guittarman03

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 11:27:49 am »
I had an experience with parasites from raw oysters or chicken liver.  I'm pretty sure that it was the chicken liver, but since I ate them together, I can't 100% rule out the oysters (tho I had them before w/o any probs). 

Parasites attach themselves to the intestinal wall, making them notoriously difficult to get rid of.  Unlike bacteria or toxins, your body generally can't just flush them out, b/c they're hanging on for dear life.  Not only that, there are 100's of different types, so even if you go to a doctor to test, there's no gaurantee they will test for the type you might be infected with.  So the only real way to get rid of them is to either fast for a long time (starve them out), or to eat a large amount of the things that kill them and thier eggs.

Things that are really good at killing parasites and their eggs:
-garlic, lots of garlic
-ginger
-cloves (might be able to find whole dried cloves in the spice isle, if not, you can find it in a tincture)
-wormood (tho I think it's mildly toxic so you don't want to eat too much too often - also in a tincture)
-black walnut hulls - I could only find a tincture

Things that are mildly anit-parasitic
-onions
-very spicy peppers such as habanero
-apple cider vinegar (I've read they don't like acid)
-pumpkin seeds (only paralyzes them)
-cinammon

Now everything I read online was along the lines of... "combine x, y, and z together and do this 3 times a day for 4 weeks, then increase the dose [or change the ingredients] and take for another 4 weeks."  If you're interested in a long term slow working cure, then there's lots of info on the internet for various regimens.  I was not interested in taking tinctures for over a month, so I went in totally bonzai and got rid of them in a day.  Here's what I did:

Although I ate lunch, it went right through me, as I hadn't eaten any ginger or garlic with my beef - for a whole month, food passed straight through me if I didn't eat garlic or ginger with it.  I finally got cheezed off enough that I decided to eat only the things that would get rid of them, and keep at it until they were gone.  So...

Instead of supper, I chopped up 3 large pieces of garlic (as in 2-3 of the pieces you would pull off the whole clove), about twice as much of ginger, and 2 habanero peppers, minus the seeds.  I mixed it all with apple cider vinegar and drank/chewed.  Probably I should have just minced in a food processor, as chewing it burned pretty bad.  I ate most of it, and went to bed.  The next morning I ate the rest.  Almost immediatly I had diahrea - it smelled pretty awful, and definitely different than usual.  Then I got some clove, wormwood, and black walnut hull tinctures and helped myself to generous portions (a good bit more than what the bottle says to take).  Again, the same reaction, but milder than the first. 

I wasn't really trusting of the tinctures - I don't trust anything that's much processed and tinctures seem to fit that bill - so I decided I would go find anything and everything I could that was anti-parastical, and mix together.  So I went to the store and found some dried cloves, cinammon sticks, and pumpkin seeds.  I started by eating just a bit of the pumpkin seeds.  Then minced garlic, ginger, onions, dried cloves, and cinammon in a food processor.  I mixed with water and added plenty more of the 3 tinctures I had.  By this time it was afternoon, and I ate the rest of this horrid concoction, very bitter.  Judging by the taste (I had to chew this up since it didn't mince very well), I assumed I would have an upset stomach very soon followed by some liquid diahrea.  I actually had neither, and after a half hour or so, I started to feel rather energized.  I let all that pass through until evening, and then ate a little supper, with more garlic and ginger (I wasn't takin no chances). 

I haven't had any symptoms of parasites since.  I did eat 2-3 pieces of garlic and plenty of ginger every day for the next few weeks, but it was mostly out of caution, and I don't think it was probably necessary, but it couldn't hurt... except for I smelt of garlic for a few weeks.

Like I said, kind of an all out knock out punch, and it works.  Most of the herbs that kill parasites are VERY bitter and/or VERY spicy, and taste horrible in their raw, whole form, so expect that.  Good luck, shout with questions.   

When you consume an organism it loses individuality, but its biological life never ends.  Digestion is merely a transfer of its life to mine.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 05:52:02 pm »
I've eaten raw oysters in large quantities(c.20 extra-large oysters every 2 weeks, most times) and never once had a problem.

I suspect that your issues were not caused by parasites as such but by the "red tide" phenomenon . Red tide occurs when algal blooms spread out and produce neurotoxins killing fish/shellfish or poisoning them. Any sign of red tide usually means fishermen avoid the area like the plague, which is why such events are so rare.

Are you sure your area is unpolluted? It's just that I've noticed a distinct difference between the very high-quality large raw oysters I get from my fisherman(who fishes in the Norfolk area) and the much smaller, much less tasty raw oysters I used to get from fishmongers and supermarkets in London.

"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Michael

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 06:29:49 pm »
Thanks for the replies and advice guys.  That's much appreciated.

I've never heard of this 'red tide' Geoff but it's reassuring to hear that you've eaten substantial quantities of raw oysters without problems.  Particularly as you source them from Norfolk which is where I live!  Perhaps I should look into this.  I've been wary of buying farmed oysters and didn't realise there was a source of wild local oysters around here.  The Falmouth oysters are a wild, native variety and, supposedly, Falmouth Bay is renowned for the cleanliness of the waters.  I even recall hearing that they're not actually allowed to use motorised craft in the area! 

I'd be surprised if the 'red tide' phenomenon is behind this but it's certainly worthy of consideration in this case.  However, it really does feel like a parasitic invasion (of which I've experienced many in the past due to travelling etc).  I've been in agony all night and can barely move this morning.  I am now seriously reconsidering my former opinions on the dangers of parasites and have perhaps paid them too little attention on my RAF diet.  I am seriously contemplating Guitarman03's suggestions.  In the past, I've experimented with most of the protocols he described but never in such an 'onslaught' manner.

Fortunately, my pregnant girlfriend seems to have recovered.  She has a strong immune system and I think the projectile vomiting helped her remove the source of the problem immediately (whether toxins or parasites).  I've not been so lucky and, having not actually vomitted myself, am concerned that - if parasites are involved - they're going to take a hold in my system.  I don't see that the protocol can do any harm as it's utilising only natural foods and spices.  Thanks for the suggestions Guitarman03!  I'll return with an update when/if I'm feeling better.

Cheers guys,
Michael

1. When offered something that is too good to be true. It is.
2. Greed and fear are poor states of mind in which to make decisions; like shopping at the supermarket when you are hungry.
3. Exponential growth is mathematically unsustainable.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk