Author Topic: Harmless harvest raw coconut water  (Read 5648 times)

Offline DonJon

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Harmless harvest raw coconut water
« on: September 02, 2014, 07:57:37 am »
Is harmless harvest 100% raw coconut water a good brand of coconut water? Are you truly getting the same health benefits from it as if you were to drink water straight from a coconut? Is coconut water even worth drinking? It's a product of Thailand but organic.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Harmless harvest raw coconut water
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 10:16:17 am »
Unless there's a date of expiration, as in like tomorrow, I doubt it's raw.  But then it might have been irradiated to keep it's shelf life, just like milk.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:17:41 pm »
I looked at this company's website, and the impression I got is that this is a raw, refrigerated product. I have no reason to doubt them. It's hard to find organic green coconuts in many areas, so this might be the best you can find. I have no opinion about whether coconut water is good for you to drink.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 01:59:25 pm »
fresh coconut water is good stuff.
We have lots of it in coconut land.
I cannot see myself drinking it from a package since we have it fresh all the time.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline DonJon

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 08:24:57 am »
Unless there's a date of expiration, as in like tomorrow, I doubt it's raw.  But then it might have been irradiated to keep it's shelf life, just like milk.

They said they use thousands of pounds of pressure to preserve their coconut water, is that better than irradiated coconut water? I assume it would cause some chemical change for the worse. Do you know te effects?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:17:04 am »
You could ask some Filipinos in your area to taste your packaged coconut water if it tastes the same as fresh.  They should know.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 03:25:18 pm »
Harmless harvest is an amazing brand in my opinion. It was a small startup company run by two guys in Brooklyn. They purchased a huge area of land and made it so the natural land there is like a nature preserve, they went and got it in person and helped harvest the coconuts themselves for a while. They employ local families to wild harvest the coconuts from this land (which is organic as no chemicals or roads are used for at least 40 miles or something Ike that). I just really like the company and what it stands for.

High pressure processing helps it to stay fresh longer without heating and destroying the nutrients. It tastes like fresh coconut water in my opinion, at least wayyyy better and fresher than any other bottled coconut water I've had! By the way, trader joes now sells it's own brand of raw coconut water too but idk much about the product or it's integrity. I love coconut water so much and HH is a convenient way to get it when I'm like traveling or just can't find good whole coconuts. Idk lol but I love it and drink it but that's just me. I'm sure high pressure processing still renders it not as good or as raw as fresh coconut though

Offline DonJon

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 06:30:54 am »
They started in Brooklyn? It says they're coconuts are from Thailand. Do they source them from both us and Thailand?

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 03:12:29 pm »
Don Jon, the coconuts are grown wild/organically in Thailand :)). I meant their company began with two guys in Brooklyn , the coconuts aren't grown in Brooklyn that I'm aware of :)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 08:52:02 am »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk