Author Topic: New post on advanced glycation end products  (Read 52096 times)

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
Re: New post on advanced glycation end products
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2014, 03:21:34 am »
raw paleo junk is not great food at all. You need to quit that stuff if you are not healthy / having an eating disorder

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2014, 03:48:19 am »
Thank you, Inger. You do have muscles! I am impressed.

If I may ask, what about facial skin, such as wrinkles and skin lagging? You do look good in your photo. But photos do not show fine wrinkles.  Some say that high-protein and high-calorie are aging and could cause skin aging quick.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 03:54:18 am by Joy2012 »

Offline Projectile Vomit

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2014, 06:35:37 am »
Regarding the chart in the post I started the thread with, realize that most of the meats and even the seafood featured there were farm raised. Farm raised meats will likely have higher AGEs because the animals are fed a high-carb, processed diet that makes their blood sugar higher and increases the reactions in their body that create AGEs. AGEs aren't only created by heat, they are also created naturally when you have high blood sugar. This is one reason why diabetics tend to have high AGEs, they have trouble regulating their blood sugar and it is often far too high.

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2014, 06:59:36 am »
The foods you mentioned are all processed foods. Paleolithic people wouldn't eat almonds that have been stored for months (so are available year-found), coconut butter that has been separated from the coconut meat, blended foods like macaroons and date-coconut balls, etc. Pretend you are a hunter-gatherer. Eat that way.

Exactly lol, what I was saying is I DONT eat those things! The only time I have was at one point when I slipped into a binge

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2014, 07:02:08 am »
Because I do not eat any sugar / carbs. Except some green veggie here and there and wild herbs and wild berries and very little raw wild honey and I do eat raw nuts - I do carbs seasonally. I avoid carbs in winter. I eat a little bit in summer but also then have days where I am zero carb.

high sugar intake and stress (also exercise!) gives you higher AGE level in your body too

I eat around 3000 calories / day, high protein, high fat, do zero exercise, am 38 yo in a few days and 166 cm

I still have muscles, even if being that sedentary and eating so many calories
I feel very strong and healthy
(pic from a few weeks ago)

Just wanted to say you look fantastic Inger!!! :)

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2014, 11:38:02 am »
Regarding the chart in the post I started the thread with, realize that most of the meats and even the seafood featured there were farm raised. Farm raised meats will likely have higher AGEs because the animals are fed a high-carb, processed diet that makes their blood sugar higher and increases the reactions in their body that create AGEs. AGEs aren't only created by heat, they are also created naturally when you have high blood sugar. This is one reason why diabetics tend to have high AGEs, they have trouble regulating their blood sugar and it is often far too high.

Thanks.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2014, 12:33:10 pm »
Thanks, Inger and Eric. I didn't want to sound like I was contemplating rice consumption. I was just reinforcing the depth of my meager scientific knowledge. I myself "encounter" rice from time to time when I peel the fish off the rice from a piece of sushi, but I don't actually eat it. I am sharing Eric's posts with my daughter (cooked "paleo"), so I have to be able to answer a few questions.

If your daughter wants to eat rice, brown rice is much better than white rice.

The following article actually considers brown rice a very healthy food.
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=128

Offline Greenbalance

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2014, 06:43:40 pm »
You look great Inger!

I want to ask you about your favorite way of eating raw herring. It's the cheapest fish for me and I can afford it often for that reason.

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2014, 11:06:30 pm »
Thank you, Inger. You do have muscles! I am impressed.

If I may ask, what about facial skin, such as wrinkles and skin lagging? You do look good in your photo. But photos do not show fine wrinkles.  Some say that high-protein and high-calorie are aging and could cause skin aging quick.

Well, I have always had wrinkles under my eyes, even as a baby......... go figure! So I would lie if I said I were wrinkle-less. Also my high fruit rawfood years really did no good to my skin too.... I have never had that great a skin anyways. But I can say for sure, I have never had better skin than I have now :) it is so soft and smooth! And i have less wrinkles now than I had 6 years ago with high fruit..........
also I easily get cellulite... and that is practically gone...... I bet it would go away 100% if I quit drinking my close to daily cold cardamom-coffee cup and the occasional wine.. and I seldom have some HWC or grassfed butter too. Those all worsens my cellulite (inflammation). But still, I have almost non back :)

I am in the sun all the time... my whole life already.. and never use sunscreen... so i am sure going to get wrinkles...lol but I am not worried at all about that. I rather be healthy as a horse with some wrinkles than unhealthy and wrinkle-less....  ;D

To me a high sugar diet (=high fruit)  is the one that gives me wrinkles most effectively.....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:15:02 pm by Inger »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2014, 11:18:53 pm »
You look great Inger!

I want to ask you about your favorite way of eating raw herring. It's the cheapest fish for me and I can afford it often for that reason.

I make fish head smoothie from the heads and roe and fish milk,
the rest I make into filet and  cut into slices and mix with
-ACV
-seasalt
-raw onion, sliced
-grated fresh ginger (optional)
-chopped garlic (optional)
-Piment (brown pepper) (optional, gives a great taste!)
-a tiny bit of raw wild honey (optional)

let it marinate over night and enjoy! I make a huge bowl and eat for 2-3 days..... easy and so yummy
I eat this all the time, and i never get tired of it...lol

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2014, 03:19:24 am »
Inger, you have such a lovely body 8)
Tell me, what do you mean by high protein diet. I always make an effort to keep protein low and eat fat and some veggies for satiation. How much protein approximately contains a normal meal for you? Do you take the ACV for taste or for better digestion? And do you include eggs?  And Inger, since when do you eat so much nuts? I thought you where against it because of all the O 6 and the phytic acid and the mold problem etc

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2014, 03:38:31 am »
i will add a little info as regards Ingers' diet.   Fish has a less acidic effect on the body than meat.  Hence I think one can eat more and have less neg. effects.   I'm sure the nuts she eats are from the shell and this season.   As regards the amount of omega 6's,, they are totally offset by the amount of three's she gets in fish.     Her post reminded me of how nice it will be to get fresh nuts this year.    Ok, Inger, your turn.

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2014, 12:00:12 pm »
Inger, Many thanks for sharing your health/beauty tips.

Van, your input is always useful.

Inger, I suppose you eat fresh, never-frozen raw seafood. I usually eat frozen wild-caught salmon and shrimps (purchased from Wholefoods) because I think freezing kills parasites. Do you ever worry about parasites in never-frozen wild-caught raw salmon or in wild-caught shrimps? Do you think your marinating sauce might kill parasites?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2014, 12:51:23 pm »
pacific salmon has far more parasites than atlantic

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2014, 01:27:13 pm »
Inger, you have such a lovely body 8)
Tell me, what do you mean by high protein diet. I always make an effort to keep protein low and eat fat and some veggies for satiation. How much protein approximately contains a normal meal for you? Do you take the ACV for taste or for better digestion? And do you include eggs?  And Inger, since when do you eat so much nuts? I thought you where against it because of all the O 6 and the phytic acid and the mold problem etc

Hi, littleElefant :)

I never count macros. But when I do for fun I am always way over 100 gram protein /day. I eat between 500g and 1 kg seafood and meat/organs / day
but what I do too...... I never get artificial blue light in my eyes after sunset - I am very strict about this. I go early to bed (as I get so tired) raise early (never use alarm) and sleep so well. I do anything I can to avoid non native EMF. I have moved to a tiny town close to the shore... full of oysters. And I keep it cool.... All on purpose. I believe, in today's world.. if we are bathing in nnEMF 24/7 high protein or high carbs are both no good idea. But if you live more naturally, high protein is never going to hurt you. This is what all my research tell me and also my own experience. You always need the context!
It is not all about food.... by far not

Nuts needs context too ;). As Van says, get good quality nuts, eat them raw (!) and fresh and always with seafood. Then they want hurt you. I eat so much seafood I kind of need nuts to balance out all the omega 3...lol
Not going to eat nuts in the winter tho, as they have some carbs. Hazelnuts are my favorite nuts now... I buy them from Orkos.. to be sure they are raw. in shell or shelled. But I never keep nuts stored for long time, and I keep them in my fridge.
I also am picky with what nuts I eat. I never eat cashews. I do not eat much walnuts either as they are so hard to get fresh.. or they get rancid so fast? I just do not want them.... but I do wild Siberian Ceder nuts and I do hazelnuts.. and some almonds (soaked) and Brazil nuts once in a while... sometimes I do sesame seeds... and I love pistachios too. With nuts  I very much know what I need.. as my body tells me - weird huh! Sometimes I love pistachios, and then, all of a sudden I can care no less... and I gorge on hazelnuts instead...lol my body is clear on this...
But it is not that I eat lots of nuts all the time. Summer/fall is nut time by me :) need to get some Omega6 in for the winter ;)
I do believe nuts can be bad for some people with certain illnesses, as eggs can too.

I do ACV for taste only. I use lime or lemon juice too at times. I just love the chevice style with herring and mackerel, salmon too
I do not have issues with digesting anything I eat... thankfully :) I occasionally gorge on a 600 g "steak" and I digest it perfectly fine....

I do eat some eggs once in a while - sometimes I even crave them a little! But I try to get pastured and always the best quality - i am picky with that.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 01:39:44 pm by Inger »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2014, 01:37:58 pm »
Inger, Many thanks for sharing your health/beauty tips.

Van, your input is always useful.

Inger, I suppose you eat fresh, never-frozen raw seafood. I usually eat frozen wild-caught salmon and shrimps (purchased from Wholefoods) because I think freezing kills parasites. Do you ever worry about parasites in never-frozen wild-caught raw salmon or in wild-caught shrimps? Do you think your marinating sauce might kill parasites?

Well, I for sure prefer fresh, but I can get fresh fish here only thursday and friday, so I buy a lot and eat half of it fresh and the rest I freeze for a couple of day or it would go rancid....
I do not freeze because of parasites, or use ACV because of parasites. I am not afraid of them one bit.
I have eaten raw fish where I have seen the parasites, not only once... and I do raw fish heads and roe and fishmilk in my smoothies too... parasites seems to not like me...lol
I believe, when we live in tune with nature parasites will not take over. And I also believe a healthy stomach acid will kill most of them. So if you have a  disturbed digestion you might want to be careful.
Otherwise, just eat papaya seeds and peel, drink herbal teas that kill worms etc. once in a while. I do think parasites can be a issue for some, but it has not been for me AFAIK / am aware of. I always think in context here too. You need to know your own risks.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2014, 12:19:49 am »
I tend to have a different view on parasites.   Fish in the ocean, which live as natural a life as one could expect ( even in the cleanest of oceans ) get parasites, as do most animals in the wild.   I shot and fed my all raw dogs rabbits once.  Rabbits carry fleas, which carry tapeworm eggs.  I wasn't careful enough to get all the fur/fleas off them and sure enough not long after, tapeworms in my dogs,, which have a far stronger stomach acid than humans could develop.     Thus I believe it's really what parasite we eat, and does the transit time in our gut provide incubation time for the egg to hatch or the parasite to attach and grow.     Again, salmon in the pacific ocean have a hole different set of parasites than where Inger lives.  Smaller fish like mackerel aren't know to carry much, as the same with sardines..

Offline littleElefant

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2014, 04:08:03 am »
Inger, I'm always over 100 g proteins as well although I restrict myself,otherwise I would eat much more because I love it so much.
Your digestive force is very high, so why don't you eat just more fat instead of Protein like most low carber, Keto people advise?
Inger, what does HWC means?

I started taking ACV before and with meals and it seems to help me digest fat and protein  much better. I also take digestive enzymes, ox bile and HCL with my meals and licorice root and turmeric and chili and ginger. All that seems to help me digest better. I think I should stop mixing sooo much vegetable matter with my fat and protein. I try to create balance with it, don't want to eat to acidic, but Van told me already that it might be bad for digestion

Sometimes I think I have parasites. What do you  people do  to avoid them or to get rid of them

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2014, 11:31:14 am »
Thanks, Inger and Van.

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2014, 12:33:39 pm »
Inger, I'm always over 100 g proteins as well although I restrict myself,otherwise I would eat much more because I love it so much.
Your digestive force is very high, so why don't you eat just more fat instead of Protein like most low carber, Keto people advise?

I started taking ACV before and with meals and it seems to help me digest fat and protein  much better. I also take digestive enzymes, ox bile and HCL with my meals and licorice root and turmeric and chili and ginger. All that seems to help me digest better. I think I should stop mixing sooo much vegetable matter with my fat and protein. I try to create balance with it, don't want to eat to acidic, but Van told me already that it might be bad for digestion

Sometimes I think I have parasites. What do you  people do  to avoid them or to get rid of them

You might just see what works for your self.    And, it's ongoing, the noticing part, paying attention.   Too much attention though and you can make yourself paranoid.   
    the whole parasite fear, boy it can leave you bewildered.   They can be hard to test for,  but that's my advice.  Get tested if you have them, do something either herbal or from a doctor.  But if you don't have them,  let go of the thought and move on.   Some will eventually show up in stools, like roundworm or tapeworm.   then of course you'll know.    Don't get stuck or dwell on it.    There are so many people making money out there and posting how we all have them and how they are destroying us....  almost a little parasitic in itself. 

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2014, 01:49:17 pm »
I'm always over 100 g proteins as well although I restrict myself,otherwise I would eat much more because I love it so much.

At 100 g. protein (400 calories of protein) on a 3,000 calorie/day diet, that's less than 15% protein, so it's not actually "high" protein. It's more like moderate protein. It just seems like high protein when you don't have a lot of starchy foods on your plate.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2014, 04:24:56 pm »
Inger, what about bone health? I vaguely remember that you do fish bone smoothie. Is that palatable?

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2014, 02:47:53 am »

HWC means heavy whipping cream....... hard to get raw.. and dairy is no good for me really but I seldom have it with berries (wild) at gatherings or so....

Well... I do not try to count how much fat or protein I eat... sometimes I gorge on pure fat..lol I am listening to what my body tells me.. and it usually sppeks pretty loud! I am not thinking much about my food at all anymore... I mostly eat the same things and go on with my day.... Today had raw Galloway air dried burgers for breakfast with chickweed, then for lunch raw lambs hearts... lots of oysters... hazelnuts...some pollen.... cucumber.... But I really do not eat much veggies at all... just once in a while.. I like chewing on celery stick, they and cucumber are about the only veggies I eat
I do eat more seafood than meat.. and I mostly eat heart as my meat.... or liver

Picked these oysters yesterday... a bag full... they were pretty big...  8)

« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 02:56:10 am by Inger »

Offline Inger

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2014, 02:51:31 am »
Inger, what about bone health? I vaguely remember that you do fish bone smoothie. Is that palatable?

Well... I am not worried at all for my bone health... i have very strong bones I bet.. it feels like that ;)
The fish head smoothies digest just fine in my belly... no complaints here ;-)

I guess I get lots of calcium and other minerals from the fish heads... really great stuff I would say :)
has made my hair shiny and healthy even if it is pretty bleached from the sun. All I use on it is Ghassul mud... nothing else

Offline Joy2012

• Shaman
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2014, 01:36:17 pm »
Inger, thanks. So you get calcium and other bone minerals from fish bones. Good to know.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk