Author Topic: Study proves benefits of Alternate Day Fasting  (Read 5557 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Hanna

• Shaman
    • View Profile
Re: Study proves benefits of Alternate Day Fasting
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 07:03:07 pm »
The complete article:
http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.com/pdf/ADCR%20JBJ%20MH.pdf

We have had anecdotal experience with over 500 subjects for up to 2.5 years following a repeating pattern of ad lib eating one day followed by 20– 50% of daily estimated calorie requirement the next day. We have observed improvement in a vari- ety of disease conditions, starting within 2 weeks (…)
So nothing is "proved", the evidence is just anecdotal.

Offline Duke

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 01:54:58 pm »
The complete article:

Calorie Restriction is beneficial for health.
The more calories you eat, the more free radicals your body produces. Free radicals are the by-product of energy production by your body and hence the more damage to your health you're doing. Running Marathons has the same effect; it ages you faster.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 10:13:53 pm »
The complete article:

Anecdotal is proof enough to me to go and try it out myself.

And then I will share my own experience.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 12:45:34 am »
I'd postulate that one would get the same benefit by consistently eating raw and moderate.   That means not overeating even one meal.   But eating just to satisfy the body's needs at that time.  Another way of describing this, is the saying,,  leave the table a bit hungry.    My experience is that any overeating is toxic.   And the notion of the yoyo, overeating, and undereating the next day is another method the mind will adopt to try to stay in 'control'.    We like methods.   We like fixes.  We like thinking. 

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 01:16:07 am »
I'd postulate that one would get the same benefit by consistently eating raw and moderate.   That means not overeating even one meal.   But eating just to satisfy the body's needs at that time.  Another way of describing this, is the saying,,  leave the table a bit hungry.    My experience is that any overeating is toxic.   And the notion of the yoyo, overeating, and undereating the next day is another method the mind will adopt to try to stay in 'control'.    We like methods.   We like fixes.  We like thinking. 

I agree with this observation.  I have been experiencing this this year.
I think it has more to do with finally having enough nutrition.
Seems in the old cooked days I could never get enough nutrition that is why I could eat by the clock.
Nowadays not eating for a day or diluted juice fasting is such an easy comfy thing to do.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline Johan August

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 03:16:03 am »

Offline Johan August

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 03:21:57 am »
I think possibly you are underestimating the physical processes which take place when you fast The body does things when you fast which it does not do when you eat regularly and do not experience hunger.

Offline raw-al

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 04:55:30 am »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01lxyzc/horizon-20122013-3-eat-fast-and-live-longer

This documentary is very interesting concerning IF.
Johan,
Is there another link to that documentary as it is not viewable for me. It says "Not viewable in your area"
Cheers
Al

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 05:06:34 am »
I think possibly you are underestimating the physical processes which take place when you fast The body does things when you fast which it does not do when you eat regularly and do not experience hunger.

I have fasted,, lots.    And I also know or have come to witness the long term detriments of overeating.    My point really is, leave the table before full and your body can take care of what you ingest without resorting to fasting.    Eating raw anything, carbs, proteins, fats is very cleansing in itself, especially for those who grew up eating cooked.  Overeating raw can actually cause the reverse. 

Offline Johan August

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 07:25:45 pm »
raw-al

http://thedianerehmshow.org/shows/2014-01-09/latest-research-intermittent-fasting-0/transcript

I could not get a full view of the documentary on You Tube.  The above is an interesting interview of the two principal scientists and Michael Mosley which covers a lot of the same ground.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk