Author Topic: Meat addiction?  (Read 4592 times)

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
Meat addiction?
« on: October 09, 2014, 12:18:25 pm »
So I've been raw for 8 years. When I first started incorporating animal foods I tried raw seafood, eggs, and dairy...narrowing it down to mostly seafood. However, a few months ago I started craving red meat and tried ground wild venison, then local raw grass fed beef. At first I didn't like it. Then suddenly I started craving it. Now I've been wanting it daily. I don't eat it every day but I crave it. I can eat a pound at a time. Why is this? Too much meat? I can get raw freeze dried human grade dog food made with grass fed beef and wild salmon that incorporates all the organs to balance out the amino acids.
Since incorporating fruit back into my diet I'm hungrier, more bloated, more food-oriented, and more prone to binge. The meat seems to balance the sugar and stabilize my brain more than fats like avocado, which in combination with fruit just makes my blood feel sticky.

Anyway is there a reason I'd get addicted to meat? I'm eating only local grass fed or wild. I literLly love meat and crave it but idk if it's doing me well or not. For example I also love figs and will eat and eat them, but figs do NOT like me.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Meat addiction?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 01:38:26 pm »
You do not have red meat addiction.
You are just currently red meat deprived. (over so many years)
There is an instinct component there.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 02:22:25 pm »
One thing I found out when experimenting was that the more raw carbs I had in the diet, the more I ate in general. Carbs seem to stimulate the appetite a lot. I also found it better not to overeat raw meat all the time(1 kilo is enough per day, less is probably better).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 02:55:29 pm »
I agree that you can over eat red meat.
I once tried that ridiculous experiment of 1 kilo of red meat a day and the only way I could do that was to minimize the raw fat.
Which led me to getting kidney pain.  Ouch.  Kidneys overloaded, cannot process.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

Offline fireflysea

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 05:17:49 pm »
Goodsamaritan,
True it's been years since I've had red meat, prior to this last two months. Within the two months I've had phases where I don't want it and phases where I can't get enough. But lately it seems to be I can't get enough no matter what lollll. I was just curious if there is something in the meat that can be addicting or make one overeat it. I'm happy to eat it Im just curious if it's something others hsve experienced and something I may need to watch out for. I noticed too my taste for seafood has diminished this month, and that is usually my favorite food I can never get sick of. I wondered if maybe it had to do with eating meat so frequently. I had intended to fast but haven't yet. I'm bigger than normal and it doesn't feel good lol, tho I know that's from all the fruit and from irritating my IBS with fruit and bingeing (on raw food but still) this past month and a half or two.

Tylerdurden, I've found this to be true too. But fruit is an old habit and perhaps addiction. I feel awful when I eat it too. I need to kick it to the curb for a while and stick with lemon water, cucumbers, and vegetables when I crave produce instead. Do you eat fruit at all?

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 06:06:05 pm »
Yes, I eat some fruit.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 10:32:08 pm »
I do not generalize about a class of food such as "fruit".  I eat a wide variety of fruit. Try fruit in season.

If you cannot get enough of red meat, then you may not be eating enough muscle FAT with your red meat.

Offline albertoceraw

• Trapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 01:09:56 am »
I agree with GS, try to find good beef fat.

Offline brodude

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 08:16:23 pm »
Earily familiar for me... I went for years without meat and when I tried it again it was like crack after I got over the initial disgust. Personally, I didn't fight it and eventually just kind of got over it after a few months.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk