Author Topic: How cooked foods foul up your genes via epigenetics  (Read 2855 times)

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline political atheist

• Elder
    • View Profile
Re: How cooked foods foul up your genes via epigenetics
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 12:40:38 am »
bone broth is  miraculous in healing the gut(ANY GI diseases)...thus the whole body...
Pumping out units, I mean kids, aka bringing innocent beings into this ‘heavenly’ dimension of misery, suffering, struggling, pain and DEATH, WITHOUT THEIR PERMISSION/CONSENT, is NOT the solution/remedy/cure for your personal problems/issues such as: boredom, poverty, selfishness, loneliness, low IQ, **megalomania, shallowness, emptiness, vanity, hero complex syndrome, narcissism, virtue signalling syndrome. Please stop being a sadist, masochist and find a more useful/constructive hobby. 😉

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 01:10:44 am »
bone broth is  miraculous in healing the gut(ANY GI diseases)...thus the whole body...
I would disagree. The only benefit re bone broth is that it is "less worse" than many other types of cooked foods, if very lightly cooked.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 01:13:16 am »
Once in a while, members of this forum discuss their health progress with RPD - some with better results than others. Some are even outright convinced that they will live well into their hundreds! I didn't start eating RPD until I was a grandmother, and I have found tremendous improvement but not cure for major diseases that got their start earlier in my life. For me, the most gratifying result has been total absence of pain in arthritic joints, perfect control of diabetes (cured!), and lots of happy energy and mental clarity despite a lot of diagnosed autoimmune problems.

Scientists suggest that foods full of fat, sugar and salt change the way genes work and even swapping them for fish, fruit and vegetables cannot turn back the clock.
I have often sought to explain why RPD has not cured every disease I have, and this epigenetic explanation make sense. It's important not to get discouraged if you have huge improvement but lack complete healing.

@ Political Atheist: I didn't see any mention of bone broth in the article that TD posted. I get it that you are enthusiastic about bone broth to heal the gut, but this article wasn't even about gut healing. Perhaps you can expand on your experiences with bone broth in your own journal or a dedicated thread on the Weston Price forum. Otherwise, people searching for bone broth information will get search results that have nothing to do with bone broth, except for your off-topic posts in unrelated discussions.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 02:46:01 am by TylerDurden »
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline nummi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 02:58:14 am »
It's rather about what genes are active or not, not "gene change". Genes don't change, unless it's some positive/preferable mutation, if negative then the body will correct it if it has what it needs. Genes that have no apparent need at some point go to "sleep". If some genes are never stimulated in the first place (a child since birth learns to live in a limited box, as it is more than common in our "modern world", which translates into no need of most of the individual's inherent potential, and then the critical learning point passes) then it can be extremely difficult later on as an adult to turn the once "useless" genes on even in the presence of some conditions they should correspond. Turning them on in such a circumstance would require a rather open and aware and perceptive and calm mind, and persistent "training" and looking into oneself.
There are other influences than food as well that affect which genes end up active or not.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk