Author Topic: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?  (Read 532510 times)

CitrusHigh

Re: What rawpalaeo foods are you eating right now?
« Reply #1150 on: September 04, 2012, 10:16:01 am »
I got reallllly sleepy and decided to go to sleep. Then woke up tripping, then went back to sleep and had some super vivid dreams. Caused me to sleep in several hours past the 530AM I planned for, woke up about 10 something. That was about 210 Morning glorie's and 15 Datura seeds. I just read they are brother and sister in mexican(native) shamanism. Next time it will be more like 300 or 400 MG and 25 Datura Seeds.

Oh also the datura gives you wicked cotton mouth, I mean, it's obnoxious, like by the time you get done swallowing a drink of water your mouth is dry again lol! But it's a teacher, so what are you going to do? Last time I ate a significant amount of datura, I was seeing people who weren't really there all night long in between dream states, I woke up having full conversations with people, it's a serious teacher that is for sure. I hear about people still 'seeing' things years later and that has me being very cautious with self titration!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: September 04, 2012, 10:18:13 am »
ill be expecting some in the mail!

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1152 on: September 04, 2012, 11:34:55 am »
Ipomoea or Datura or both?  ; )

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: September 08, 2012, 10:32:54 am »
uh, i just had the most delicious raw meal to date.....
last night we got a young female deer

i had fresh, still hot from the carcass liver, which was way too much for me to handle, super gamey, very strong tasting

hot fresh blood, which had too much life, only one sip!  i was full from a full day of food, didnt know wed get one or i would have fasted all day and saved all the blood and dined on maybe a small cup of that, its extremely creamy, nourishing....next time!

i saved the heart as well and had some for breakfast after putting it one a colender with teh liver and sticking that in our not so cold refridgerator.........heart.is.amazing.
id have to say it has the best texture of anything i have eaten to date, its very tender, and has a delicious flavor.....i wish deer had more then one heart

the liver is much better after a night in the fridge, the texture is excellent, its not very fatty but its very bloody, sweet and satisfying......i got a few of the others on the farm to take a bite of it fresh and raw last night, lol! although they both spit it out after a few chews, i am still amazed they were so willing to try :) the flavor was even strong for me at the time.

the carcass is hanging, we probably wont get to it for a few days which is fine with me, no one else agrees that we should just leave it to hang, we have the perfect clean dry cement root cellar for it that is even colder then necessary but....5 against 1, super happy to have scored what i did, i have so much gratitude for how abundant the deer are right now

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1154 on: September 09, 2012, 12:24:45 am »
That is so awesome, I've had the same experience with deer liver from the one I got recently, also a young female, get ready for the most TENDER muscle meat you've ever had!! I couldn't believe how tender even the leg meat was, but when they haven't had much time to exercise the meat is really tender. Well, actually, how young is yours? Depending on the age  she might be super tender, maybe less so, but way delicious regardless! That is a real blessing! I've noticed the same thing with such a fresh deer liver, so bloody and filled with energy. What did the shooter think of you drinking blood? SO cool you got them to try raw liver, they must have some faith in you!

Are you going to skin the deer? Imagine a nice buckskin bikini and loincloth getup, ooh baby! lol Or a shawl, whatever floats your boat.

Glad you are having fun up there!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: September 09, 2012, 10:49:47 am »
lol cant tan the hide because the best place we have is visible and, well, the deer just got in the way of the bullet if you know what i mean.  no one thought it was weird, they were amused and happy to see me really enthusiastic.  the hunter is a mexican guy, grew up in mexico but has been in idaho for 20 years.  he knows what parts are good to eat, although he wouldnt necessary eat them raw he knows its not deadly or really that weird.  i was pretty giddy and gung ho.   i think being so comfortable with it and not really having the slightest hesitation helped the others who are just american kids in their 20's.   also that i am not a total leper helps, lol, and the guy who owns the farm, who is mid twenties, from idaho, but really intelligent, open and intuitive but pretty ordinary voted me less weird then any "raw foodist especially vegans" ! yes! will report back on the meat, thought of inger when i was eating the heart though as she suggested i might really appreciate elk heart.....i think this is close enough and i think she was right

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: September 10, 2012, 05:24:40 am »
okay ill stop talking about it after this but dammit, as ryan said, the meat is so tender, definitely only a yearling.  i think it was a rump piece too, not fiberous at all!  i will likely have access to this for the rest of the time i am in idaho, which at this point could be...........for.e.ver. and especially as i have enough money for a rifle and theres a shooting range down the road...yeh!

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1157 on: September 10, 2012, 09:57:27 am »
Go on witcho bad self!

You know that you don't have to tan the hide right? you can just work it (go on girl! lol) like the natives did much of the time. Instead of using chemistry to soften the hide, you're using elbow grease. Google it and if you can't find any info, lemme know I'll give you the rundown.

A deer almost hit my bullet tonight too, but fortunately I think he got out of the way lol! (in all fairness I haven't shot a deer in like 5 years, because of circumstances n shite, so I think I'm allowed a couple, unwritten rule, in my book of guidelines for living.)

Also everything above is theoretical and you should never believe anything I say anyhow!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: September 11, 2012, 03:35:53 am »
yeah but i dont even have any place to stretch it to scrape it.  also it is on the bottom of a guts pile.....plus, really, a biniki? fuck that, id totally make some tuff pants, a vest and some mocs....i joined adora today choppin wood, yes! 

and then i ate more raw deer butt part
do you have a chart of the cuts or something? its just in the root cellar and we might just start going it at like gyro meat, ha!

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1159 on: September 11, 2012, 08:39:19 pm »
Ok, first thing? Really? Why would you guys leave the skin under the guts? That makes like zero sense! Skinning these young animals is realllllly easy J, all you gots to do is have a sharp knife and take your time, one hand pulling the skin back, the other with the knife gently running over the membrane where the skin meets the meat. If you take your time you won't damage the skin (though nicks can be sewn if neccessary), just don't let it be intimidating, decide you're going to do it, and then make it happen, impeccable intent and all that. Also, saying you don't have a place to work the hide is like saying there aren't any trees growing in the forest! Anything that is smooth and sturdy can be a place to work a hide, a dead tree, fence post,  the beam of a building, just so long as you don't mind it getting oily. Also you can use ants to eat the fat off of a pelt, just sew it inside out and set it next to an ant nest they will chew off the fat and leave the pelt in tact (theoretically, I've not tried it personally!).

Anyway, the point is, if the pelt is going to waste anyway, then you have nothing to lose by haphazardly experimenting with it!  I facebooked you a pdf on meat cuts and nose to tail butchering, enjoy!

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1160 on: September 11, 2012, 08:50:53 pm »
Bone marrow,
Beef muscle,
Beef liver
Patola fruit / vegetable

For dinner
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1161 on: September 12, 2012, 03:19:45 am »
Oh I forgot to mention. The bee guy came to the farm while I was at work yesterday and apparently harvested some combs. When I got home there was a note that read, "this honey is from our garden/farm!" And next to it was one of the frames from the hive with big chunks of comb on it. It was super dank! I mixed the honey up with some peanuts and gold raw cream from our Brown Swiss and it was incredible! The source of this honey was our butterfly garden wildflowers, clover/alfalfa, and goldenrod. Pretty great stuff, the keeper is going to bottle some for us. I'm a little concerned now that he might be heating the honey with a centrifuge. He said he wasn't, and relied on the inherent heat from the hive itself to keep the honey workable but  you never really know unless you do it yourself! Anyway, grateful for this bounty!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: September 12, 2012, 08:01:41 am »
dude its skinned, i cant have it on the farm this time of year, its not my property and i have to respect that, its in the ground now, no waste, just back to dirt

yum stoked you got honey
honey from next door soon, yum  !

eating lots of ripe fruit from around here, apples, plums, peaches, little bit of melon, had some figs, really wish it wasnt so abundant but so far not having any ill physical effects.  i feel a twinge of anxiety or weird nervous energy that doesnt feel substantial when i eat it though, and can eat enough that i know its not filling any nutritional voids, will have to be on better behavior

also those fruititarians either have the best teeth ever or are totally lying when they say that fruit isnt completely corrosive to teeth, i can feel it immediately
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:13:57 am by jessica »

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1163 on: September 12, 2012, 08:41:10 am »
Anyway, had some strawberries today from our small patch of everbearing plants....remind me again why anyone would buy june bearing? Lollll

Thinking about going outside to butcher a chicken, but maybe not, we'll see, got lots of raw cream, so maybe will spare the chicken for now!

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: September 12, 2012, 09:03:35 am »
Well done Toth & Jesica for living off the land you stand on :)

* Local organic grass fed fatty lamb shoulder chops, marrow and liver
* Local grass fed non-organic lamb kidneys (the organic fall out of the carcass  into the workers gumboots before they make it to the shop! )
* Purple cabbage

The organic butcher gave free fat, but the chooks like it better than I do - fatty lamb chops seem enough to give energy and padding :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 09:55:31 am by alive »

Offline Wattlebird

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: September 12, 2012, 09:37:49 am »
I've just finished a 5 day fast and had my first food.
Alive, the man in your avatar pic would no doubt be in accordance, as I had delicious kangaroo flank.
Also, a cucumber.
These foods smelled, and tasted, divine!

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1166 on: September 13, 2012, 11:00:19 am »
Yumm, kangaroo!

Someone hit a Finch while I was grazing the cows near the road this morning, as it was in good shape and I've always wondered what songbirds taste like I pulled back the leg skin and feathers and ate the meat that was only just enough to taste being these birds are so tiny. It always amazes me how vital and energy filled wild meats are. The flesh was not pale like the chicken you see in stores (though a truly free range chicken is much closer to a wild meat) but it was different shades of ruby and the taste was nothing pronounced, just like really delicious chicken. Tomorrow I'll probably take a dove since they hang around a lot and are fairly plump. I should really just butcher some of our chickens though!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 11:20:07 am by Thoth »

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: September 13, 2012, 04:54:32 pm »
Thoth, are you too good friends with your chooks to kill them? In Samoa they swap their livestock with the neighbors, so they never have to slaughter their own animals.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #1168 on: September 13, 2012, 06:41:40 pm »
Late afternoon snack with the kids.
Puyat variety fresh durian.
Premium creamy avocado.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1169 on: September 13, 2012, 09:18:54 pm »
Lol, no not really Alive, I love them for sure, but I've been around death enough to be totally comfortable with the circle and I know my body will be feeding others someday as well. Death is nothing, our bodies are nothing, they should be cared for well while we are here (if we want to be healthy for the majority of our time here), but they are to be worn out and used, not clamored and groped after to our dying breath. We are just light inside of a flesh machine, and it's the same for all 'matter', it's just an illusion, a fun, painful, awe inspiring, terrible, hot mess of one, but an illusion all the same, nothing is really happening, and no one is really going anywhere!

What is keeping me from butchering the chickens? I guess just that they won't be around any more, which is different from not being able to kill them because of attachment. It's just an opportunity cost, nice to see them prancing around. But winter is on the way and most of the flock will be culled, and best to do so while they're still on rich green grass and at their highest energetic/nutritive value.

Offline papangue

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: September 14, 2012, 02:04:13 am »
Yumm, kangaroo!

Someone hit a Finch while I was grazing the cows near the road this morning, as it was in good shape and I've always wondered what songbirds taste like I pulled back the leg skin and feathers and ate the meat that was only just enough to taste being these birds are so tiny. It always amazes me how vital and energy filled wild meats are. The flesh was not pale like the chicken you see in stores (though a truly free range chicken is much closer to a wild meat) but it was different shades of ruby and the taste was nothing pronounced, just like really delicious chicken. Tomorrow I'll probably take a dove since they hang around a lot and are fairly plump. I should really just butcher some of our chickens though!!
did you eat the organs? do you know if brain bird tastes nice?

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: September 14, 2012, 01:55:11 pm »
If the bird was tiny how about just popping the whole thing in your mouth - mmm crunchy ?

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1172 on: September 14, 2012, 05:38:48 pm »
Lol, wasn't that tiny, and I was saving him as a treat for my dog!

CitrusHigh

« Reply #1173 on: September 25, 2012, 09:18:49 am »
No Papangue, didn't eat the organs of the finch, the bird was soo tiny (Not bite size though Alive, lol!) I didn't feel it was worth the mess and I knew my dog would enjoy him.
____
I just shot a Mourning Dove and ate it immediately. This is my first time with a dove so I didn't really know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised! First a pulled all the feathers except for the wings which I pulled off entirely. Then I simply pulled the very thin skin away from the chest which revealed deep ruby red meat, and surprisingly a lot of it! First I cut a piece away with my knife to taste it. It was wonderful, succulent, warm, tender, SO tender and delicate. After that I just kind of gave in and ate the meat right off the carcass with my teeth. Because I hadn't gutted the animal as I was biting into her it would pump small bits of blood on to the meat which was really flavorful. Once I had enjoyed, and savored the breast meat, I pulled back the breast cage/panel to reveal the organs. I ate the heart first, then the liver and some other tasty looking bits I didn't recognize.  I also ate a bit of the kidney analogue running along the spine, all delicious! Then I ate the small amount of meat on the legs. The rest went to my pooch as a treat, which he enjoyed immensely!

The funny thing about this bird is that it had no claws except on one toe, and only just barely. All the other toes were reddish orange and bare, the feet reminded me of big bird from sesame street lol! But the bird was the picture of health, nice feathers, clean, uniform meat, nicely colored liver and firm heart, so not sure what the toe thing is about, unless they've been scratching for seeds in the gravel/dirt around here so much that they wore them down.

I think this may be my new favorite fowl meat!

Offline jessica

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: October 12, 2012, 10:35:25 am »
some nice menonite type folks that i have been working with brought some fresh raw cows milk yogurt from their own cows.  its amazing, i have never had proper raw yogurt before.  although it wont become a staple, i am glad to enjoy a few spoonfuls here and there and will be getting some raw butter from them soon.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk