Author Topic: Raw beef fat  (Read 18893 times)

Offline Löwenherz

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Raw beef fat
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2013, 09:19:52 pm »
It is about healing, and about what really works for everyone who has ever honestly tried it.
There is a recent post by someone who really needs to do rzc, but you have so intimidated people here that nobody dares mention the obvious answer to her  problem. Pemmican.

William, do you believe that cooked fats are better than raw fats? Or do you just assume that cooked fats are as good as raw fats in the sense that they are not "damaged" or harmful at all?

Löwenherz

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2013, 09:45:15 pm »
Wherever did you get the idea that this was about convenience?

It is about healing, and about what really works for everyone who has ever honestly tried it.
There is a recent post by someone who really needs to do rzc, but you have so intimidated people here that nobody dares mention the obvious answer to her  problem. Pemmican.

Have you no heart?

It's about convenience because you're refusing to let people help you work to find a way to digest your fat and meat raw.  If you want to post about how great your cooked pemmican diet is, then you can go to a cooked zero-carb forum and do that.  The fact that you are trolling us just mystifies me. 

I'm not saying you should automatically switch to raw meat and fat.  I just think you should let us help you find a way to digest it, and then try it all-raw for a month or two.  If you honestly don't notice a difference in your health, then no big deal. 

And pemmican is not the only way to do zero-carb.  What's the point of pretending that it is?

William

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2013, 11:39:58 am »
William, do you believe that cooked fats are better than raw fats? Or do you just assume that cooked fats are as good as raw fats in the sense that they are not "damaged" or harmful at all?

Löwenherz

A very wise man once said "Before you would speak with me, let us define our terms".
Also: http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/journals/lex's-journal/

So I defined my terms in a post on 26/3, and did a poor job, so here's another attempt at some definitions:

Define tallow: practically pure Essential Fatty Acids.
Define render: separate fatty acids from indigestible connective tissue and water.
Define fat: combined fatty acids and INDIGESTIBLE PROTEINS and water.

If you can do better, please do so. There is no copyright on truth.

To answer your question:"do you believe that cooked fats are better than raw fats? ", no.
I believe things after testing for truth; if it passes I will believe it until something better is perceived.
I did test as whether cooked fat is edible, and it made me sick, that's why I do not believe it to be better.

To answer the second question:"do you just assume that cooked fats are as good as raw fats in the sense that they are not "damaged" or harmful at all?"
I have never made such an assumption.
If you note the definition, you can  see that cooked fat contains cooked protein which started out being waste and after cooking is poisonous to some of us, including me.

To belabour the point which seems to have confused you, cooked fat is not tallow, never was, never can be.

William

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2013, 11:52:33 am »
It's about convenience because you're refusing to let people help you work to find a way to digest your fat and meat raw.  If you want to post about how great your cooked pemmican diet is, then you can go to a cooked zero-carb forum and do that.  The fact that you are trolling us just mystifies me. 

I'm not saying you should automatically switch to raw meat and fat.  I just think you should let us help you find a way to digest it, and then try it all-raw for a month or two.  If you honestly don't notice a difference in your health, then no big deal. 

And pemmican is not the only way to do zero-carb.  What's the point of pretending that it is?

You seem to be confused about what is cooked. If you read the definitions I've given in the post above to Löwenherz,  I hope that you can understand that I do not eat cooked anything.

If you do not agree that the definitions are accurate, please correct them.

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2013, 12:26:25 pm »
Define tallow: practically pure Essential Fatty Acids.
Define render: separate fatty acids from indigestible connective tissue and water.
Define fat: combined fatty acids and INDIGESTIBLE PROTEINS and water.

Your definitions are self-serving. Let's start with render, which (when applied to fats) means to separate by melting. To melt, in turn means to become liquified by heat. To cook means to prepare food by heating. Raw means uncooked.

I don't really want to join a discussion about cooking, heating, melting, and rendering. I'm just saying.
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 01:00:42 pm »
William, why don't you just post in a cooked zero-carb forum?  Clearly you will not convert us, and clearly you are not interested in experimenting with non-rendered fat.  People come here to experiment with and learn about a diet that doesn't include rendered fat. Please respect that.

William

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 07:38:13 pm »
Your definitions are self-serving. Let's start with render, which (when applied to fats) means to separate by melting. To melt, in turn means to become liquified by heat. To cook means to prepare food by heating. Raw means uncooked.

I don't really want to join a discussion about cooking, heating, melting, and rendering. I'm just saying.

If they are not true, please do us all some good by showing where I have erred.

William

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2013, 08:08:20 pm »
William, why don't you just post in a cooked zero-carb forum?  Clearly you will not convert us, and clearly you are not interested in experimenting with non-rendered fat.  People come here to experiment with and learn about a diet that doesn't include rendered fat. Please respect that.

I have been using only "non-rendered fat" for a long time. It's called butter. Faute de mieux.

People come here for divers reasons, most for help with healing, a few to troll.

I've tried to  help dispell your confusion, but evidently failed. I sincerely regret that, but here's something that occurred to me recently: the plant-source neolithic foods that you eat have a known psychotropic effect, so if you were to stop eating those in favour of a true paleolithic diet, you should then be able to know the difference between cooked indigestible proteins (in cooked fat) and EFAs identical to those that make up the cell walls of a healthy body (tallow).
I realize that this is hard to do, having been as carbohydrate-addicted as you, but I can assure you that the benefits are well worth it. Someone here has noted "the constant mild euphoria" which always comes from a raw zero carbohydrate diet. That's only one of the benefits.

Offline Inger

• Chief
  • 38 yo Norwegian RVAF s.-06, 90% carniv.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2013, 08:23:07 pm »

I have been using only "non-rendered fat" for a long time. It's called butter. Faute de mieux.

People come here for divers reasons, most for help with healing, a few to troll.

I've tried to  help dispell your confusion, but evidently failed. I sincerely regret that, but here's something that occurred to me recently: the plant-source neolithic foods that you eat have a known psychotropic effect, so if you were to stop eating those in favour of a true paleolithic diet, you should then be able to know the difference between cooked indigestible proteins (in cooked fat) and EFAs identical to those that make up the cell walls of a healthy body (tallow).
I realize that this is hard to do, having been as carbohydrate-addicted as you, but I can assure you that the benefits are well worth it. Someone here has noted "the constant mild euphoria" which always comes from a raw zero carbohydrate diet. That's only one of the benefits.

I am with you on this William.
A fat burning human body is a must in this modern word, full of totally unnatural EMF. To live in the fat burning pathway is a important protection factor. We who do that can tell the difference. The Sugar burning pathway is a big mistake faced with today's issues... -X
For the one that do not believe it, go and do the research yourself, you will soon see.

The modern word is why we cannot go back and think we must live like gorillas or such as many rawfooders tend to think, it is a different word today because of many reasons.
We need to take everything in account or we will always feel confused...

Offline eveheart

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2013, 11:33:56 pm »
If they are not true, please do us all some good by showing where I have erred.

Okay... your error is by omission, in that you left out the "melting by heat" portion of the definition of to render.

On another note, since the connective tissue is what you dislike about raw fat, why not chew the fat and spit out the gristle?
"I intend to live forever; so far, so good." -Steven Wright, comedian

William

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2013, 01:18:12 am »
Okay... your error is by omission, in that you left out the "melting by heat" portion of the definition of to render.

OK, fair enough though it seems like nitpicking, I amend the definition here, as I cannot change the original post:
Define render: separate fatty acids from indigestible connective tissue and water by either heat or centrifuge.

On another note, since the connective tissue is what you dislike about raw fat, why not chew the fat and spit out the gristle?

1- Impossible, can only separate by heat or centrifuge. It's not gristle.
2- I don't like the taste. Note the variation in taste reported by so many here. Reason unknown, but I suspect lying farmers/butchers as the what the animal ate.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk