Author Topic: weston a price censored  (Read 10911 times)

Offline svrn

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
weston a price censored
« on: October 10, 2012, 02:42:55 am »
google has labeled it as a website that may harm your computer. just google weston a price and you will see it on every link to their site. the censorship has begun.

something very strange is going on here no matter what it is.
-----------

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: weston a price censored
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 03:42:23 am »
My local Weston A. Price group is talking about it. The websites however that are actively atm attacking WAPF are acting just fine.

It's not necessarily a conspiracy kind of thing - probably just some vegan hacker. No website is invulnerable.

Seems like Tony Robbins has gone raw vegan so is writing all sorts of negative nonsense about WAPF too. I remember listening to one of his tapes and hearing how he was suggesting raw food and thought that he might be an asset to people learning how diet can effect mental health - but he went off the deep end into fanaticism. Seems like it's a short little jump from being helpful into being negative and hostile.

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 03:51:22 am »
I rather like Tony Robbins. He was the one who got me into doing 100% raw vegan/fruitarian years before I went rawpalaeo, and thereby got me used to the notion of raw foods being better than cooked foods,  though his big-money-claims were obviously bogus. Oh yes, and his idea about the personal benefits of helping people for free, rather than giving cash per se, got me volunteering for the allexperts.com website. Incidentally, he has changed his raw vegan stance slightly  to also include fish-oils(presumably for the brain).
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 04:53:25 am »
Tony Robbins told people to do things for free?! I didn't know that. Seems quite contrary to how he has lived his life. I never took to him all that well generally because I studied with the men whose work he stole and built an empire upon and still think of their resentment whenever I think of Robbins.

I like you still think kindly and thankfully on the people from whom I got the idea of eating raw whether or not I agree with everything they taught.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 05:24:57 am »
Weston A. Price Foundation
Monday
RECENT WEBSITE ISSUES AND SECURITY UPGRADE
Monday at 11:50am
http://www.facebook.com/westonaprice

Many of you have noticed that our websites have been flagged by Google and others as being unsafe and have kindly alerted the webmaster. Thanks for your vigilance and advice! We've had three malware attacks in six weeks--a very unusual occurrence--so our programming team has had their work cut out for them to get the site cleaned ASAP each time and make plans to prevent such occurrences in the future.

While no website can ever be invulnerable to attack, we have identified several security measures to take to minimize our risk. These will be implemented over the next two weeks as we rebuild each site (westonaprice.org, realmilk.com, our two blogs, and the Chapters and Butter Buddies subdomains) on a more secure platform. Thank you for your understanding and patience.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 08:56:39 am »
Tell those WAPF guys if they need my services I can help them.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline cherimoya_kid

• One who bans trolls
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 10:15:58 am »
I bet the raw vegans wouldn't get mad and do stuff like this if their dicks still worked.

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 11:06:40 am »
I don't think it is sabotage.  It's more probably the usual hackers spamming the web and web masters who don't have enough tech skills to deal with the problem.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 03:03:14 pm »
Tony Robbins told people to do things for free?! I didn't know that. Seems quite contrary to how he has lived his life. I never took to him all that well generally because I studied with the men whose work he stole and built an empire upon and still think of their resentment whenever I think of Robbins.

I like you still think kindly and thankfully on the people from whom I got the idea of eating raw whether or not I agree with everything they taught.
Who were the people Tony Robbins stole from?

As regards his suggestion re helping others for free, technically, it is actually a selfish suggestion. Actually, he claimed that one should spend 10% of one's earnings(or profits?) on others, but also included advice on how to spend your time, not money, on others. The idea is that by helping others, you feel good about yourself, gain more confidence, feel more useful etc. I find handing over cash to be an odious thing,  viewing that in much the same way that Ron Paul views foreign aid, but spending some time to give a piece of advice now and then on a couple of  very unusual subjects is fine by me.
"During the last campaign I knew what was happening. You know, they mocked me for my foreign policy and they laughed at my monetary policy. No more. No more.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2012, 08:02:33 am »
Robbins took his teachings from Richard Bandler and John Grinder. He was an early pupil.

Basically these two got together to figure out what successful therapists actually do rather than what they said was the reason for their success. Together they developed neuro-linguistic programming. What Robbins started teaching and making into a commodity came directly from Bandler and Grinder's teachings but Robbins gave the two originators no credit or financial compensation. If one has studied nlp, Robbins techniques (especially his earliest teaching) are clearly just rudimentary nlp techniques. Basically, he dumbed down and dramaticized nlp for the general population and gave it a new name so that he could capitalize on it.

It makes sense that Robbins would propose tiding. That's something that is widely accepted as a new age technique for gaining more wealth. Robbins seems to have added over time more and more new age "strategies" to his original nlp teachings. Sad that, because there was probably more real good to be shared just in his original teachings if just left at that without trying to top himself more, seeming to give more and more benefit and therefore ask more and more money for his seminars. Last time someone told me that they went to one of his seminars they told me that there were thousands of people there and that he paid $3,000 to have that honor. 

Offline TylerDurden

• Global Moderator
  • Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
    • Raw Paleolithic Diet
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2012, 04:04:17 pm »
It's ridiculous for Robbins to charge so much. Clearly, the only ones who can afford his seminars are ones who have already made it in life re some wealth.

As for NLP, I've read that it is only effective in the short-term, but the effect does not last at all long-term.
" Ron Paul.

Offline Alive

• Chief
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 03:39:31 am »
The NLP practitioners I knew said that they can control their mind, thoughts and feelings, yet they all smoked pot - so obviously they were lying, since if they really had this much control they could save their money and just program themselves stoned!

I was into Robbins and NLP for some time but it never really worked for me. I seem to function best after being raw for sometime and then my brain functions brilliantly automatically without any need for all this expensive mumbo jumbo!

Offline Dorothy

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 04:33:36 am »
NLP includes some very effective ideas and tools - but they are just that - tools. Tools can be used well or not, for good purposes or not. The tools are really quite inexpensive in and of themselves. The originally books and courses were very affordable.

NLP can and does work long-term as well as short-term depending on what it is used for and how it is used and by whom. There is a level of skill involved in using the tools if one wants to build for longevity.

The subject of addiction would be a complicated one. The effects of many drugs is not just neurological in nature. A drug can effect many systems of the body and there is the bodily addiction to be taken into consideration as well.

NLP as proposed by Robbins makes it into some sort of magic and hence can make for some unrealistic goals and promises. I believe that is what Robbins sells - not the creators of the science.

NLP is no substitution for a good diet or good lifestyle habits, but can be a useful and valuable adjunct for self-change - at least that has been my experience. Because it has been so valuable to me, I don't care very much for what Robbins has extrapolated it into personally, but generally I think he has made some of the basics more available to the masses - which might have some overall positive aspects.

Also, an nlp practitioner trained by someone like Robbins is going to be quite different than one trained by Richard Bandler.  Robbins' trainees and students will have all sorts of other mumbo jumbo in the mix for sure and is perhaps part of why nlp is perceived as such these days by so many. Totally understandable. It's like when you say that I am into eating raw foods these days it's all mixed in with everything that raw vegans often put into the mix. Raw vegan raw foodism is more widely known - just like Robbins is more widely known. I've never considered raw food to be one in the same with everything it gets lumped in with and I do not see nlp as the same as all that it gets lumped into with either.

Raw foods and nlp are both very useful strategies - if come to with a little basic intelligence and logic that is. Both can get a bit of religiosity attached to them by some followers though. That's always a danger with humans. ;) 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk