Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 53295 times)

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
Re: Cancer
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2014, 08:18:18 am »
That doesn't speak very well for a raw diet........

I remember GCB explaining she over ate raw beef.
I can believe that.
One can develop allergies or over protein consumption on raw beef.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2014, 08:26:15 am »
I'll bet her diet was also low in resistant starch, which is commonly low in modern raw diets, but doesn't have to be.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 16, 2014, 09:45:04 am »
would you consider resistant starch any starch or sugar that doesn't get digested and absorbed before it enters the large intestine?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 16, 2014, 10:45:20 am »
RS is a special starch, not sugar. I guess you could think of fructooligosaccharides as being like resistant sugar. Fermentation is key, because if it's fermentable, that means the bacteria can eat it. Resistance is also key, because if it's resistant to stomach and small intestine digestion, then it can get down to the colon bacteria. Resistant starch is a fermentable fiber, as is inulin, pectin, fructooligosaccharides, etc., and resistant starch seems to be the most important one.

Not many people are eating much of it on any of the popular current diets in America--the SAD, typical versions of the USDA food pyramid, most raw "Paleo" and cooked "Paleo", low carb, Peatarian, and even some vegetarian and vegan, etc. Part of the problem is that the foods highest in RS tend to be rare or unpopular in the USA. Lots of folks in less modern old world countries still eat a fair amount of RS. Unfortunately, they too are eating less and less as more of their foods become processed in factories.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:09:43 pm by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2014, 01:53:21 pm »
thanks Phil,  so here's what i'm wondering..   If one partially chews an apple, you'll see bits in your stool.  Same thing with carrots, corn lettuce etc... Does not the sugars in those examples end up fermenting?

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2014, 01:54:52 pm »
I used to  be really into Jerusulem artichokes... They created more frequent bowel movements, but saw no  other gain in anything noticeable. 
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 09:46:55 pm by TylerDurden »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2014, 08:28:54 pm »
Pectin and fructooligosaccharides are not like the simple sugars we normally think of. They are more difficult to digest in the stomach and small intestine.

Jerusalem artichoke is an inulin-dominant food, IIRC. Resistant starch is found in foods that are rarely eaten in current Paleo-type diets, such as green plantains, very-green bananas, raw potatoes, raw legumes (some are edible), etc. Did any of the Instincto eaters eat these foods? Resistant starch seems to be the most effective food at preventing and healing colon cancer, breast cancer, and some other cancers.

Offline Iguana

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Eating tuna fish
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 17, 2014, 12:56:33 am »
Did any of the Instincto eaters eat these foods?
Many or most of us eat sweet potatoes. Few guys like raw standard potatoes.  We eat some raw legumes, sometimes.
Cause and effect are distant in time and space in complex systems, while at the same time there’s a tendency to look for causes near the events sought to be explained. Time delays in feedback in systems result in the condition where the long-run response of a system to an action is often different from its short-run response. — Ronald J. Ziegler

Offline van

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 17, 2014, 02:38:54 am »
Pectin and fructooligosaccharides are not like the simple sugars we normally think of. They are more difficult to digest in the stomach and small intestine.

Jerusalem artichoke is an inulin-dominant food, IIRC. Resistant starch is found in foods that are rarely eaten in current Paleo-type diets, such as green plantains, very-green bananas, raw potatoes, raw legumes (some are edible), etc. Did any of the Instincto eaters eat these foods? Resistant starch seems to be the most effective food at preventing and healing colon cancer, breast cancer, and some other cancers.

Phil, I'm still not seeing the difference of RS vs any undigested sugars or carbs that make it to the colon.  For I believe they all will ferment.  Now, maybe what you're saying is that the type of bacteria that prevails on RS is different than sugars or starch that makes it way to the colon in an undigested form.  ??

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 17, 2014, 10:57:36 am »
Many or most of us eat sweet potatoes. Few guys like raw standard potatoes.  We eat some raw legumes, sometimes.
Yes, sadly true. Resistant starch appears to be a major missing piece of the puzzle, and not just in raw Paleo--it's missing from many popular dietary approaches. Sabertooth said that a number of people aren't seeing all their health issues fully resolve on raw Paleo. If so, perhaps RS (and other aspects of the Old Friends Hypothesis) could be one reason why.

Phil, I'm still not seeing the difference of RS vs any undigested sugars or carbs that make it to the colon.  For I believe they all will ferment.  Now, maybe what you're saying is that the type of bacteria that prevails on RS is different than sugars or starch that makes it way to the colon in an undigested form.  ??
Yes, and that's just one part of it (the terms "fructans" and "pectin" seem better than "sugars" for the fermentable fruit fiber that makes it all the way to the colon--true sugars tend to be quickly digested much earlier), and as I mentioned before in another thread, this question and any others about RS that anyone could possibly imagine have probably already been answered multiple times in some detail by Tatertot Tim Steele, Richard Nikoley and others. At this post, I provided a link to more info:

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/general-discussion/fantastic-health-benefits-of-butyrate-6649/msg117108/#msg117108

And I created this post with links to still more info, including some details on why RS is special among the prebiotics:

http://www.rawpaleodietforum.com/general-discussion/fantastic-health-benefits-of-butyrate-6649/msg118261/#msg118261

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk