Author Topic: Has anyone here ever had a defficiency?  (Read 4071 times)

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
Has anyone here ever had a defficiency?
« on: January 22, 2011, 04:26:18 pm »
Has anyone here ever had a defficiency while on a raw paleo diet? Just wondering...
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline whatever

• Egg Thief
    • View Profile
Re: Has anyone here ever had a defficiency?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 07:02:23 pm »
Not that I know of (1.5 years+ now), I mainly eat raw-fat beef (grain or grass fed I don't know) some cooked fat pork meat and 1 or 2 pieces of fruit a day no veggies. It's winter around here not much sun, I think in December I got sick flu like maybe it's vitamine D linked, Now I eat a few herrings per week lot's of vit. D and raw. No problems since so coming winter I just eat some raw-fish when it's starting to get dark, if I don't get sick then there is an other mystery solved.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 03:47:36 am »
Do you mean a new deficiency or an unresolved one?
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline Caveman

• Bear Hunter
  • Man of the cave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 04:00:42 am »
I'm really thinking this might have been a big problem for me..

When it comes to fats and cholesterol, I think I was always eating the wrong sources. Since eating more raw animal fats, there's a huge difference in the way I feel. Even the minerals contained in the meat, I bet they play a role in my health returning.

Instead of trying to detox and cleanse my body, I think I may be able to come to the conclusion that I was just deficient in all of these pure nutrients. I was always thinking I needed to keep cleansing and cleansing and wondered why things were getting worse..

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 07:57:16 am »
Do you mean a new deficiency or an unresolved one?
A new one, Im just wondering cause it seems like every raw food site has people constantly coming up with defficiencies except this one.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 10:27:41 am »
I don't have any new deficiencies. I have also noticed a lot of reported deficiency symptoms at raw vegan and 80-10-10 forums. It's usually written off by the diehards as "detox" or "you must be doing something wrong" or "you're not eating enough calories you anorexic swine"--that sort of thing. :D The prescription generally is "eat more sweet fruits" or "cut out the nuts and fatty fruits" or "eat more calories". Eventually the poor person's teeth start crumbling and falling out and his/her physician orders the vegan to take B12 shots and eat some sort of animal food. The vegan accepts the shots but not the diet advice, does a tiny bit better, but still feels lousy. Eventually the luckier ones cave in, try some animal food, and experience immediate and surprising (to them, but not to us) improvement. Some of them surprisingly quickly give up the PETA fanaticism, but others struggle with it but decide that their own health comes before the animals or eventually discover that veganism is a Neolithic phenomenon that is not the best thing for either animals in general or the human race.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:36:27 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline kurite

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 01:31:32 pm »
Its not even the idea about having cals by 80% carb 10 protein and 10 fat, I love the idea of our species being able to thrive on a diet consisting of fruit, but we don't, we can't and if we try we get a defficiency. Theres a non stop group of people proving this but they just dont care.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk