Author Topic: Favorite raw paleo recipe  (Read 9259 times)

Offline Haida

• Forager
    • View Profile
Favorite raw paleo recipe
« on: July 21, 2009, 04:38:33 am »
So what is yours?

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite raw paleo recipe
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 04:51:05 am »
--Just made a nice 'recipe' (my supper) by warming some water in a pan, putting in fatty coarse beef mince (450gs) and a palm sized piece of beef liver. I added some honey, a pinch of sea salt and a handful of redcurrants+blackcurrants. I really like my meat a little warm, and think it must be amazing to eat a warm liver of a freshly hunted animal. The difference in taste between a healthy cows and non's liver is incredible too.

Oh, and I would definately not add any currants next time! They did not go well, but the rest was lovely.

Its the closest thing to a recipe i make i think!

Although just remembered...i have been making a few....

--Few duck eggs/hen eggs, small handful of berries, pinch of salt, dab of honey - smoothies for breakfast. The berries I bought at the market are redcurrants/blackcurrants/gooseberries/straw/rasb/blue.

Honey is like crack for me, I buy a jar intending to use it sparingly and its gone in 4 days! Doh!

But yeah, those are 2 i like.

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 06:09:46 am »
So far I guess...

raw or lightly melted bone marrow shmeared on raw top round steak or raw venison sausage.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 07:41:45 am »
I had never thought of a favorite raw paleo recipe.
My usual eating style is there is no recipe. 
Just plain fruit or plain meat.
I'm just a boring caveman.
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline SuperInfinity

• Deer Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2009, 08:25:28 am »
How right you are goodsamaritan. I have no idea why people cling so much to the idea of recipes and cookbooks and diets and mixing foods etc. I have NEVER seen the point.

Here's one of my favourite recipes:

1. Get a few bananas.
2. Peel them one by one and eat them as you do.

Note: Maybe recipes have merit for some people in some ways psychologically. I personally don't understand it. *shrugs*

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2009, 03:41:07 pm »
    I don't eat recipes anymore, haven't for a while.  Last was Moisturizing formula ala books by Aajonus Vonderplanitz.  It's really tasty and satisfying, but I just eat the individual ingredients now when I have them.

What's yours?
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline phatdave

• Buffalo Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2009, 06:37:30 pm »
I have no idea why people cling so much to the idea of recipes and cookbooks and diets and mixing foods etc. I have NEVER seen the point.

Note: Maybe recipes have merit for some people in some ways psychologically. I personally don't understand it. *shrugs*

Is this sort of comment really necessary?

Offline raw

• Mammoth Hunter
  • country chickens and lambs and wild bugs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2009, 01:27:24 pm »
someone actually asked me the recipe to make carrot juice...don't be surprised. we all are odds in some way.... i'm new in this raw paleo diet and just like GS i like to eat plain raw beef. but interestingly the other day i make raw steak tartar with ground beef, little black pepper, little red onion, raw soy sauce, a drop of balsamic vinegar... that was super delicious!!
bugs or country chickens

Offline Sully

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2009, 02:13:26 pm »
Fruit blended with egg yolks is nice recipe for a beginner.

Berries and bananas are a tasty combination for the smoothy.
One could try salads with raw meat too.

Combining these foods may not be the best for digestion, but its not the worst and is a good introduction to raw animal foods.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk