Author Topic: Solution for hair loss?  (Read 41860 times)

Offline J.O

• Forager
    • View Profile
Solution for hair loss?
« on: June 23, 2010, 07:52:17 am »
Before start this topic, sorry my bad english...
Well, im thinking, if these diets can cure almost all diseases, including cancer, can a variation of these regrow hair???
I have only 17 years and big bald spots in temple area.
Can someone help me with this???

Offline ForTheHunt

• Chief
    • View Profile
Re: Solution for hair loss?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 09:26:19 am »
I personally don't think that you can regrow hair. But I definitely think you can stop hairloss in it's tracks with cleansing and RPD.
Take everyones advice with a grain of salt. Try things out for your self and then make up your mind.

Offline J.O

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 09:51:30 am »
Somebody have a solution???
I really need this, i'm young and my hairline is from a old man...
I wanna regrow hair where i have lost and i don't now how!!!!
Is this impossible? Some people think cancer is impossible but doesn't...
Is baldness impossible to cure???

Offline J.O

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 09:53:45 am »
Thank you!
Suggests of foods???

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Mad scientist (not into blind Paleo re-enactment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 11:29:13 am »
You said you have "spots" - do you have alopecia areata http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_areata or standard male pattern baldness?

My hairloss slowed down, but didn't stop, on RPD. Carbs of any sort--including even raw carbs like organic fruits, but especially wheat--accelerate my hairloss the more of them I eat, but small amounts in the short term don't seem to trigger much hairloss (but who knows what's happening at the cellular level that I can't see).

Insulin resistance, IGF-1 and acne have all been connected to hairloss (though not everyone who is balding experiences all of them, of course): http://www.carnivorehealth.com/main/2009/5/17/diseases-of-civilization-hair-loss.html

So if you find that any foods spike your blood sugars or give you acne outbreaks, there's a chance they promote your hairloss as well.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 11:36:52 am by PaleoPhil »
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele
Beware of problems from chronic Very Low Carb

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 03:07:19 pm »
Do not shampoo your hair.  Use water only to wash it.

Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline J.O

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2010, 08:55:14 am »
You said you have "spots" - do you have alopecia areata http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alopecia_areata or standard male pattern baldness?

My hairloss slowed down, but didn't stop, on RPD. Carbs of any sort--including even raw carbs like organic fruits, but especially wheat--accelerate my hairloss the more of them I eat, but small amounts in the short term don't seem to trigger much hairloss (but who knows what's happening at the cellular level that I can't see).

Insulin resistance, IGF-1 and acne have all been connected to hairloss (though not everyone who is balding experiences all of them, of course): http://www.carnivorehealth.com/main/2009/5/17/diseases-of-civilization-hair-loss.html

So if you find that any foods spike your blood sugars or give you acne outbreaks, there's a chance they promote your hairloss as well.

Well, this can be right because i have acne since 13 years old.
I think is male pattern baldness because my dad have too, but he is not bald, he have a big forehead and a little spot in the crown.
But i dont now how i can start my diet, because i have acne and i want to elliminate
Is my acne cause Candida Albicans?
Can I do the raw egg detox or what is the best? Wai diet?

Do not shampoo your hair.  Use water only to wash it.

I will do this when i start my raw paleo diet because now my hair is greasy.

Thanks people! I'm sorry if I did a error in the text...

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 12:51:04 pm »
Pretty much stay away from carbs

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 12:58:53 pm »
Well ok its a little more complicated than that.... I've found that keeping my omega3s balanced works well for me because too much omega6 triggers an inflammatotry response, especially when mixed with carbs.   Personally I wouldn't expect to regrow hair.  Keep your fingers crossed for a future balding cure.

Offline KD

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 01:15:57 pm »
This is perhaps a different issue but

Its been mentioned by most SWD eaters that losing a little bit of hair regularly (say in the shower or brushing) is quite normal. Obviously those with longer hair can tell more. I know on a lot of 'alternative' type diets that either attributed regular increased hairloss to detox or simply adaptation that greater hair loss is expected. Some people even feel a thinner head of hair is healthier end product.

Is this what people typically experience? In my own case its hard to tell because I only wet my hair once a week, but often (especially now in the summer) it seems like i'll pull stands out running my fingers through my hair almost on a daily basis. I've thought about returning to more washing (with water) and possibly shampoo. My hair is pretty thick (and has a healthy luster) but I do have some remaining scalp issues due to residual fungal stuff, so I sometimes wonder if its hair not coming back. :/. I don't even understand the CW because people would have all kinds of shorter hairs growing in at the same time as those falling out. or do they?

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 11:01:11 am »
Well, this can be right because i have acne since 13 years old.
I think is male pattern baldness because my dad have too, but he is not bald, he have a big forehead and a little spot in the crown.
But i dont now how i can start my diet, because i have acne and i want to elliminate
Is my acne cause Candida Albicans?
Possibly, but both acne and male pattern baldness are more clearly linked to insulin resistance, as I said above. Read up on Loren Cordain's research (http://thepaleodiet.com/published_research/) on insulin resistance, acne and baldness. The dietary treatment for both insulin resistance and candida overgrowth are very similar anyways, typically involving cutting down on carbs and eating more Paleo-type foods. Read up on them and you'll see.

Can I do the raw egg detox or what is the best? Wai diet?
I don't recommend Wai diet, especially not for someone with insulin resistance.
I will do this when i start my raw paleo diet because now my hair is greasy.
I think Cordain talks about that too, in either his research reports or interviews, if my memory serves me correctly.
>"When some one eats an Epi paleo Rx template and follows the rules of circadian biology they get plenty of starches when they are available three out of the four seasons." -Jack Kruse, MD
>"I recommend 20 percent of calories from carbs, depending on the size of the person" -Ron Rosedale, MD (in other words, NOT zero carbs) http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ogtan
>Finding a diet you can tolerate is not the same as fixing what's wrong. -Tim Steele

Offline J.O

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 01:11:58 am »
Thank you PaleoPhil
What i have to do before start a ZC diet?
What food i can't eat?

I'm sorry, my english is very bad and I had not seen the newbie forum...Sorry
But I can consume how much carbs in my diet?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 01:34:05 am by J.O »

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 06:34:07 am »
Anything what have carbs in it--at least for a few weeks anyways, if you handle meat/fat/organs well, of course. Elimination-type diets typically last for 3-4 or more weeks, preferably until your hair loss has slowed and any other symptoms have calmed down, then if you want to reintroduce some you think you might be able to handle and wish to eat, you could try it one at a time. It should give you a better idea of which foods affect you in what ways.

Danny's book is coming out soon...

Halting Hair Loss: How Eating Like A Carnivore Can Save Your Hair
Sunday, June 20, 2010 at 7:05PM
By Danny Roddy
http://www.carnivorehealth.com/

Offline J.O

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2010, 07:38:18 am »
Ok
But i don't understand how much of these i can consume...
Organs like kidneys and liver just one time per week, right? And what kind of fat i can consume? Only from meats?
And I'm sorry for asking so many questions. -[

Offline J.O

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2010, 08:27:51 am »
Is "high-meat" good for my problems (acne and hair loss) ?
What you think?

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 03:50:21 am »
Most likely theres not going to be a 'magic bullet' for stopping the hair loss.  Just focus on eliminating carbs and you should start noticing a difference.  High meat will probably give you energy and enhance the immune system

Offline J.O

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2010, 04:45:08 pm »
Thank you
I'm crazy to start, but... i don't know how to convince my parents to let me get this diet...
They will not belive raw meat give basically all nutrients I need...
My father have high blood pressure and my mother hyperthyroidism, they can be cured too? But my father has the habit of drinking beer every single day...
I don't know how I can make they understand the diet.
How i can do this?

Offline goodsamaritan

• Administrator
  • Mammoth Hunter
  • Geek Healer Truth Seeker Pro-Natal Pro-Life
    • View Profile
    • Filipino Services Inc.
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2010, 06:22:07 pm »
Thank you
I'm crazy to start, but... i don't know how to convince my parents to let me get this diet...
They will not belive raw meat give basically all nutrients I need...
My father have high blood pressure and my mother hyperthyroidism, they can be cured too? But my father has the habit of drinking beer every single day...
How i can do this?

Have them watch the videos on my web page http://www.curemanual.com/diet-strategies/
Linux Geek, Web Developer, Email Provider, Businessman, Engineer, REAL Free Healer, Pro-Life, Pro-Family, Truther, Ripple-XRP Fan

I'm the network administrator.
My business: Website Dev & Hosting and Email Server Provider,
My blogs: Cure Manual, My Health Blog, Eczema Cure & Psoriasis Cure

Offline PaleoPhil

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 12:21:52 am »
Ok
But i don't understand how much of these i can consume...
Organs like kidneys and liver just one time per week, right? And what kind of fat i can consume? Only from meats?
And I'm sorry for asking so many questions. -[

I don't know what the maximum limits on organs are. Once or twice a week should be fine, I would think.

The fats that seem healthiest are marrow, suet, pork leaf, pork belly, raw cod liver oil, and extra virgin coconut oil. I don't handle coconut oil well myself, though. Brains would be another, except I've never seen them sold anywhere.

Offline J.O

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 11:04:14 am »
Thank you guys!
When I convince my parents... I'll start

Offline kgriffen

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 01:53:52 pm »
Thank you guys!
When I convince my parents... I'll start

There is a few easy ways into this.  First, I would not recommend labeling the diet, like "Paleo" or "Zero-Carb" etc.  Just tell your parents you would like to cut out all sugar (in all its various forms) for your acne problem.  The next week, tell them you would like to start eliminating all grains, tell them you saw a Dr. on television or something.  Next, tell them you think you are highly sensitive to chemicals and refuse to eat anything out of a box or other packaging.  Some might argue, but if you can get to eating real, unprocessed, chemical free, real food (excluding grains and sugar of course), you will be well on your way to a healthier way of eating, and you might see some benefit in your acne and hair as a result.

Then, if you so choose, you can move on to the more finer points of Paleo or whatever WOE you choose.

Offline RawZi

• Mammoth Hunter
  • Need I say more?
    • View Profile
    • my twitter
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2010, 10:34:55 pm »
How i can do this?

Maybe they can change with you, starting by not eating canned foods, and avoiding bread and cereals, at least a few real changes.  I wish you all great health!  If they make these changes, they will start feeling better (from their diseases), and that should help them support you.  I haven't read the book myself, but that fruitarian pro-buli guru, Douglas Graham has a book called Grain Damage that might help you learn the negatives of grain so you might teach your parents reasons to avoid that particular food of civilization.  It's hard, your parents will probably feel a little hurt that you don't look to eat the way their parents taught them to.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2010, 10:40:19 pm by RawZi »
"Genuine truth angers people in general because they don't know what to do with the energy generated by a glimpse of reality." Greg W. Goodwin

Offline J.O

• Forager
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2010, 07:45:16 am »
Thank you guys one more time!
But one more question: Can I consume only this:
-Lean meat
-Marrow
-Fish (small amount)
-Suet (where i buy this?)
-Cow's liver
-Butter (maybe ?)

Is this allright?
How much should I eat each of these items? (proportion)

Offline sven

• Bear Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 04:36:51 am »
Its a good way to start... many people get bored eating only a handful of foods.  Suet is bought or ordered from a local butcher or online.  Try raw butter, not everyone reacts good to it.  Proportions of foods you will have to experiment with on your own.  I personally eat about this in a day:

1 pound steak with 5 egg yolks in lemon

coconut oil and chicken

beef liver

olive oil and ground beef

another 1 pound steak with 5 egg yolks in lemon

butter and milk before bed with egg yolks, a banana

Offline miles

• Mammoth Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 07:26:15 am »
Phil: What is the diet of the pig from which this healthy pork fat comes from? Also, the same question for the marrow which you consider healthy.

Sven: What is the diet of this chicken and beef which you eat?
5-10% off your first purchase at http://www.iherb.com/ with dicount code: KIS978

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk